Maintaining muscle while cutting

  1. Maintaining muscle while cutting


    Any advice? I wanna drop around 10 pounds in late march, I'm sitting at 247 somewhat lean but I want abs for the summer and potential modeling or contests. Any tricks of the trade are appreciated, thanks y'all.


  2. Interested as well this has always been tough for me lol

  3. Google leangains
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by larrybailey
    Google leangains
    ^^^^^^^^ do it, I did and currently loving it! Takes a while to make it your own, but work at it and you will notice that you can make this a lifestyle not just a way of dieting!
    Independent

  5. while leangains is a tried and true method, diet is the ultimate key....

  6. One tricks of the trade my buddies use to do to drop that weight for a show or just pounds in general is the only meal he had of solid food was breakfast. The rest of the day was shakes, oatmeal and fish oil. Most of the fat just came from from the oil itself. And then late night just salads.
    Its tricky but some how he worked it into his diet for weeks like that. I tried it and it work. But of course with something like this we added something too keep our metab up high and loaded up on that protein.

  7. Eh I normally just stick to 1.5 g protein per lb of bw. 1 g carbs per lb of lbm. If your worried about efa's just take 5g of fishoil a day. Consume the majority of your carbs in meal 1-2 split the rest between meals 3-4 and split protein evenly for meals 1-6. Cardio either before last meal,after training, or before breakfast. 10 lbs should be gone in no time at all.

  8. I'm in your situation exactly:

    - 1 month ago I was 192 lbs at 17% bodyfat. Yesterday, 184lbs at 15.9% bodyfat. Sounds great right? Wrong - this means my lean body mass before was159lbs. Now it is 154 lbs. .... I'm losing muscle!!!

    If you find you're losing muscle like me, try slightly cutting back cardio while adding another 100 calories back to your diet... then reevaluate twice a week and adjust again as needed.

  9. I don't think I'm gunna cut, unless I find a show to do. Cause I'm not excessively fat I figure if your pecs stick out farther than your belly your doin just fine hahaha

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er

    ^^^^^^^^ do it, I did and currently loving it! Takes a while to make it your own, but work at it and you will notice that you can make this a lifestyle not just a way of dieting!
    Wow! Dun mind elaborating how u come about with this diet... Sounds good.. Really interested!!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Marcinator View Post
    I'm in your situation exactly:

    - 1 month ago I was 192 lbs at 17% bodyfat. Yesterday, 184lbs at 15.9% bodyfat. Sounds great right? Wrong - this means my lean body mass before was159lbs. Now it is 154 lbs. .... I'm losing muscle!!!

    If you find you're losing muscle like me, try slightly cutting back cardio while adding another 100 calories back to your diet... then reevaluate twice a week and adjust again as needed.
    Yeah it was just a lil miss calculations in your diet or training. But you have to understand while cutting your going to lose body fat and muscle. Unless you load up on the vitamen s to keep your size up and strenght. cause regular your going to lose it, its natures way. lol

  12. Quote Originally Posted by dark child View Post
    Yeah it was just a lil miss calculations in your diet or training. But you have to understand while cutting your going to lose body fat and muscle. Unless you load up on the vitamen s to keep your size up and strenght. cause regular your going to lose it, its natures way. lol
    not if youre on gear.....smilez

  13. Quote Originally Posted by noob2die View Post
    Wow! Dun mind elaborating how u come about with this diet... Sounds good.. Really interested!!
    leangains.com

  14. kinda looking to get rid of some fat too, ive baught me self quite a stack that i will be running in the quest to lose fat but increase strength/size so hopefully this is going to help me

    other then that i will cut out everything that does not contain somekinda high protein in it, my diet is going to be mostly Fish,eggs,meats and veggies + slow fat milk + protein shakes

  15. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    not if youre on gear.....smilez
    same thing we just call it vitamen s

  16. So your telling a 19 year old the only way to cut and maintain muscle is to get on roids? Ok I'll start my 12 week cycle of SuperDrol at 50mg ED tomorrow with cell-tech as my PCT

  17. good luck!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40
    So your telling a 19 year old the only way to cut and maintain muscle is to get on roids? Ok I'll start my 12 week cycle of SuperDrol at 50mg ED tomorrow with cell-tech as my PCT
    Celltech as pct lol. Everyone knows nitrotech is for pct.

    Idk if they still make nitrotech just rmbr Jay in every mag with a tub of it or celltech a few years back. If I could afford both I'm sure I could be that big too

  19. Quote Originally Posted by uknowme62 View Post
    Celltech as pct lol. Everyone knows nitrotech is for pct.

    Idk if they still make nitrotech just rmbr Jay in every mag with a tub of it or celltech a few years back. If I could afford both I'm sure I could be that big too
    Nitrotech or celltech is not a proper compound for a pct. Who ever told yall this is just getting sells off of you. lol are you seriours this is got to be a D@@@ jjoke lol

  20. I guess I should have entered a sarcasm disclaimer, sorry.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by uknowme62 View Post
    I guess I should have entered a sarcasm disclaimer, sorry.
    just her to help bro lol

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Marcinator View Post
    I'm in your situation exactly:

    - 1 month ago I was 192 lbs at 17% bodyfat. Yesterday, 184lbs at 15.9% bodyfat. Sounds great right? Wrong - this means my lean body mass before was159lbs. Now it is 154 lbs. .... I'm losing muscle!!!

    If you find you're losing muscle like me, try slightly cutting back cardio while adding another 100 calories back to your diet... then reevaluate twice a week and adjust again as needed.
    You probably are losing muscle, I doubt that its the full five pounds. Have you been able to account for water weight?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cutting But Maintaining
    By Stringbean in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
  2. maintaining muscle
    By rawfeels in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
  3. Lighter Weights & Maintaining Muscle
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
  5. igf for maintaining muscles while cutting?
    By th0m in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Log in
Log in