Night Time Protein

  1. Night Time Protein


    What kind of night time protein do you use? What different kinds of powders or formulas or even real food?


  2. Casien,and egg albumin for nightime..plus a 3:00am whey shake if your a freak like alot of us..

  3. Just what madman stated, personally I like fat free cottage cheese and maybe a glass of skim milk.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Just what madman stated, personally I like fat free cottage cheese and maybe a glass of skim milk.

    Ooooh cottage chese and chive good call Jiminis

  5. Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Casien,and egg albumin for nightime..plus a 3:00am whey shake if your a freak like alot of us..
    I have been using the micellar casien, supposed to be VERY slow release, but its a bit pricey. I was thinking of sometype of blend of Aussie casien (calcium casienate - i think) and micellar to cut down on the cost a bit.

    As for the freak thing...ABSOLUTELY

    I tried the middle of the night whey thing for awhile, it got really old...really quick!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Just what madman stated, personally I like fat free cottage cheese and maybe a glass of skim milk.
    That is a good change up.

  7. I use about 3-4 scoops of ON 100% whey in low carb milk, if I can afford it, then I add a half scoop of psillium husks and a tablespoon of ground flax seeds to slow the absorption rate a tad. Seems to work for me but there is likely a catabolic window during the night. I use this mix for bulking and after really heavy leg days.

    Otherwise I use cottage cheese.

  8. What kind of protein do I use at night? Tuna. Other times of the day? Tuna. 4AM meal? You guessed it.

  9. I've always wondered whether it really makes a difference eating a "slow protein" right before bed. I mean your body stores aminos anyways..... I'm not bashing or anything, just musing.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I've always wondered whether it really makes a difference eating a "slow protein" right before bed. I mean your body stores aminos anyways..... I'm not bashing or anything, just musing.
    Yeah it definately does. Your body can only use so many aminos at one time, and the rest are converted to glucose, which can then be stored as fat. This is why whey is normally only used for postworkout b/c your body is in a different state pwo in which it can utilize more aminos. But still i would never go over 20-30 grams of whey protein at one time. Whey is passed through the stomach and into the intestines so quickly that it can't all be utilized.

    As for night time protein can't beat a mpi/whey/egg mix.

  11. protein shake w/ udo's oil or tbsp natty PB

  12. i usually use whey, eggs, and a spoonfull of peanutt butter mixed in skim milk.

  13. I like MET-Rx's Protein Plus powder. It's 45 grams of protein from a combination of fast and slow acting proteins (whey, egg, milk, and casein) with only 3 carbs and no fat. It's perfect for bedtime to keep that steady release of aminos in your system while you're crashed out. I usually ad some flax powder for the added fat and fiber.

  14. Every night? or just workout nights?

  15. probably not recommended but i usually cook up a frozen pizza before bedtime...great for bulking...lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by weeenisss
    probably not recommended but i usually cook up a frozen pizza before bedtime...great for bulking...lol
    although when i am trying to eat clean, id say tuna, i tried casein, but it just doesnt mix well.

  17. I make a blend of 60% caseinate, 20%whey, 20% egg protein. I take around 40g right before bed.

  18. 3 chicken breasts and if I wake up later whey protein in low carb milk. Started this recently and I have to watch calorie intake (fat boy genetics). I have made nice gains and I am still losing bodyfat.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    Every night? or just workout nights?
    Definitely every night. You have to remember that your body eats whether or not you feed it. So, if there's no extra aminos floating around, it breaks down muscle tissue to get the aminos it needs....think about that the next time you think about skipping a meal....

  20. any opinions on if the Aussie casein is just as good as micellar casein or is it slightly worse or much worse because its SO much cheaper i would love to use it instead

  21. Quote Originally Posted by weeenisss
    although when i am trying to eat clean, id say tuna, i tried casein, but it just doesnt mix well.
    Blender

  22. Quote Originally Posted by BigBody
    MaDmaN, Longdog,& Neuromancer
    Where do yall get your casien from? I'm guessing from an online custom protein shop like allthewhey, but they don't sell any.
    ProteinFactory.com you can also have them make you a custom blend of sorts, I usually just buy them individually and mix them per serving. I've heard trueprotein is good as well though I have never ordered from them.

    BTW...nice avatar!!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by weeenisss
    although when i am trying to eat clean, id say tuna, i tried casein, but it just doesnt mix well.
    yeah the casein isn't real soluable, but I just use milk, shake it, and choke down the chunks...

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jones
    Definitely every night. You have to remember that your body eats whether or not you feed it. So, if there's no extra aminos floating around, it breaks down muscle tissue to get the aminos it needs....think about that the next time you think about skipping a meal....
    I definintely think about that quite often. I usually eat a lean meal about an hour before bed. Then immediately before bed I drink a whey and casein shake, just wanted to check...

  25. You guys should check out MPI=milk protein isolate. I believe it's 80% casein, and 20% whey. It's much less expensive than casein and is a great night time protein.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by BigBody
    Gracias for the info, there really isn't anything worth buying that isn't custom protein when it comes to casien, everything is wey to damn expensive.
    Thanks for the avatar congrats, everytime I see it i just want to lick her nipples god dammit!

    Oh yea, so just to check my analysis:
    Whey isolate/concentrate ect... for post workout
    Micellar/calcium casien ect..... for night time

    Food digest in about 3 hours correct? and whey is fully absorbed in as little as 20min and I believe casien can take up to 7 hours to fully digest, correct me if I'm wrong so...........
    What kind of protein powder would be best to use instead of food?

    I hope I'm not jacking the thread if so I will make a new one.
    I am not positive on the exact digestion times but I belive you are close.

    The best powder in place of a food would be a MRP, or your own blend of fast and slow digesting proteins and maybe some carbs as well. But you really shouldn't replace real food with powder unless it is an emergency.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    You guys should check out MPI=milk protein isolate. I believe it's 80% casein, and 20% whey. It's much less expensive than casein and is a great night time protein.
    Truthfully I didn't even think of that, I will check into that.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Neuromancer
    Truthfully I didn't even think of that, I will check into that.
    allthewhey.com is going to be carrying MPI pretty soon.

  29. I cringe every time I hear someone talking about casien Awful tasting awful mixing goddawful expensive ****. My local market regularly has top round, london broil and other lean cuts of meat on sale for like $1.80 or so a pound... Eat a pound of steak before bed if you want long lasting protein

    Oh wait, I forgot... everyone on this board is perpetually cutting

  30. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo

    Oh wait, I forgot... everyone on this board is perpetually cutting
    It's still warm out, give it another 2 months and your going to see the bf%'s rise. LOL

  31. Heh, leave it to bodybuilders to walk around in a tank top with a tan in october... In Wisconsin... LOL

  32. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    I cringe every time I hear someone talking about casien Awful tasting awful mixing goddawful expensive ****. My local market regularly has top round, london broil and other lean cuts of meat on sale for like $1.80 or so a pound... Eat a pound of steak before bed if you want long lasting protein

    Oh wait, I forgot... everyone on this board is perpetually cutting
    Actually a month of the MET-Rx protein plus powder I use is only about $30.00 and has 45 grams of a protein blend of Milk Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Sodium Caseinate, Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine, and Egg Albumin--and tastes decent. That's better--and cheaper--than a steak.

  33. skim milk and lean meats (chicken or turkey, although occasionally ham sneaks it's way in there...by accident)

  34. jweave you are the ****ing man!

  35. As much cottage cheese as I can eat, washed down with a small whey/egg/milk/flax seed shake.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Check out my new night time protein
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
  3. NIGHT time protein
    By rhynoflex in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:16 AM
  4. Night time protein WHey and Peanut Butter?
    By 21inchguns in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 10:59 AM
  5. A good night time protein
    By bigjohn58 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Log in
Log in