Motivated

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
I was just wondering and going to see what some of you say, of course im on a Low Carb High protein diet, I started off good didnt want to eat nothing else just what my plan said then I feel into a slump where my wife would cook some of the good food I used to eat and I would tell myself O this wont hurt and so I started to do the diet but eat some meals in it and then started to gain some weight back, but now I have turned it back around and Im lossing again. but if this has happened to you what did you do to motivate yourself to not eat those foods when you are suppose to be on the diet? was it a wall paper, a quote, pictures, etc... just curious to see what you guys say

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
good post.

for me its walking around campus with hundreds of sexies.

that wont help you much, being married,but, you asked

rynie27

Awards
I'm married as well and it's pretty easy to fall into the "oh this I've cream won't hurt me" and the I feel like crap. I like to look at pictures at simply shredded .com. I'm cutting right now and there's a ton of motivation there.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering and going to see what some of you say, of course im on a Low Carb High protein diet, I started off good didnt want to eat nothing else just what my plan said then I feel into a slump where my wife would cook some of the good food I used to eat and I would tell myself O this wont hurt and so I started to do the diet but eat some meals in it and then started to gain some weight back, but now I have turned it back around and Im lossing again. but if this has happened to you what did you do to motivate yourself to not eat those foods when you are suppose to be on the diet? was it a wall paper, a quote, pictures, etc... just curious to see what you guys say
I reach for something significant that I have accomplished. One of those "If I can do that, I can do anything" type of accomplishments. For me it was quitting smoking in 01/2008. Since then I have never looked back. When I set a goal or a rule for myself and I think of breaking it, I always look to that accomplishment for motivation.

One thing I can recommend is to not keep your goal in your face all day long. You'll worry yourself to death by being reminded of it all the time. As many people have said before, it's a marathon, not a sprint. I have no idea of your situation, but that applies to just about everyone in regards to their fitness goals. Good luck!

staple

Awards
it's best she just lay off cooking that good stuff early on.

if you wanted to then just schedule a weekly cheat meal or cheat day. save the good old stuff for a predetermined time.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
Thanks guys for all your replys those should help thanks again

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
this has been a problem for me as well, my mom will make a awesome dinner and it will be waiting for me when i get home from work at 11:30 at night and I wanna eat it so bad but it will totally ruin my diet. So instead I just drink a protein shake anytime I feel the urge to indulge myself in the feast

Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Awards
Like many of you have noted, those of us with significant others cant eat clean dinner every night, as some people *ahem* seem to get offended when they make dinner, and then you come home and say you don't want to eat their high carb high GI poison, and you'll just grab some broccoli instead. What I do is eat a meal at the end of the day at work. ie before heading for home, i'll eat another tupperware of chicken and mixed veggies. When I get home, I can have dinner with my girlfriend, but I eat a much smaller portion since I am already partially full. keeping the lifting lifestyle and home life in balance can be a tricky feat!

As for dessert, a mirror works best for me. somehow taking off my shirt and standing in front of a mirror robs me of all desire to eat garbage...