ketogenic diets.

humanmachine

Awards
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum and i need some advise. i have just sorted a diet plan out on myfitness pal, if you dont know what that is(its a app for the iphone). What i want to know is if this diet is suitable for keto.

my Stats
6ft 1
273 pounds
23% bf

Heres the diet.
meal one
3 whole eggs
2 scoops of premium whey (bodybuilding warehouse)

Meal two
2 large chicken breasts
mixed salad with a ranch dressing
cheddar cheese(full fat)
table spoon of hummus

Meal three
2 large chicken breasts
mixed salad with caesar dressing
cheddar cheese
tablespoon of hummus

pre workout
4 gaspari aminomax tablets

post workout
4 gaspari aminomax tablets
2 scoops of premium whey

meal five
Lean beef mince with onions
cheddar cheese
mixed salad

meal six
casein shake

the macros of this diet are:
calories- 3256
protein - 392
carbs - 42
fat -145

I will be drinking at least 5 litres of water a day.

if someone would be able to write back it would be much appreciated
cheers

OafMister

Awards
That looks fine bro, throw in some leafy greens imo

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
drop your protein by about 100 and add 50g of fat... do this for a few days till your in ketosis then you can up the protein and decrease fat to where you have it now.

Once you create ketones, gluconeogenesis is halted especially from proteins. Look to get in more unsaturated fat as saturated fat can increase GIP and thus insulin.

humanmachine

Awards
Cheers guys I will give that a go bud. I am getting some ketostix tonight to check if I am in ketosis. But hopefully I am once again thanks very much to you both

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Was going to say, not seeing how you're getting 150g of fat from this, unless you're dripping everything in Olive Oil.

I would ditch the chicken and get some red meat with some fat in it. But that's just my take. Don't be afraid of some sausages, more eggs, getting some more olive oil, throwing some Macadamia Oil in your shakes or Almond Milk for the shakes either.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Was going to say, not seeing how you're getting 150g of fat from this, unless you're dripping everything in Olive Oil.

I would ditch the chicken and get some red meat with some fat in it. But that's just my take. Don't be afraid of some sausages, more eggs, getting some more olive oil, throwing some Macadamia Oil in your shakes or Almond Milk for the shakes either.
i agree,

make a turkey chili mix 80/20 ground beef and 93/7 ground turkey comes out to like 87/13% and you add some smoked sausage and your golden. tastes fantastic too.

chili is easy, i posted a reciper for it in the LeanGains and IF discussion forum.

humanmachine

Awards
Cheers for the feedback guys, as I calculated on the app that's what the fat came out at. I will have another think about the diet and right out a new one. Once again cheers guys