Need advice

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
178-180 pounds
Have a 6 pack but it bulges out under my fat. I'm pretty defined (specially if I shave my chest/stomach area.
Breakfast - 3 eggs at 6:00am ( tomorrow I will add some whole wheat toast)
Snack- banana+ balance bar at 8:30-9:00 am
Protein shake at 11:00am
Lunch: brown rice and chicken at around 2
Occasionally another protein shake (blended) with a little oatmeal+banana+peanut butter. Around 4pm
Dinner: brown rice and chicken at around 7 Pm

Any help would be nice trying to lean bulk.
Thanks for any advice.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest counting your macronutrients that you currently get every day based on what you eat now. Make sure you are getting 1 g protein/lb bw and prob around 0.5 g fat/lb bodyweight or more. If you are lean bulking carbohydrates should be used at your discretion bulking and building muscle is all about calorie surplus. Find out your maintenance cals and add a few hundred calories to that number and you should start to build muscle. I would not add too many calories over your maintenance at once add them slowly over a few weeks so you can see how it affects your body comp. Since you only asked about diet thats all Im going to say for now hope it helps.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also you could use a diet app to track your calories. Would make it easier in finding what level you are at.
And everything bigdavid said is right.
Also, you don't have to eat only complex carbs if you can handle the fast ones. I notice close to no change in body comp when I keep calories the same but change from brown to white rice. Same with potatoes. I don't eat anything with wheat in it so I cant comment there but some times getting in the calories sometimes is more important than getting in the complex carbs or the dry chicken.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Do you know your current BF right now? Also do you do any cardio during the week?

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Hiit 3 times a week. Plus bike around 4 times a weak for about 10 min and hiit fr 10 min.