Cutting for 1st time

ou man

Awards
Hello, I have NEVER cut before as I always found it hard to gain weight during hs, almost 19 now but at 17 (150pds) I really started getting nutrition down pat. Only whole grains tons of protein.. Pushing 250-300 grams.. Good fats.. I've always had a six pack but recently bf has gone up as i am pushing 200 pounds and only have a four pack.. I was thinking cut carbs and use ephedra? I started playing a variation of racquetball with my friend we made up:) its intense. Would this be effective to save muscle? Bench 275-80 squat over 500. Never done any phs only activate xtreme once

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello, I have NEVER cut before as I always found it hard to gain weight during hs, almost 19 now but at 17 (150pds) I really started getting nutrition down pat. Only whole grains tons of protein.. Pushing 250-300 grams.. Good fats.. I've always had a six pack but recently bf has gone up as i am pushing 200 pounds and only have a four pack.. I was thinking cut carbs and use ephedra? I started playing a variation of racquetball with my friend we made up:) its intense. Would this be effective to save muscle? Bench 275-80 squat over 500. Never done any phs only activate xtreme once
What are your stats? Height weight age?

It looks like you said you're 19 but I'm not sure based on the context.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't turn to ephedra so fast (at your age especially) honestly. Stuff is powerful, just tweak your diet and exercise/training a bit and you'll see the results.

ManBeast

ou man

Awards
Yes I'm 19 in a couple months. I weigh 200 pounds and not sure about body fat but I still have enough definition for a 4 pack. I'm just worried about losing alot of muscle and strength during cutting which is why I wanted to use ephedra

ou man

Awards
I wouldn't turn to ephedra so fast (at your age especially) honestly. Stuff is powerful, just tweak your diet and exercise/training a bit and you'll see the results.

ManBeast
How should I change my lifting? I lift heavy 6-10 reps now and I feel il lose strength if I changed for too long? Also on a three day split push pull legs every other day off

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
You really won't loose strength if you change your rep range, besides 6-10 is for hypertrophy whereas lower (less than 5) is ideal for strength, maybe give a 5x5 type program a try. Ephedra doesn't know/care if it is helping burn fat or muscle either...

ManBeast

ou man

Awards
Thank you didn't think of that. So would the best option maybe be start eating much more veggies and less starchy carbs such as whole wheat bread and rice? The buffet at school has an all you can eat veggie bar that is actually good. And as far as rep range keep it relatively the same to preserve?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Eh, your body needs to be shocked every few months to keep growing/changing/adapting. I'd throw it a huge curve and do a different program for 2-3 months and see how it works out for you. Veggies and protien are awesome.

ManBeast

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
your 19 years old...That is way too young to be doing such a harsh supp. I would stick to the basics and just fine tune your nutritoin throw in some cardio and call it a day. Don't do anything to extreme too young. You'll regret it later...Trust me

ou man

Awards
I know at age 17 I bought cel mdrol and luckily I read threads like this and talks myself out of it. I remember just wanting to be 180 pds... LOL thanks for replying. I'm going to change diet instead

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Try a simple caloric deficit of about 500 calories. Use myfitnesspal to find your BMR and track your calories. Try a macro ratio of 50/25/25 protein/carbs/fat. Also look into the Clinical Keto Diet. I have seen the CKD work wonders.