Eating more often?

alewisdvm

Awards
Hello,
A few people have recommended to eat more often as one component to help lose weight.

But, what type of meal constitutes a good enough meal to help keep up the metabolism?
I certainly don't want to simply eat more food just to eat more often.

For example:
If I had 1 whole egg with a few egg whites and some lite shredded cheese in the AM, would a greek yogurt 3 hours later count as a second meal?

Thanks

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is a topic you will see debated to death. You'll see evidence proving one is more beneficial and then evidence showing that the other is more beneficial.

The bottom line is figure out what your daily macronutrient needs and calorie total are for the day. Then, eat them however you want to. I'd obviously advise surrounding a lot of them and a lot of the carbohydrates (and adequate protein) around your workouts, but whether you eat ever 2.5 hours, every 5 hours or follow intermittent fasting with 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating, it won't matter. This obviously excludes if you have some type of medical condition that would complicate the issue. But for a normal, healthy individual, just know your macro needs and calorie needs and eat however you feel most comfortable.