6 Week Cut - Need Some Advice.

SNM

Awards
Hi.

So I've been browsing this forum for about 2 months and in no doubt it is one of the better' forums on the net for reliable and decent advice.

Anyway; I've just basically "won" a holiday with some friends which is in 7 weeks. I need to cut some bodyfat to look semi decent. My BF is around 15 - 17%, I can see my abs slightly.

I've been bulking since September consuming 3000 calories from a very relatively clean diet making steady gains. Im thinking of going calorie deficient to 2200 (non workout days) and 2400 on workout days.

I also have a few supps on hand which ill use within these 6 weeks like;

• Lean xtreme
  • I force - tt33
  • AX - hard fx
  • AX - mass fx
Thinking of cycling these supplements all within the 6 weeks. The test booster should enable my strength to keep up.

My question is, is it possible to successfully cut some decent fat during 6 weeks cycling these supps on a deficient diet. I want to try and not loose any muscle during this time.

Is 8 - 10lb FAT loss possible in 6 weeks healthy?

Oh and im 21 years old ;)

Thanks!

brendan808

Awards
What i do is, start off with no grains or starches what so ever, keep only 30grams of carbs a day. Only allow very little sodium in your diet. My meals primarily consist of a lean meat like chicken. I drink 1 gallon of distilled water to flush out all the water weight too. Ive done this 2 times on 4 weeks cycles and it works great. If you need you can make a cheat day every 2 weeks it wont do anything.

SNM

Awards
Thanks for the input but I wouldnt really want to go down to just 30G carbs per day. What were your results from them 4 week cycles?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
8-10 lbs in 6 weeks can be done for sure, safely and pretty easily. Avoid sugar and alcohol, along with most other lousy carbs. But, consider this: even if you don't drop the weight and you remain at 15-17% and your abs show slightly, you are already in better shape than 90% of the folks you'll see on your vacation. :)

SNM

Awards
8-10 lbs in 6 weeks can be done for sure, safely and pretty easily. Avoid sugar and alcohol, along with most other lousy carbs. But, consider this: even if you don't drop the weight and you remain at 15-17% and your abs show slightly, you are already in better shape than 90% of the folks you'll see on your vacation. :)
Thanks for the input; I don't really drink often, had all the fun out of alcohol in my early teens, over it so to speak now haha.

Think I'll run the supps and run calorie deficient 3 - 500 and see how I progress each week.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, if you run cal deficient by 500 a day, you'll drop a pound a week. But, I'm sure you already know that.

SNM

Awards
Yeah, but what affect could the supplements give me during the 6 weeks for extra fat loss?

For example, lean xtreme lowers cortisol; I wonder how the addition of this supplement will affect fat loss?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but what affect could the supplements give me during the 6 weeks for extra fat loss?

For example, lean xtreme lowers cortisol; I wonder how the addition of this supplement will affect fat loss?
You'll have to wait for someone else to answer that one. I've never used a supplement for weight loss. I'm not a believer.

SNM

Awards
You'll have to wait for someone else to answer that one. I've never used a supplement for weight loss. I'm not a believer.
Thanks fair enough; thank you for the input given!

brendan808

Awards
I dropped 12 pounds and it was really noticeable. I cycle it with bulking tho. I bulk for like 6-8 weeks and i gain about ten pounds 8 of which usually are fat but 2 lbs of muscle and then i cut it all off. And repeat. I went from a 32 inch waste to a 29 and i started to see cuts i haven't seen before. I was like you about 17 percent body fat and now I'm around 12. Id try it and see how it works for you. Its not that hard to stop carbs if you do for 3 days and it becomes habit.

ReedSkin

ReedSkin

Awards
I will repeat a favorite of mine and seems perfect for your timeline, Try the 666 method, it's amazing for Cutting down and not boring and long like walking 5 miles. 6 Sprints, 6 Days a Week, For 6 Weeks. Walk back time is your recovery time. You know what you can sprint so judge yourself on how bad you want to lose weight. Remember it's 6 Sprints 6 days a week for 6 weeks. After your daily workout routine of course!

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
I've been bulking since September consuming 3000 calories from a very relatively clean diet making steady gains. Im thinking of going calorie deficient to 2200 (non workout days) and 2400 on workout days.
I think if you want to lose 8-10 pounds in 6 weeks, you may need to cut calories a bit more. you are looking to lose close to 2 pounds per week, and as SXIPro noted, you would need to run a calorie deficit of around 1000 calories per day. It looks like your lean body mass is about 155. Mine is 164, and I have been able to lose 2 pounds a week while maintaining LBM by eating around 1800-1900 cal / day (workout and rest days). you may have a more aggressive (read - better :) ) metabolism than I do, but you still may want to cut the calories down to 2000 or less and see how it goes for you.

I have not tried those supplements, so I don't know how much they will help, sorry

PowerliftNY

Awards
I don't know what kind of cardio your doing, but when i switched from doing moderate cardio to HIIT i saw much more rapid fat loss and you won't loose your muscle, try it 3 times a week see how that works!

SNM

Awards
I think if you want to lose 8-10 pounds in 6 weeks, you may need to cut calories a bit more. you are looking to lose close to 2 pounds per week, and as SXIPro noted, you would need to run a calorie deficit of around 1000 calories per day. It looks like your lean body mass is about 155. Mine is 164, and I have been able to lose 2 pounds a week while maintaining LBM by eating around 1800-1900 cal / day (workout and rest days). you may have a more aggressive (read - better :) ) metabolism than I do, but you still may want to cut the calories down to 2000 or less and see how it goes for you.

I have not tried those supplements, so I don't know how much they will help, sorry
Cutting by 1000 seems alot! However; from reading your post I will take in what you say and possibly just eat 2000 - 2200 calories per day and see how it works out, mabey even run 1800 towards the 4th - 6th weeks.

Many people seem to have success with low carb diets; I will cut down to just 100 per day on the first week and see how I progress, whilst upping protein and good fats.

As for 666 method, I'll have a quick look into it and see if I can incorporate it into my routine ;)

Thanks for all the replies I've got my answers now.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
IMO supps affect different people in different ways (if they have an affect at all). I would focus on making a goal and tailoring your diet and training to achieve it, then add in the supps and if they give you extra benefit then dandy.

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
All complex carbs for carb source except post workout, no carbs in your last meal before bed, 30-45 minutes of cardio post workout keeping your heart rate in your specified fat burning zone, 1000 calorie net deficit every day and one cheat meal a week.

Work hard when lifting and get 6-10 hours of sleep a day.

Might consider supplementing with a ZMA product as well.

You can generally cut on a 20/40/40 fat/carb/protein diet too. No need to lose carbs in your diet.

You can't go wrong with this scenario if you're strict about it!

Good luck.

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
Another thing... On non workout days make sure you don't eat as much as on workout days. Always stay in that net caloric deficit buy guesstimating how many calories you burn in a workout.

If you have time, a scoop of aminos right when you wake up and go for a brisk walk for 30 minutes a few times a week. Come home, eat and be merry.

SNM

Awards
Go Away; thanks for the advice.

Im not however going to deficient 1k calories a day, well not strait away. I will start the first 2 weeks on 2200 on workout days / 2000 on non workout days.

My calorie plan will go like this;

around 7am - 400kcal

around half 9 - 10am - 300kcal

1pm - 500kcal

4.30pm - 300kcal

7pm - 300kcal

10.30pm 200kcal

(on workout days my pre and post workout meal be up 100kcal each).

My workouts will continue to be a 4 day split however I will add cardio on the usual rest day.

critique please?

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Here's my routine right now to give you an idea:

6:30 am 1st dose of ephedrine and caffeine out the door ride my road bike to the gym
7-8:30 am lift, boxing( heavy bag HIIT) then abs
8:30-9:00 travel to work on my road bike
9:00 1st meal pwo
12:00pm chicken breast, sweet potatoes
3:00pm chicken breast sweet potatoes
6:00pm protein shake 1/2 cup oatmeal
8:00pm tilapia, 1 1/2 cup rice
10 pm 1 cup cottage cheese
( NExt day Repeat)

An I'm down about 27 lbs which means you don't have to cut out carbs just keep macros in check
And test booster at 21? Let carbs be your test booster

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Big fan of the HIIT workout program for losing weight and cutting. Try it