BF% cut help

EBoy92

Awards
Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the forums and have been looking around here for some time. I am by no means new to weightlifting but i never really followed a diet or have taken any supplements and would like to start with a little help since i know practically nothing about bf cutting supps or even other supps in general. I'm 19 5'11" 194 lbs 19.2% BF and i lift on a daily basis
Could anyone point me in some direction on what supplements/kind of diet i should be doing
please keep in mind that i am new to this so try not to abbreviate :)
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Dont eat junk, sugar, soda, alcohol, any kind of bread, no carbs...

Drink plenty of water
Do cardio about hour a day..
eat healthy food...

Supps- try finaflex PX 500-xt, Oxyelite pro, fat free...

EBoy92

Awards
yeah i cut out just about all sodas alcohol etc, but even cut whole wheat bread?
and i usually spend about 3 hrs in the gym, 2 devoted to lifting and 1 doing cardio

and i will def look into those right now, thanks for the quick reply!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Yea all bread and no sugar at all...coz when you do cardio ur body burns carbs first then fat....so insert less carbs that way you can burn more fat...good luck!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the forums and have been looking around here for some time. I am by no means new to weightlifting but i never really followed a diet or have taken any supplements and would like to start with a little help since i know practically nothing about bf cutting supps or even other supps in general. I'm 19 5'11" 194 lbs 19.2% BF and i lift on a daily basis
Could anyone point me in some direction on what supplements/kind of diet i should be doing
Thanks in advance!

1. You don't need to "diet" to lose bodyfat effectively - your "diet" should be a LIFESTYLE DIET and it should be SPECIFIC TO YOU, no matter how different or unconventional it is to everyone else. NUTRITION is the primary factor that determines the success (or lack of it) re fat loss for the majority. There is no "one size fits all" approach - for example, some people diet ridiculously, whilst others like me don't diet but train very hard and intense. Experiment to find out what your body responds best to is the best way to do it - you can start off with a "base" nutrition plan and training programme, but if you do, I recommend adjusting it weekly based on your results from that week, so that you get and continue making progress.

2. At your age, you do NOT need to use ANY supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) to lose bodyfat, and you certainly don't need to use any fat burners or such products at 19.2% bodyfat. NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

3. You may not be new to lifting weights, but you still have a lot to learn - you do NOT need to lift on a daily basis. More is NOT better. RECOVERY is essential for results.

4. For information on nutrition, supplementation (as I said before, you don't need anything but the basics), and training for effective and successful fat loss, review The 3 Keys to Fat Loss. An excellent article to read is Layne Norton's A Unique Combination Of Science And Experience Based Pre-Contest Advice (you don't need to be getting ready for a competition to follow the advice here). There are several other articles on training for fat loss here: Fat Loss.

Otherwise, I recommend having a training programme AND nutrition plan written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for fat loss!

All the best!

~Rosie~

EBoy92

Awards
Thanks much for the input Rosie! I really do appreciate the advice, and will be looking into those guides right now and try to come up with my own meal plan that will work.
Also i have creatine, multivitamins and whey, would those be good to start taking?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks much for the input Rosie! I really do appreciate the advice, and will be looking into those guides right now and try to come up with my own meal plan that will work.
Also i have creatine, multivitamins and whey, would those be good to start taking?
No worries :)

Creatine, multivitamin, and whey are pretty much all you need to use - you can get enough good fats in your diet. The only thing you might want to add - although it's not necessary - is BCAAs.

~Rosie~

Alpha Mind

Awards
Thanks in advance!
Drink hot water several times throughout the day. That WILL help you burn fat. It can be water or any herbal tea (I drink lemon/ginger, which is awesome for digestion). Drink hot water or hot herbal tea throughout the day. I used to work with an acupuncture clinic and I kid you not, that can help you shed Definitely one cup first thing in the morning (helps prep the GI tract), and after lunch and dinner. I've seen people lose 3-5 lbs of fat in 1 month just doing that. Chinese medicine...can't go wrong with 5,000 years of testing.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, save the hardcore stuff for when you start gettin closer to geezerdom like myself :D

ManBeast

EBoy92

Awards
Oh really? Ive never heard of that before, definitely new to me and definitely something worth trying! I'll try to start drinking hot water now, and haha alright manbeast soon as I become a geezer xP

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Drink hot water several times throughout the day. That WILL help you burn fat. It can be water or any herbal tea (I drink lemon/ginger, which is awesome for digestion). Drink hot water or hot herbal tea throughout the day. I used to work with an acupuncture clinic and I kid you not, that can help you shed Definitely one cup first thing in the morning (helps prep the GI tract), and after lunch and dinner. I've seen people lose 3-5 lbs of fat in 1 month just doing that. Chinese medicine...can't go wrong with 5,000 years of testing.
Why would it matter if it's warm/hot?
Any reason?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Water is your friend. and I understand you "lift" on a daily basis but are you "training"?

trainwcristi

trainwcristi

Awards
Eat a good clean diet, try not to eat right before bed, also protein shakes with whey isolate work for me I've also heard people say that oxyelite pro is really good

EBoy92

Awards
- Muscle
I lift on a daily basis doing my own thing what works for me, and what I know works best for myself, I would consider myself pretty strong considering my age and what I can lift
If by training you mean with a trainer or take classes then no

EBoy92

Awards
Thanks Luke! I will check out the website and definitely take it into consideration.I've heard a lot about Leto diets

EBoy92

Awards
-Cristi

I think that my diet right now is pretty healthy and clean but I don't know much about it ha =P
And I looked up some of the reviews on it and they seem worth it but I'm on a budget now so I probably won't get it, thanks for the response tho! Appreciated

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
yeah i cut out just about all sodas alcohol etc, but even cut whole wheat bread?
and i usually spend about 3 hrs in the gym, 2 devoted to lifting and 1 doing cardio

and i will def look into those right now, thanks for the quick reply!
3 hours?

rest less between sets and get out of there in at least half the time

since you're working out for so long i'd go with a drink mix to sip throughout your workout and a post workout protein

during your workout something like xtend... or Leucine mixed with some sort of crystal light.. you can throw citrulline malate in there for endurance but not necessary.

corvettels3

Awards
CKD aka "The anabolic diet" has always worked for me. Do your research and give it a try. Good luck..