getting beach body ready diet program. need a look over

K

kung fu panda

Awards
height:5'11"
wieght:205
body fat: not sure if accurate but about 18%

so i do jiu jitsu, wrestling, mauy thia, judo and this up coming summer i realy want to get my first mma fight but i feel my body fat is to much as i have a slight over hang. so i was putting together a few things to start on my way to a lower bf.

first inwas thinking ofnusing savage as my pre-workout, i have ten poinds of whey isolete protien from protien factory but i also need a post workout. i was also going to incorporate ammino acids and argine. then to finish it off thorw in some anavar. i usually train twice daily at minimum. one gym sesh. one mma sesh. diet already healthy, just going tomdialmit in and adjust to fit my days

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
you know anavar is a steroid, right?

you just kinda threw that in there

R

Rethink

Awards
If you want to lose fat, Leangains is very popular right now and I can speak from experience when I say its the easiest weight loss program I have tried. My best results were obtained by following a few simple rules:

-Only eat between the hours of 12 PM - 6 PM (18 hrs fast)
-Only eat meat, vegetables, fruit and eggs
-Don't eat bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, nuts, dairy
-Restrict calories to BMR (basal metabolic rate)

Pretty simple and it works very effectively. Despite calories being relatively low I never experienced significant hunger as I would following a conventional diet. The restricted food list may be objectional at first but its relatively simple to structure a sound diet with just meat, vegetables, fruit and eggs. The bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and sugar are restricted because they are very high in carbs while nuts are restricted because they are too calorie dense (higher calorie density than chocolate!) while dairy is restricted because its either high in carbs (milk, yoghurt) or too calorie dense (cheese).

Keeping calories at BMR is important because if you eat more than you burn even if you fast for 18 hrs you will still gain weight! I personally found this was the best balance between calorie deficit and hunger.

Jameson653

Jameson653

Awards
I realize that several meals a day does NOT affect body composition like many of us were led to believe, but there is something to be said about it. I have used it for years now and have had great success with it. Knowing what I was eating was important as well so even if I am not counting my cals during that time, I atleast have a general idea of what I am eating as far as energy intake. Smaller meals also teaches smaller portion sizes which is an invaluable lesson in an age where the chicken fried steak is bigger than the plate (I live in TX) lol. So although it is total intake versus total expenditure, commitment to healthier food choices, smaller more frequent portions, and scheduled eating times and workout times has been very effective and easy to maintain for me.