Cut fat help!

ashley291089

Awards
Hi, I'm 6ft 3" around 97kg am looking to shed fat around stomach area and love handles only real place I've got fat, can anyone give me some advice on nutrition and training? Haven't got a clue on bf% would imagine its high any advice welcome thanks

ashley291089

Awards
I'm 22 I go to the gym 4-5 times a week straight from work and go between cardio and weightlifting nothing heavy just trying to tone on a normal day I have 3 weetabix with skimmed milk breakfast, and around 11 I have 2 hard boiled eggs a piece of chicken breast and same again at about 2 then I have dinner which is always different not the right thing more often than not. Just want someone to poor me in right direction really I can lose weight but it's never where I want to lose it thanks

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
hi,
try taking nutrient rich food and practice regular exercises.
Green Tea helps alot in reducing cholesterol.
Avoid oily and fat contained food.
That may help you loose weight and doesn't allow to put on your weight.

ashley291089

Awards
At the moment I'm trying to cut out bread and just eat meat and eggs no fizzy drink or anything like that just water meat and eggs see how that goes I spose I've seen people on forums that have achieved what I want I know it's possible it's just someone helping me out with the knowledge I lack in really

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into:

Paleo diets
Lean Gains
Anabolic Diet

These things have given me the best results. It sounds like you need to increase your knowledge base which really comes from reading.

holgerdanske

Awards
Try skipping your breakfast, and get 75% of your daily carbs post workout. Ive never leaned out as much as when im doing leangains

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the moment I'm trying to cut out bread and just eat meat and eggs no fizzy drink or anything like that just water meat and eggs see how that goes I spose I've seen people on forums that have achieved what I want I know it's possible it's just someone helping me out with the knowledge I lack in really
its pretty easy. Add protein to your diet for one. Part of why you lose weight all over is you lose muscle too, from not getting enough protein. Part of it is that you have more fat on you than you think you do as well most likely.

But if you aren't going to be able to control your dinner, you'll at least have to be cautious with your portion size. and honestly 6'3" + 97kg isn't too bad. If you are carrying a lot of waistline fat it means you aren't carrying much muscle so you've got the choice of either working hard on adding muscle while very slowly losing weight or losing the weight faster but not being surprised at the size loss.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Look into:

Paleo diets
Lean Gains
Anabolic Diet

These things have given me the best results. It sounds like you need to increase your knowledge base which really comes from reading.
This^

ashley291089

Awards
its pretty easy. Add protein to your diet for one. Part of why you lose weight all over is you lose muscle too, from not getting enough protein. Part of it is that you have more fat on you than you think you do as well most likely.

But if you aren't going to be able to control your dinner, you'll at least have to be cautious with your portion size.

ashley291089

Awards

But if you aren't going to be able to control your dinner, you'll at least have to be cautious with your portion size. and honestly 6'3" + 97kg isn't too bad. If you are carrying a lot of waistline fat it means you aren't carrying much muscle so you've got the choice of either working hard on adding muscle while very slowly losing weight or losing the weight faster but not being surprised at the size loss.
Yeh I no 97 ain't bad for my height but it's just coz it's more fat than anything I think, yeh I always keep my portions down at dinner I'm not to fussed about losing size to lose the weight just want it gone, seems like I've just got to read up on everything gunna look into what was mentioned above n see how it goes I'll keep posting on progress if anything else springs to mind let me know thanks

erw012787

erw012787

Awards
Yeh I no 97 ain't bad for my height but it's just coz it's more fat than anything I think, yeh I always keep my portions down at dinner I'm not to fussed about losing size to lose the weight just want it gone, seems like I've just got to read up on everything gunna look into what was mentioned above n see how it goes I'll keep posting on progress if anything else springs to mind let me know thanks
Personally if your in the gym on what seems a regular basis maybe carbs pre and post could benefit. Have you ever looked into keto dieting which allows use of healthy fats be used as energy rather than carbs? No carb dieting will def lose weight fastest but you want the belly/hip fat gone, so start doing 35-40 min on the treadmill post gym at like 3.2 speed and 4 incline.

zebediah23

Awards
3.2 on 4 incline? I go 5.1 on 15 incline for 70 minutes. Do work!!

w4rf4r3

Awards
As EasyEJL mentioned, it sounds like you are really at a protein deficit. Not just that, but I see an unhealthy lack of fats in your diet.

Your breakfast could remain unchanged if you add a couple scoops of whey protein. Studies have proven that a breakfast of just carbs sets your body up for fat storage by elevating insulin when your body is most sensitive, upon waking. Add fat (unsaturated preferably) content by eating nuts & nut butters, MCT oils, flax and olive oils, etc... These will help you feel full, mobilize stored body fat, and keep hormones and cholesterol in check.

ashley291089

Awards
Personally if your in the gym on what seems a regular basis maybe carbs pre and post could benefit. Have you ever looked into keto dieting which allows use of healthy fats be used as energy rather than carbs? No carb dieting will def lose weight fastest but you want the belly/hip fat gone, so start doing 35-40 min on the treadmill post gym at like 3.2 speed and 4 incline.
Nah I've never heard of that but I will def look into it m yeh I'm gunna start off with what you said and progress from there I just need to get everything right diet and training wise and I'm sure I'll get the results I want in time thanks for the help

ashley291089

Awards
As EasyEJL mentioned, it sounds like you are really at a protein deficit. Not just that, but I see an unhealthy lack of fats in your diet.

Your breakfast could remain unchanged if you add a couple scoops of whey protein. Studies have proven that a breakfast of just carbs sets your body up for fat storage by elevating insulin when your body is most sensitive, upon waking. Add fat (unsaturated preferably) content by eating nuts & nut butters, MCT oils, flax and olive oils, etc... These will help you feel full, mobilize stored body fat, and keep hormones and cholesterol in check.
So you reckon to add a couple scoops of protein into the weetabix any suggestions on what I should be eating as a good lunch?

w4rf4r3

Awards
So you reckon to add a couple scoops of protein into the weetabix any suggestions on what I should be eating as a good lunch?
Exactly that, I've actually mixed whey protein in skim milk, and poured it over shredded wheat... tasted PHENOMENAL! As for lunch, definitely have a whole food source between shakes; chicken, egg, lean beef. Whichever you prefer really, 4-6 oz depending on weight, paired with at least a 1/2cup of green, fibrous vegetables like spinach, broccoli, or cabbage. I like to use the frozen spinach, microwave defrosted with a bit of seasoning mixed in, and thrown into a pan of scrambled eggs just before they finish frying.

Depending on your goals, you could add another dense carb source like sweet potato, white potato, brown rice, but if you gain too much weight, use them as your variable, and cut them out accordingly from your meals later in the day.