Could you help me with my contest dieting

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%

Could you help me with my contest dieting

Sup guys,

Well I've been training for a contest and I'm kind of behind on my fat loss. I was sick for a few weeks which kind of threw me off. I'm 202 at approximately 9% bodyfat and I have 5.5 weeks left until competition. I spoke to a fellow bodybuilder at my gym and he told me that he diets by letting himself go into ketosis throughout the whole period of dieting. I personally think he is way over doing it because he starts off at around 18% bodyfat at 250 lbs. then gets down to 190lbs. Well lets get back to the point. He told me that in order for me to get into shape I would have to go into a ketogenic state. My theory is that ketosis would not be ideal for keeping muscle mass but i'm not sure. Like I thought it would be ok to be near it but not fully in it. My diet consists of around 350 grams protein, 125 grams of carbs, and 50 grams of fat which totals to around 2350 calories. Note I just cut carbs about 1.5 weeks ago. I was at around 225 grams per day. I've been dieting for around 16 weeks so far. Just taking it real slow. ( I think I may have taken it too slow)Went down from around 17% bodyfat at 216 to 9% at 202. By those numbers it seems that I have gained around 4.5 lbs. The 1-test/5AA helped me keep the mass. One thing I have to do is start doing cardio in the morning. I normally do it after a training session and on a couple of off days but I think I may throw another one in the morning for say 30-45 mins doing intervals. Do you all have suggestions. I'm not asking for you to tell me everything. I just want a few pointers because this is the longest i've ever dieted since i've started bodybuilding so i'm sort of new to this and I don't know what to expect.

Thanks for you help

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%

This is going to be contraversal but there is some truth to what he is saying..
    I competed in a show and 2 weeks later another, and I was way to smooth the first show.My trainer Victor Terra (NABBA Universe winner) told me to 40 carbs per day right up to 3 days before the show,then carb up with sweet potatoes and brown rice,then the day of the show rice cakes and honey..Whatever you think of this it worked I was shredded..Remember this is not recomended as a pre contest diet,but if your behind this is an extreme way to rip up and before everyone freaks out im not recomending this..But desperate times call for desperate measures.You must jack up your protien to 2 grams per pound and also this works well if your body type mesomorph and endomorph,Ectomorph forget it..
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%

Yeah I was thinking that is what I would have to do. I'm more mesomorph/ectomorph. I think I may have experienced a metabolic slowdown from the long dieting. Do you think that I should include all the carbs in my first meal or post workout? The thing is I don't finish my workout until around 9:30 to 10 at night and i'm in bed by 11:30. I wouldn't think the post workout meal would harm me but i'm not sure. Well I think the guy at my gym over does it because he diets for 20 weeks and he tries to get in ketosis as early as possible. I mean he was ripped and all but he looked like he may have lost a lot of muscle mass. I rather be ripped than fat onstage so this may be what I have to do. I have a ECY/Green Tea/Sesathin stack that i'm bout to start when I receive it. I think I will double dose the Sesathin. I don't want to rely soley on supplements though. Thanks for your help.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%

Hey no problem, I hope this helps you,I would eat my 40grams of carbs 1 hour prior to training,and lets face it your gonna feel like ****.Buy some keto stix and piss on them this will tell you how deep your into ketosis.I did it so severly I started stuttering my speach was messed up a piece of wheat toast took care of that..Also you will look flat and will experience no pump,but once you start carbing up look out..
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Hey no problem, I hope this helps you,I would eat my 40grams of carbs 1 hour prior to training,and lets face it your gonna feel like ****.Buy some keto stix and piss on them this will tell you how deep your into ketosis.I did it so severly I started stuttering my speach was messed up a piece of wheat toast took care of that..Also you will look flat and will experience no pump,but once you start carbing up look out..
    Yeah I've been had the ketostix. I only had a trace amount of ketones in my body. Yeah i'm feeling like crap with 125 grams of carbs per day. Well I hope this stack boosts my mood. My job requires me to think all day which sucks when dieting.
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Unfortunetly there is no differenc in the amount of fat you burn while in ketosis, or not. You drop much more water and glycogen so you APPEAR to lsoe more fat. Thats why you do it a couple days before the contest. When you carb up you fill glycogen stores but it sometime take days for that subcutneous water to build up so in essence you keep the dry look, yet you are pumped as well.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Unfortunetly there is no differenc in the amount of fat you burn while in ketosis, or not. You drop much more water and glycogen so you APPEAR to lsoe more fat. Thats why you do it a couple days before the contest. When you carb up you fill glycogen stores but it sometime take days for that subcutneous water to build up so in essence you keep the dry look, yet you are pumped as well.
    Thanks Bobo. I think once I tweak my training and add these supplements I may be alright. I'm doing a Novice show but that doesn't mean I want to come in looking like I'm a Novice. If I come in decent shape I'll do the show. If not, this is a valuable learning experience. I don't want to commit all the money for posing trunks, hotel stay, NPC card, registration fee, and other miscellaneous stuff if I don't think I will do well. I just can't afford to throw away money since I'm still in college and trying to pay off bills at the same time. Thanks again for your help guys.

BTW have you ever done a show before Bobo?

Similar Forum Threads

1. please help me with my keto diet!
    By clayface91 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
  2. Want to help me with my cutting diet?
    By drchildress in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 03:42 AM
  3. Can some one help me with my diet please?
    By oceanrun in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
  4. Help Me With My Cutting Diet
    By patricio in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
  5. Help me with my bulking diet (extremely hard gainer)
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 03:12 AM