First Cutting Log

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
OK so long story short i have been in and out of hospital for the last twelve months over a stupid surgery that never quite healed.
As i havent been able to train or eat properly due to this i have gained a fair few excess pounds and lost alot of size an strength.
On Sunday i started my cut at 194 and would like to cut down to 180 before i jump on cycle. I wont start my cycle until i have reached this goal.
I will report my weight every monday
I work shift work so some of my workouts will be all over the place and because the only gym in town is only open 3 hours on weekends there will be two weekends a month i cant lift.
My macro ratio will be 50% protein 30% fats and 20% carbs to a total of 2000 - 2200 calories
I work an even time roster which includes day and night shift. On my day shifts i will be cutting all carbs out and will be doing cardio only. I have my night shifts as off days. I will lift on every one of my rostered days off and onmy changeover (between day shift and night shift) i will do the big three movements (deads, squats and bench). I will add pics when i can find my cable for my camera.
The only things i supplement are my multivitamin, protein powder when im in a jam, Oxy Elite Pro and Jack3d for my pre workout
Feel free to critique

Sundays workout
Arm Day
I always start on arm day so that i can hit my arms twice per week.

Weighted Dips
45 x 12 x 12 x 11 almost got that 12th rep out but failed 3/4 the way up.

Seated Overhead Dumbell Extension
85 x 12 x 8
80 x 12

Rope Pulldowns
80 x 8
70 x 8
60 x 12

Single Arm Cable Kickbacks
40 x 6
30 x 10 x 10

Underhand Grip Chins
BW x 8 x 7 x 7

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
65 x 7
55 x 8 x 6

Dumbell Hammer Curls
35s x 7
30s x 12 x 9

Mondays Workout
Shoulder Day
I usually superset shoulders with abs but with my wound on my back im not going to for the next few weeks

Seated Dumbell Shouder Press
65s x 12 x 9 x 8

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
90 x 8 x 7 x 6

Front Raise
45 x 12 x 12 x 12

Side Lateral Raise
25 x 8
20 x12 x 12

Reverse Cable Flyes
Plate 3 x 12 x 10 x 8

Dumbell Shrugs
110s x 10 x 10 x 8

Tuesdays Workout
Back Biceps Superset

Lat Pulldowns
225 x 11
200 x 11 x 9
EZ Bar Curls
55 x 10 x 10 x 10

Barbel Bent Over Rows
175 x 10 x 9 x 8
Alternating Dumbell Curls
35s x 7
30s x 9 x 8

T Bar Rows
225 x 12 x 10 x 8
Hammer Curls
25s x 10 x 8
20s x 10

Straight Arm Pulldowns
140 x 12 x 10 x 10
Cable Curls
60 x 12 x 12 x 12

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
the gym is open 3 hours on the weekend? wtf.. that ****ing sucks.. you could probably stand to get some dumbells.. what are the gyms regular hours?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
the gym is open 3 hours on the weekend? wtf.. that ****ing sucks.. you could probably stand to get some dumbells.. what are the gyms regular hours?
Yeah bro tell me about it. Apparently there s a 24 hour gym opening middle of the year so that will be focking awesome! current gym hours during the week are 0530 - 2100 so if i worked monday to friday i wouldnt have a problem lol

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Wednesdays workout
Chest and triceps
My mood was terrible today and i didnt get any better.

Flat Dumbell Press
90s x 7 x 8 x 6 these are usually pretty easy but not today i felt a pinch in my left shoulder on my first set and every set after that my shoulder failed. It didnt hurt at all it just felt really weak.

Incline Chest Press
70s x 8 x 7
65s x 6 Same thing here my shoulder failed well before my chest was fatigued
Dips Machine
200 x12 x 8
190 x 8

Smith Decline Bench
155 x 10 x 4
130 x 4 These numbers are embarrassing but my shoulder had nothing left. At least it will make next weeks workout look better lol
Cable Straight Bar Pushdown
plate 6 x 10 x 8 x 6 dropset plate 4 x 6

Standing Cable Flyes on the Crossover Machine
PLate 6 x 8 x 8
Plate5 x 10
Single Arm Cable kickbacks on Crossover Machine
Plate 5 x 8 x 8 x 8

Diet has been ok today 2300 cals with a macronutrient ratio of 47% protein 34% fats and 19% carbs.
Tomorrow is leg day.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Today was leg day but ive had a tightness in my hamstring and my tibialus anterior muscles so i was abit limited on what i could do but i still went down and threw some weights around. Ive had the tightness in those muscles since my first run on monday so ihavent been able to do cardio since. Hopefully they willbe better by tomorrowbecause i have three days straight of cardio coming up.
Thursdays workout
Squats
290x 8
265 x 8
245 x 8 dropset 225 x 6 dropset 130 x 12 these sets were all quite easy so ill probably start off next week at 310 fo my first set and then pyramid down

Flat Leg Press
640 x 10 x 10 x 10 these were probably a bit light but i have been nursing my legs thus far because some of the movements hurt my wound on my lower back. Will go back to heavy next week.

Leg Extension
Plate 8/10 x 10 x 10 x 10

Seated Calve Raise
175 x 18 x 15 x 15

Standing calve Raise
200 x 10 x 10 x 10

My workout was cut short because my training partner / girlfriend packed a mega **** over a joke i made lol women!
My diet was a bit off today because i had to travel 125 miles to the city and spend the day there so i had to rely on fast food. Most of it actually wasnt that bad as theres a couple healthy snack places in a shopping centre. Macro nutrient ratio of 52% protein 29% carbs and 19% fats for a total of 2241 cals

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 5
Today was supposed to be HIIT day but by the time i got home from work the gym hadclosed! Hate small towns. I ended up just going for a low intensity jog for 30 mins. The gym will be closed tomorrow because its the weekend and i dnt get home until 1900 after day shift.
Not much else to report my diet was slightly over target calorie wise but it was all protein. I had no direct carb sources today so im not sure how myfitnesspal calculated 67g carbs anyways my total cals were 2374 with 323g protein 67g carbs and 105 fats. Macronutrien ratio of 52% protein 37% fats and 11% carbs
I havent been doing much cardio due to the fact that when i started late last week, i have had the worst pain in my tibia (front of calve) and a tightness in my left calve. I probably should have eased my way into it lol. the pain went away today but came back as soon as i started running. Will have to see what i can do on days off.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Day 5
Today was supposed to be HIIT day but by the time i got home from work the gym hadclosed! Hate small towns. I ended up just going for a low intensity jog for 30 mins. The gym will be closed tomorrow because its the weekend and i dnt get home until 1900 after day shift.
Not much else to report my diet was slightly over target calorie wise but it was all protein. I had no direct carb sources today so im not sure how myfitnesspal calculated 67g carbs anyways my total cals were 2374 with 323g protein 67g carbs and 105 fats. Macronutrien ratio of 52% protein 37% fats and 11% carbs
I havent been doing much cardio due to the fact that when i started late last week, i have had the worst pain in my tibia (front of calve) and a tightness in my left calve. I probably should have eased my way into it lol. the pain went away today but came back as soon as i started running. Will have to see what i can do on days off.
I feel you on the gym being closed man... Where I live, here every gym is closed on SUNDAY. So it's hard to maintain your on and off days sometimes... Did you see a doctor for that pain?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Today was leg day but ive had a tightness in my hamstring and my tibialus anterior muscles so i was abit limited on what i could do but i still went down and threw some weights around. Ive had the tightness in those muscles since my first run on monday so ihavent been able to do cardio since. Hopefully they willbe better by tomorrowbecause i have three days straight of cardio coming up.
Thursdays workout
Squats
290x 8
265 x 8
245 x 8 dropset 225 x 6 dropset 130 x 12 these sets were all quite easy so ill probably start off next week at 310 fo my first set and then pyramid down

Flat Leg Press
640 x 10 x 10 x 10 these were probably a bit light but i have been nursing my legs thus far because some of the movements hurt my wound on my lower back. Will go back to heavy next week.

Leg Extension
Plate 8/10 x 10 x 10 x 10

Seated Calve Raise
175 x 18 x 15 x 15

Standing calve Raise
200 x 10 x 10 x 10

My workout was cut short because my training partner / girlfriend packed a mega **** over a joke i made lol women!
My diet was a bit off today because i had to travel 125 miles to the city and spend the day there so i had to rely on fast food. Most of it actually wasnt that bad as theres a couple healthy snack places in a shopping centre. Macro nutrient ratio of 52% protein 29% carbs and 19% fats for a total of 2241 cals
Sometimes we have no choice else than fast foods... But I don't directly go to fast foods.... I 1st prefer to get milk and some healthy food like bar-b-qued chicken or something which is way better choice than FAST FOOD...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I feel you on the gym being closed man... Where I live, here every gym is closed on SUNDAY. So it's hard to maintain your on and off days sometimes... Did you see a doctor for that pain?
yeah and although it cant be helped it still feels like im cheating myself short of results! na pain is just ,muscle soreness because ihavent really done much cadio in the last few years lol so i probably should hav taken it easy on the whole cardio thing in the first week or so!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Sometimes we have no choice else than fast foods... But I don't directly go to fast foods.... I 1st prefer to get milk and some healthy food like bar-b-qued chicken or something which is way better choice than FAST FOOD...
yeah i dont really have fast food ever, my idea of fast food is a roast meal from the carvery lol

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 6
Today was going to be a low intensity cardio day but after the 14 hour shift i decided to make it an off day. Tomorrow was supposed to be my off day, but i swapped shifts so i can have tomorrow off work so il train weights and cardio tomorrow and the next day instead of doing m big compound day which was supposed to be monday. Over the next two days ill do a two day split befoe going back to my five day split starting wednesday. Diet today was too high in calories (2400) again because it wasnt supposed to be an off day but all in all it wasa good day with a macro ratio of 55% protein 32% fats and 13% carbs. the only direct carb source today was the one sugar in my first cup of coffee lol. 330g pro 92g fat 59g carbs

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
Day 5
I know you can do HIIT anywhere on anything but when i do it I prefer to do mine with sprints on a field or outdoors anywhere. When you're doing HIIT in the gym what do you usually do? The gym closed on weekends doesn't pose that big of a problem.. Since the gym is closed on the weekends you could use saturday as a cardio outdoors day and sunday as a day off...

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
yeah and although it cant be helped it still feels like im cheating myself short of results! na pain is just ,muscle soreness because ihavent really done much cadio in the last few years lol so i probably should hav taken it easy on the whole cardio thing in the first week or so!
yeah i dont really have fast food ever, my idea of fast food is a roast meal from the carvery lol
Roast is good....

Day 6
Today was going to be a low intensity cardio day but after the 14 hour shift i decided to make it an off day. Tomorrow was supposed to be my off day, but i swapped shifts so i can have tomorrow off work so il train weights and cardio tomorrow and the next day instead of doing m big compound day which was supposed to be monday. Over the next two days ill do a two day split befoe going back to my five day split starting wednesday. Diet today was too high in calories (2400) again because it wasnt supposed to be an off day but all in all it wasa good day with a macro ratio of 55% protein 32% fats and 13% carbs. the only direct carb source today was the one sugar in my first cup of coffee lol. 330g pro 92g fat 59g carbs
I see you have it all figured out lol

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I know you can do HIIT anywhere on anything but when i do it I prefer to do mine with sprints on a field or outdoors anywhere. When you're doing HIIT in the gym what do you usually do? The gym closed on weekends doesn't pose that big of a problem.. Since the gym is closed on the weekends you could use saturday as a cardio outdoors day and sunday as a day off...
Yeah thats true but when i work day shift over the weekend by the time i get home its dark and the lights at the local field are off so theyre usually off days. its only once a month so its not too bad. I usually hit the treadmill or the elliptical. 30 on 30 off

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 7
Today was back and shoulders.
workout was actually quite good i was sweating my ass of by the time i finished weights!

Deadlifts
130 x 10
225 x 10
355 x 7 x 6
310 x 8

Chins
BW x 8 x 8 x 8 i did two negatives at the end of each set.

Seated row Plate 10 x 10 x 10 x10 i reduced my rest periods on these to 30 secs to keep my heartrate up.

Dumbell shoulder press
65s x 8 x8 x 8

Side lateral raise
30s x 8
25s x 10 x 10

Dumbell shrugs
110s x 8 x 8 x 8 dropset 100s x 8 dropset 90s x 8

there was so sign of the weakness in my shoulder i experienced on day three which i find strange but im not going to complain bout it lol
I finished up with 30 minutes of jogging at 5mph. i had no trouble with any tightness in my calve and no muscle pain in my tibia at this speed so thats focking awesome. ill keep the cardio at this for a week to ensure those issues are sorted. Diet was on point today 2212 calories, 292 pro 72 fat 93 carbs but 24 of those were fibrous. Macro ratio of 53% pro 30% fats 17% carbs. Will weigh myself tomorrow and see how my week has gone.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
day seven
weight 189.5 down 4.5 pounds in seven days. thats a good start. i mustve been holding onto a lot of water. id like to think 2 pounds of that was fat loss tho.
todays workout
today was chest tris and bis

flat dumbell press
90s x 9 x 8 x 8 dropset 65s x 6

Incline Dumbell press
70s x 8
65s x 8
60s x 12

Close grip smith bench
155 x 6
130 x 7
120 x 10

Dips
BW x 11 x 8 x 8

Straight bar pushdowns
120 x 12 x 8 x 8 i only had 25 - 30 seconds between each set of these tring to fatigue the muscle faster

EZ bar curls
75 x 12 x 8
65 x 8

Hammer curls
35s x 6
30s x 8
25s x12

Cable preacher curls
70 x 12 x 10 x 8 reduced rest periods used here no more than 30 secs rest max

Diet has been ok today thus far with 1895 calories. im on night shift tonight so ill updat again in the morning with my total overall calories for the 24 hour period that ill be awake. so far my macro ratio is 40% protein 30% carbs and 30% fats. this increase in carbs is due to the protein i have to use. i ran ut of my usual one so i have had to resort back to my bulking protein until my new tub arrives. it has 46g of carbs per serving so ill be using it sparingly. unfortunately i rely on protein powders on night shift for two of my meals. i think i should be fine tho as long as i dont have any carbs with my other meals.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
My total calories for my First night shift was 3236. It might seem like a lot but I was awake for over 24 hours. My macro ratio over this extended period of being awake was 46% protein 34% fats and 20% carbs.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
My total calories for my First night shift was 3236. It might seem like a lot but I was awake for over 24 hours. My macro ratio over this extended period of being awake was 46% protein 34% fats and 20% carbs.
Just keep it going bro... U'll get there...

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Congrats for getting back into the swing of things! That's awesome buddy

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
ok so may calories for my second night were low but thats because work was very quiet so i managed to sneak in 5 hours sleep on company time! 1668 calories with 231 g protein 85g carbs and 47 g fats. Start my workout cycle over today as i now have five days off!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day ten
today was shoulder day supersetted with abs.
Dumbell shoulder press
65s x 12 x 10 x 9

Front raise
45 plate x 12 x 12 x 12 might have to move to a barbell or dumbells here as this is a bit to light.
weighted crunches
150 x 10 x 10 x 10 i didnt want to go too heavy on any ab work since i havent done much re abs lately due to my wound on my lower back.

Side lateral raises
30s x 8
25s x 12 x 10
Hanging leg raises
BW x 12 x 12 x 12

Peck deck rear delt flyes
70 x 11 x 9
60 x 12
Weighted crunches
150 x 10 x 10 x 10

Dumbell shrugs
110 x 10 x 10 x 8

diet was on point with 2231 calories. 299g protein 134 g carbs 57g fat. macro nutrient ratio of 53% protein 23% fats and 24% carbs. I really dont know how carbsgot so high i only had one cupf rice preworkout and a protein shake pwo as my diret carb sources. the rest was chicken and broccoli. tomorrow is legs.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Oh I also did 30 mins cardio at 5mph after lifting.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Oh I also did 30 mins cardio at 5mph after lifting.
That's good...

But I personally think that doing cardio away from your weight training gives better results...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
That's good...

But I personally think that doing cardio away from your weight training gives better results...
Yeah i usually do it on different days and on those days have zero carbs but i have been doing 20 - 30 mins post lifting as muscle glycogen is low at ths point so hopefully it will hlp me get lean. If i start noticing srength loss i will cut this cardio out and just focus on lifting day and cardio days.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 11
Leg day. I was going to superset legs wit some ab work but f*uck me my abs are sore!

Barbell Squats i was focusing on form toda and time under tension for squats.
310 x 8
290 x 9
265 x 10 dropset 225 x 8

Walking Barbell Lunges
110 x 12 x 12 x 6 this got heavy real quick and i almost fell over LOL!

Leg Extension (Calgym)
plate 9/10 x 10 x9
plate 8/10 x 11

Stiff legged deadlifts
135 x 10 x 10 x 10

Standing Calve Raise
200 12 x10 x 9

Seated Calve Raise
175 x 18 x 16 x 14

To be quite honest i was completely gassed after lunges. Every set had reduced rest periods no more than 30 secs.
I thnk the oxy elite pro is definitely working. Ever since i started takin it pre workout i seem to sweat so much. My shirt was compltely saturated after squats.
Diet was on point with 2139 calories 300g protein 61g fats 105g carbs but 35 of those were fibrous. my macro ratio was 56% protein 25% fats and 19% carbs

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 12
Chest and Triceps
Todays workout was Sh1t!! im not sure if its related to my weakness in my left shoulder a week ago but F me it was sore! on my first warmup set, just above my collarbone i ad a dull ache. i dint think much of it until i went heavy on bench my first set on 225, it just stung! i think it might be a referred pain because there was no sign of it on shoulder day. i think i might take a week off any chest exercises because ive had issues the last two weeks with my left shoulder.

Bench press
225 x 2 Fail! decided to go on to dumbells instead as they are easier on my shoulders.

Flat dumbell press
90s x 8x 6
85s x 8 The pain was still there but nowhere near as bad buti still couldnt push it.

Barbell incline bench press
155 x 10 x 10 x 10 there was no pain in this movement but i decided to keep it light
Dips BW x 12 x 12x 12 i could feel the soreness here on BW so decided not to add any weight

Smith machine bench press
135 x 8 x 8 x 8 Kept these light and really focused on the movement
smith close grip bench press
90 x 10 x 10 x 10 same again here just kept it light and did them slow

Cable Flyes
60 per side x 12 x 12 x 12
Vbar pushdowns 140 x 12 x 12 x 12

All in all i did end up with a sweat but i thik that was just the oxy elite pro. i finished up with 15 minutes HIIT on the spin bike. id had enough by this point i was not happy and i had the sh1ts bigtime. Hopefully back and biceps will be better tomorrow. i wont beable to deadlift as my quads are really sore! it hurts to walk. lol. i havent finished my food log yet so ill update that later!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Ok so diet was on point today 2300 calories 315g protein 77g fat 102g carbs but 30 of which were fibrous. Macro nutrient ratio of 54% protein 29% fats and 17% carbs. I am going to have a carb up tomorrow. I think spagetti bog is on the cards. I have been low in carbs since my cut began last Monday so I think it's about time I carbd up! Xy

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
image-235664193.png

Here is where I'm at at the moment. It's disgusting IMO so I cant wait to lean up so i can jump on cycle and bulk up again.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
If I was at this stage I would prolly bulk up with clean foods and do cardio....

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
If I was at this stage I would prolly bulk up with clean foods and do cardio....
Yeah i was thinking about it but id really like to get down to about 12% before i start to bulk. If i get down to that level then i wont be as concerned with putting on a little fat whle bulking up. Hopefully about 3 - 4 weeks and ill start a clean bulk for abit before i jump on cycle.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 13
Back and biceps supersetted
Wide Grip Chins
BW x 10 x 9 x 8

Bent Over Rows
175 x 8
155 x 10 x 10
Hammer Curls
35s x 8
30s x 10 x 10

T Bar Rows
175 + bar x 11 x 9 x 8
Barbell Curls
65 x 10
55 x 10 x 8

Lat Pulldowns
100 per side x 6
90 x8
80 x 8
Concentration Curls
25 x 10 x 10
20 x 10

Straight Arm Pulldowns
150 x 8 x 8 x 7
Cable Preacher Curls
70 x 10 x 6
60 x 8

Todays workout was good actually i really felt the T Bar Rows and the Bent Over Rows my back was spent by the time i was don with them. I couldnt deadlift today due to my quads and abs sill being quite sore so ill deadlift on wednesday next week when i do my full body day.
Todays diet was a planned carb up day and i kinda blew out calorie wise but thats ok ill only do this about every two weeks. I have a coupe of mini carb ups during those two weeks where ill take in about 150g carbs. Todays calories were 3183. 281g Protein 277g carbs 96g fats. my macro ratio was 36% Protein 36% carbs 28% fats.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i was thinking about it but id really like to get down to about 12% before i start to bulk. If i get down to that level then i wont be as concerned with putting on a little fat whle bulking up. Hopefully about 3 - 4 weeks and ill start a clean bulk for abit before i jump on cycle.
at what bf% are you at now....
And which calculator do you use to measure it, if it's online give me the link also...

U know I have been bulking since past 6 months I guess. I have not been bulking clean cause it's real difficult and costly here so I also gained fat on me.... I got upto 80kg from 72kg and Now it's been about 10 days I am trying to eat as clean as possible and I have also started cycling about 5 days ago and It's going good.... I also think I need to get my bf% down but I won't go for a cut I would suggest to cut bf while I add on muscle.... But I hope you get down to 12% ASAP and start your bulk just like the way you think you should.... Cherrs man!

DOn'T Forget ThIS:
And which calculator do you use to measure it, if it's online give me the link also...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards

U know I have been bulking since past 6 months I guess. I have not been bulking clean cause it's real difficult and costly here so I also gained fat on me.... I got upto 80kg from 72kg and Now it's been about 10 days I am trying to eat as clean as possible and I have also started cycling about 5 days ago and It's going good.... I also think I need to get my bf% down but I won't go for a cut I would suggest to cut bf while I add on muscle.... But I hope you get down to 12% ASAP and start your bulk just like the way you think you should.... Cherrs man!

DOn'T Forget ThIS:
Well congrats on making some gains im sure some of those 8kgs is muscle! I know you can get online BF calculaters but theyre not really that accurate. The best way to get an accurate meaurement is to do a bioscan or body analysis scan. Most people on here just use calipers which give you a rough idea of where your sitting. I had a Bioscan done abot a year ago when i got outta hospital so in comparison to whre im at now id hazard a guess of about 17% - 20% which im not happy with. When i think ive lost enough ill go get another bioscan done so ill have an accurate %. Yeah bro im hearin you about the price of a clean bulk its not cheap to eat clean. The price of our weekly shopping bill is nothing short of ridiculous! Are you carb cycling or cycling something else...;)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 14
Today was supposed to be an off day but i decided to go down and do some shoulders and triceps.
I was going to record my weight today but im sure the scales are Focked! apparently ive put on 4lbs (2kg). But ive goe down two notches in my weight belt. Maybe it because i carbed up last night. I will go up o the OTs tomorrow and double check.
Todays workout
Dumbell shoulder press
65s x 11 x 6 x 8
Dips BW x 12 that pain came back so i only did the one set and moved to the dips machine.
Dips machine 200 x 12 x 12 thats the whole rack.

Dumbell front raise
30 x 12 x 12 x 11
Dumbell Overhead Extension
80 x 12 x 12 x 11 couldnt quite lock out that lat rep!!

Side Lateral raises
25 x 12 x 12 x 12
Rope Pushdowns
100 x 10
90 x 10
80 x 10

Reverse Cable Flyes
40 x 6
30 x 10 x 10
Single arm Pushdowns
50 x 12 x 10 x 8

Dumbell shurgs
110 x 12 x 11 x 9

Todays orkut was great i really felt it and i was drenched in sweat. i didnt et a chance to do cardio as the gym closed on me! Hate the gym hours on weekends! no weights now until wednsday when i do my big compound lift day. Two days of cardio / burn days as im on day shift the next two days. Calories today were at 2378. I did accidentally have two chicken ad avocado sushi rolls today lol! 267g Protein 148g carbs 74g fats wth a ratio of 46% protein 29% fats and 25% carbs. no more direct carbs untill mid / late next week.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Well congrats on making some gains im sure some of those 8kgs is muscle! I know you can get online BF calculaters but theyre not really that accurate. The best way to get an accurate meaurement is to do a bioscan or body analysis scan. Most people on here just use calipers which give you a rough idea of where your sitting. I had a Bioscan done abot a year ago when i got outta hospital so in comparison to whre im at now id hazard a guess of about 17% - 20% which im not happy with. When i think ive lost enough ill go get another bioscan done so ill have an accurate %. Yeah bro im hearin you about the price of a clean bulk its not cheap to eat clean. The price of our weekly shopping bill is nothing short of ridiculous! Are you carb cycling or cycling something else...;)
That 8kg is not all muscle... but I goy my chest from 42inches to 43.5 my quads from 22.5 (or23) to 24inches my arms to 15inches again (My arms are relatively smaller, they should be bigger compaired to my other bodyparts)
Here I can't find calipers anywhere lol. To be honest I don't even know what is carbs cycling lol :p can you explain what in your mind do you think is carbs cycling? :p then I will explain what I think of that....

Hope to see a reply soon.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Day 14
Today was supposed to be an off day but i decided to go down and do some shoulders and triceps.
I was going to record my weight today but im sure the scales are Focked! apparently ive put on 4lbs (2kg). But ive goe down two notches in my weight belt. Maybe it because i carbed up last night. I will go up o the OTs tomorrow and double check.
Todays workout
Dumbell shoulder press
65s x 11 x 6 x 8
Dips BW x 12 that pain came back so i only did the one set and moved to the dips machine.
Dips machine 200 x 12 x 12 thats the whole rack.

Dumbell front raise
30 x 12 x 12 x 11
Dumbell Overhead Extension
80 x 12 x 12 x 11 couldnt quite lock out that lat rep!!

Side Lateral raises
25 x 12 x 12 x 12
Rope Pushdowns
100 x 10
90 x 10
80 x 10

Reverse Cable Flyes
40 x 6
30 x 10 x 10
Single arm Pushdowns
50 x 12 x 10 x 8

Dumbell shurgs
110 x 12 x 11 x 9

Todays orkut was great i really felt it and i was drenched in sweat. i didnt et a chance to do cardio as the gym closed on me! Hate the gym hours on weekends! no weights now until wednsday when i do my big compound lift day. Two days of cardio / burn days as im on day shift the next two days. Calories today were at 2378. I did accidentally have two chicken ad avocado sushi rolls today lol! 267g Protein 148g carbs 74g fats wth a ratio of 46% protein 29% fats and 25% carbs. no more direct carbs untill mid / late next week.
It feels good to go to the gym and train somewhat when you don't even want to go.... Nice work man...

Hey control those accidents lol

I almost forgot to mention that since I started cycling and cleaning my diet I got to 79-78kg from 80kg, that's the fat I lost :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
That 8kg is not all muscle... but I goy my chest from 42inches to 43.5 my quads from 22.5 (or23) to 24inches my arms to 15inches again (My arms are relatively smaller, they should be bigger compaired to my other bodyparts)
Here I can't find calipers anywhere lol. To be honest I don't even know what is carbs cycling lol :p can you explain what in your mind do you think is carbs cycling? :p then I will explain what I think of that....

Hope to see a reply soon.
Well bro usually when in all out bulk mode fat is inevitably put on the main point is that your putting on muscle underneath. Carb cycling is basically having low, medium or high carb days depending on what your exercising. For example on a cardio day when your stripping fat you have low carb day, but if your doing a heavy leg day you have a higher carb day. Do you get what I mean?? You still have to keep in mind of your BMR on these days tho and run at a deficit.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
It feels good to go to the gym and train somewhat when you don't even want to go.... Nice work man...

Hey control those accidents lol

I almost forgot to mention that since I started cycling and cleaning my diet I got to 79-78kg from 80kg, that's the fat I lost :)
That's a good start bro. Lol those accidents aren't too bad as long as they're in moderation. I'm usually pretty good with my diet I can eat the same foods day in day out and not get sick of it.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 15
Had a massive day at work. Were having some pretty big weather events at the moment. Was awake for 18 hours but I did manage to sneak in 35 mins cardio at 7mph . Diet was on point. A little over on calories due to me being awake for longer than usual and having an extra meal. Calories 2669 347g protein 104g fats 90g carbs but 30 of those were fibrous. Macro ratio of 51% protein 34% fats 14% carbs

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 16.
Had another long ass day at work. Left at 0430 and got back in the door at 2030. Hope this weather dies down soon. Had to skip the gym today as I just didn't have the time, motivation or energy. My diet also blew out as the local supermarket was out of meat, bread and milk... There's a river across the road so there won't be any food deliveries. I have plenty in the freezer so just going to make sure I'm organized. Which I wasn't tonight so I had a plate of Chinese food for dinner. I'll have to make up for that tomorrow by doing cardio after my compound session at the gym. My calories for the day EXCLUDING my chinese food was only 1800. 257g protein 54g fats and 64g carbs 20 of which were fibrous. Macro ratio of 58% protein 27% fats 15% carbs. Plus Chinese food :sigh:

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Well bro usually when in all out bulk mode fat is inevitably put on the main point is that your putting on muscle underneath. Carb cycling is basically having low, medium or high carb days depending on what your exercising. For example on a cardio day when your stripping fat you have low carb day, but if your doing a heavy leg day you have a higher carb day. Do you get what I mean?? You still have to keep in mind of your BMR on these days tho and run at a deficit.
Same is what I had in mind about carbs cycling... But No I am not carb cycling... I don't count my carbs... and I just eat whatever I get (not dirty thou) but sometimes I am NOT able to get proteins and HAVE to depend upon carbs.... And before a LEG DAY I eat all I can...

LOL yeah lil lil cheat meals sometimes a week are good, and keep motivated...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Same is what I had in mind about carbs cycling... But No I am not carb cycling... I don't count my carbs... and I just eat whatever I get (not dirty thou) but sometimes I am NOT able to get proteins and HAVE to depend upon carbs.... And before a LEG DAY I eat all I can...

LOL yeah lil lil cheat meals sometimes a week are good, and keep motivated...
Well when your trying to put on weight carbs are good. It's when your trying to lose BF that you have to focus more on protein intake and counting calories IMO.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Day 17
Today was my big compound day. Strength was a bit down today. I think it's because I'm a bit worn out from the last few days at work coupled with three bad nights sleep in a row.
Squats
135 x 10
310 x 7
290 x 8
265 x 10

Deadlift
355 x 5
310 x 7
265 x 10

Chins
BW x 10 x 9 x 8. I added chins in here due to the fact that Im giving my chest a break and couldn't do bench.

Dumbbell shoulder press
65s x 10 x 10 x 10

Shrugs
110 x 10 x 10 x 10

All in all tho I'm quite happy with how things went today. Even being quite run down and tired today I still managed to pull the numbers I started my cut with, so I'm pretty sure that I haven't lost any muscle mass. I weighed in today at 187 so that's 7 lbs in 2 and a half weeks. I'm on my first night tonight so my calories will be around the 3000 3200 mark for the 24 hour period I'll be awake. I haven't finished my food diary yet but from what I've entered thus far the ratios all look in check.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Total calories for day 17 was 3124. About right for a 24 hour period of being awake. 354g protein 156g carbs but 54g of those were fibrous and 115g fats. Macro ratio is 46% protein 34% fats 20% carbs.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Total calories for day 17 was 3124. About right for a 24 hour period of being awake. 354g protein 156g carbs but 54g of those were fibrous and 115g fats. Macro ratio is 46% protein 34% fats 20% carbs.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Just saw your last post and " About right for a 24 hour period of being awake" this reminds me! I have eatten ALLLOOTTT Today man! I am damn bloated!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rascal14 Workout Logs 539
BMW4Life Workout Logs 5
MFTrainz Weight Loss 52
Cycle Logs 26
Anabolics 167