Tricks for losing that last 1% bf?

hawkhamilton

hawkhamilton

Awards
I've made good progress in finally getting from 17% bf to 10% and now 8%. Getting from 10 to 8 took giving up dairy and going mostly caveman in my diet. But spa couple of months later, I seem to be holding to 8% and no 6 pac yet clear. Any tricks fr getting the body to give up these last few percentages (I'm guessing I only have 1% more to go)?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've made good progress in finally getting from 17% bf to 10% and now 8%. Getting from 10 to 8 took giving up dairy and going mostly caveman in my diet. But spa couple of months later, I seem to be holding to 8% and no 6 pac yet clear. Any tricks fr getting the body to give up these last few percentages (I'm guessing I only have 1% more to go)?
I posted in your other same thread. BTW...if you are at 8%, you definitely have a 6 pack! I'm right at 8% in my avi ;)

Nickmort

Nickmort

Awards
Yeah i was about to post the same thing. If u truly are at 8% you will have a very defined six pack by now bro. Try getting another reading by a trainer at your gym for an accurate percentage

hawkhamilton

hawkhamilton

Awards
Yeah i was about to post the same thing. If u truly are at 8% you will have a very defined six pack by now bro. Try getting another reading by a trainer at your gym for an accurate percentage
Will do. I'm close, so it may just take another 1% no matter what my accurate total is. I'll try the intermittent fasting and notch up the cardio to see if that will do it.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I would jump on getting another read as well. 12% a lot of the times seems that at least a 4 pack will be showing for the majority of people. At 8 I have yet to really see anyone who's not sporting the 6pack at a full.

On another note, perhaps you should consider some other approaches? Carb cycling? Calorie Cycling? Have you ever looked into lean gains? Intermittent fasting has truly helped me in shedding some lbs while increasing definition. Approaches of calorie cycling too, have maintenance +20% on workout heavy days and maintenance -20% on rest days. I have seen a lot of improvement following roughly that approach.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would jump on getting another read as well. 12% a lot of the times seems that at least a 4 pack will be showing for the majority of people. At 8 I have yet to really see anyone who's not sporting the 6pack at a full.

On another note, perhaps you should consider some other approaches? Carb cycling? Calorie Cycling? Have you ever looked into lean gains? Intermittent fasting has truly helped me in shedding some lbs while increasing definition. Approaches of calorie cycling too, have maintenance +20% on workout heavy days and maintenance -20% on rest days. I have seen a lot of improvement following roughly that approach.
Exactly! IF has really put my physique on a new level in terms of leanness ;)

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I want to try it but it makes me nervous, if I don't eat through the day I get so hungry its crazy, not to mention I don't want to lose mass, it just makes me nervous. In sure it works though

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to try it but it makes me nervous, if I don't eat through the day I get so hungry its crazy, not to mention I don't want to lose mass, it just makes me nervous. In sure it works though
Your body gets used to the hunger, and after a week or two of doing it you don't even get hungry during the fast anymore.

As for the mass....I have successfully retained and even built muscle on IF while cutting up vs losing muscle in the past on a traditional cut

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your body gets used to the hunger, and after a week or two of doing it you don't even get hungry during the fast anymore.

As for the mass....I have successfully retained and even built muscle on IF while cutting up vs losing muscle in the past on a traditional cut
Bingo.

One thing I've learned is that as long as you get your cal/macro totals in for the day, you won't lose mass in that short of a window. For even more measure, you can take BCAAs periodically in low doses during your fast.

I did it for a couple months and you get used to the hunger after the first few days. It's actually easier than the withdrawal symptoms I got from going stimulant free (headaches that lasted about 10-14 days).

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say; I started this and I thought I would go INSANE.

I always had a "hearty" breakfast and at 7:15 and then ate a mid-morning snack at around 10:30 and was hungry by 12:30... After I started IF I don't even feel hungry anymore until close to noonish, nor do I feel hungry at night.

You really get used to it. NOT TO MENTION, on my particular case, that means I get to sleep for an extra 40 minutes each morning, which, DUH, has helped with my resting, GH levels, test levels and overall sanity.

It's wins all around I tell ya.

Nickmort

Nickmort

Awards
I have to agree here. Lean Gains has been a revelation to me. Ive managed to stay the same weight while dropping bf. Im down to around 10% right now hoping for 9-mid 8 by the end of my Katana cycle. I never get hungry anymore either before my fast breaker at 1. Might take a week or two before your body gets used to it but once it does its cake. Plus it beats eating six meals a day

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
RickyRoss knows about a six pack and I agree if your at 8 you def have it! It's all mental ;-)

anteis99

Awards
Hey guys I'm new to cutting BF, and I'm trying to get tips on the best way possible. I'm at 12% BF 185lbs 6 foot. I have a clean diet taking in 230g protein and around 1900 calories. I'm trying to cut down to 9% or down to 173lbs. I've been stuck here for a while. Any tips on what I can tweak in my diet of workouts?

hawkhamilton

hawkhamilton

Awards
Hey guys I'm new to cutting BF, and I'm trying to get tips on the best way possible. I'm at 12% BF 185lbs 6 foot. I have a clean diet taking in 230g protein and around 1900 calories. I'm trying to cut down to 9% or down to 173lbs. I've been stuck here for a while. Any tips on what I can tweak in my diet of workouts?
I had a hard time breaking past 10% until I took the recommendation here of trying Intermittent Fasting (IF). Now down to 8%. Still don't have the ab definition I'd expect (some here said I would definitely have a six pack if at 8% and assumed an inaccurate measure of bf, but DEXA confirmed I'm just elbow 8%!). Bottom line: IF has made a big difference and has at least gotten me a lot closer.