Need to lose BF

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 187
BF: 30+% ?

Gonna eat 5-6 times a day. About 1500 calories, 40/40/20 P/C/F. I figured the 1500 is the right caloric deficit for someone like myself with LBM probably around 135. Low-GCI carbs (Whole grain bread, Veggies) and good fats (EFA Supp., Peanuts) throughout. Protein sources are whey powder, tuna, chicken. Keep the carbs and fats away from each other during mealtimes.

Full body workout: 2x a week + 15 mins post-WO HIIT.
Cardio: HIIT, 20 mins non-WO days 3x a week

Supplements: Multi, Total EFA Supp., ECA Stack

Lots o' Water. Maybe a cheat day a week.

Can I get some feedback? Though I would like to be stronger, losing fat is my priority.

xil

Awards
1500 calories to start off with is too low. You may lose weight at first but what happens when you stall? Drop even lower? Do 7 days cardio? I'm sure you'll find you will lose weight at a much higher caloric intake

You should perhaps tone down on the HIIT workouts... you'll understand what I mean after a day or 2 :rant:

Low GCI? You mean GI?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Start off with about 2000 calories and cut down gradually. Try to lose at the rate of 1 pound a week. You may wanna start with low to moderate intensity cardio and do the cardio 4x a week, JMO.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 187
BF: 30+% ?

Gonna eat 5-6 times a day. About 1500 calories, 40/40/20 P/C/F. I figured the 1500 is the right caloric deficit for someone like myself with LBM probably around 135. Low-GCI carbs (Whole grain bread, Veggies) and good fats (EFA Supp., Peanuts) throughout. Protein sources are whey powder, tuna, chicken. Keep the carbs and fats away from each other during mealtimes.

Full body workout: 2x a week + 15 mins post-WO HIIT.
Cardio: HIIT, 20 mins non-WO days 3x a week

Supplements: Multi, Total EFA Supp., ECA Stack

Lots o' Water. Maybe a cheat day a week.

Can I get some feedback? Though I would like to be stronger, losing fat is my priority.
I would cut out the cheat day at first. At your bf %, there is no need to have a cheat meal to replenish leptin levels. That is only necessary once you start to get pretty low bf. And it will hurt your progress alot... especially a whole cheat DAY... a cheat MEAL maybe :)

Also I would hold off on the ECA for the first few weeks at least. The sooner you use it, the sooner you will stall out. It should be used after your progress from diet and training has started to slow.

I would also throw in sesathin.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
HIIT 5 times a week to start out with is pretty rough on your CNS i'd recommend HIIT 2x a week to start out with and perhaps 3 other days of 45 minutes of brisk walking

and what everyone else said good luck man i hope this works out well for you diet is most important with a strong will you'll shed those pounds with no problem

keep us updated bro :)

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Thx for all the info.

I've been doing HIIT for a while, in the 1 min on 1 min off type way. I tried the 50 seconds jog, 10 secs sprint way and I could only do like 5 mins. I think the latter way is the way I want to go because the former I was probably doing 75% as my "sprint".

I'll up my calories to 1800. I can hold off on the CA stack cuz it hasn't been delivered yet.

Lastly, what is "sesathin"?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thx for all the info.

I've been doing HIIT for a while, in the 1 min on 1 min off type way. I tried the 50 seconds jog, 10 secs sprint way and I could only do like 5 mins. I think the latter way is the way I want to go because the former I was probably doing 75% as my "sprint".

I'll up my calories to 1800. I can hold off on the CA stack cuz it hasn't been delivered yet.

Lastly, what is "sesathin"?
search for it on the homepage of www.bulknutrition.com

It is made by avant labs, it is basically a "super" fish oil... really helps up your metabolism. Take it with cheat meals especially.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
You can do some low-intensity aerobics every morning before breakfast. That *WORKS*.

You can get on a CKD and keep your carb-ups to only 1 day a week. That *WORKS*.

The rest of the advice on this thread... Is also good, IMO ;)

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
A concern with pre-breakfast cardio, which was brought up in another thread on another board, was that my commute to work is about 45 mins, which is where my gym is.

So waking up, taking an hour to get to work, doing cardio, and then eating seemed very catabolic (coritsol levels are pretty high in the morning and it lubs to eat muscle). Someone suggested taking some carbs and protein in beforehand.

But then, that defeated the purpose of doing morning cardio so I'd just as soon do my workout in the afternoon. Morning cardio might be a highly known MYTH and actually be detrimental.

justinlarged

Awards
Hey man I feel you on this one. I have always heard that morning cardio is the best way to melt fat away and I believe this to some extent. I think that the most important thing is that your body has allready used up most of its carb source so it will then switch over to burning fat as the mechanism for fueling your cardio workouts. I also drive a little over 1 hour to my work and gym and school so morning cardio is almost out of the question. What I have started doing is cardio right after my resistance training. I lift heavy and for awhile usually 1-2 hours then I get on with the horrible mind-numbing cardio monotony. My weapon of choice is usually the stairmill this is real hard if you gear up the intensity (If you are lauging try putting it on level 15 on the fat burner + workout and try not to puke :)). After 30-45 min of that bullsh*t I down a moderate carb high protien shake to kick up the insulin and lower my cortisol levels. I have noticed that doing cardio after weightlifting I burn much more fat that when I do any other time.(except the morn of course). So if you can fit it in at the end of your training I believe that would be the best time for it. That is just this guys opinion. :rant: