BF% cut help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

BF% cut help

Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the forums and have been looking around here for some time. I am by no means new to weightlifting but i never really followed a diet or have taken any supplements and would like to start with a little help since i know practically nothing about bf cutting supps or even other supps in general. I'm 19 5'11" 194 lbs 19.2% BF and i lift on a daily basis
    Could anyone point me in some direction on what supplements/kind of diet i should be doing
    please keep in mind that i am new to this so try not to abbreviate
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by EBoy92; 01-21-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added age

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Dont eat junk, sugar, soda, alcohol, any kind of bread, no carbs...

Drink plenty of water
    Do cardio about hour a day..
    eat healthy food...

Supps- try finaflex PX 500-xt, Oxyelite pro, fat free...
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

yeah i cut out just about all sodas alcohol etc, but even cut whole wheat bread?
    and i usually spend about 3 hrs in the gym, 2 devoted to lifting and 1 doing cardio

and i will def look into those right now, thanks for the quick reply!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.91%

Yea all bread and no sugar at all...coz when you do cardio ur body burns carbs first then fat....so insert less carbs that way you can burn more fat...good luck!!
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Ah ok thanks!
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by EBoy92 View Post
    Hey guys, i'm pretty new to the forums and have been looking around here for some time. I am by no means new to weightlifting but i never really followed a diet or have taken any supplements and would like to start with a little help since i know practically nothing about bf cutting supps or even other supps in general. I'm 19 5'11" 194 lbs 19.2% BF and i lift on a daily basis
    Could anyone point me in some direction on what supplements/kind of diet i should be doing
    Thanks in advance!

1. You don't need to "diet" to lose bodyfat effectively - your "diet" should be a LIFESTYLE DIET and it should be SPECIFIC TO YOU, no matter how different or unconventional it is to everyone else. NUTRITION is the primary factor that determines the success (or lack of it) re fat loss for the majority. There is no "one size fits all" approach - for example, some people diet ridiculously, whilst others like me don't diet but train very hard and intense. Experiment to find out what your body responds best to is the best way to do it - you can start off with a "base" nutrition plan and training programme, but if you do, I recommend adjusting it weekly based on your results from that week, so that you get and continue making progress.

2. At your age, you do NOT need to use ANY supplements but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) to lose bodyfat, and you certainly don't need to use any fat burners or such products at 19.2% bodyfat. NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

3. You may not be new to lifting weights, but you still have a lot to learn - you do NOT need to lift on a daily basis. More is NOT better. RECOVERY is essential for results.

4. For information on nutrition, supplementation (as I said before, you don't need anything but the basics), and training for effective and successful fat loss, review The 3 Keys to Fat Loss. An excellent article to read is Layne Norton's A Unique Combination Of Science And Experience Based Pre-Contest Advice (you don't need to be getting ready for a competition to follow the advice here). There are several other articles on training for fat loss here: Fat Loss.

Otherwise, I recommend having a training programme AND nutrition plan written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for fat loss!

All the best!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Thanks much for the input Rosie! I really do appreciate the advice, and will be looking into those guides right now and try to come up with my own meal plan that will work.
    Also i have creatine, multivitamins and whey, would those be good to start taking?
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks much for the input Rosie! I really do appreciate the advice, and will be looking into those guides right now and try to come up with my own meal plan that will work.
    Also i have creatine, multivitamins and whey, would those be good to start taking?
    No worries

Creatine, multivitamin, and whey are pretty much all you need to use - you can get enough good fats in your diet. The only thing you might want to add - although it's not necessary - is BCAAs.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.23%

Thanks in advance!
    Drink hot water several times throughout the day. That WILL help you burn fat. It can be water or any herbal tea (I drink lemon/ginger, which is awesome for digestion). Drink hot water or hot herbal tea throughout the day. I used to work with an acupuncture clinic and I kid you not, that can help you shed Definitely one cup first thing in the morning (helps prep the GI tract), and after lunch and dinner. I've seen people lose 3-5 lbs of fat in 1 month just doing that. Chinese medicine...can't go wrong with 5,000 years of testing.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah, save the hardcore stuff for when you start gettin closer to geezerdom like myself

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Oh really? Ive never heard of that before, definitely new to me and definitely something worth trying! I'll try to start drinking hot water now, and haha alright manbeast soon as I become a geezer xP
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Mind

Drink hot water several times throughout the day. That WILL help you burn fat. It can be water or any herbal tea (I drink lemon/ginger, which is awesome for digestion). Drink hot water or hot herbal tea throughout the day. I used to work with an acupuncture clinic and I kid you not, that can help you shed Definitely one cup first thing in the morning (helps prep the GI tract), and after lunch and dinner. I've seen people lose 3-5 lbs of fat in 1 month just doing that. Chinese medicine...can't go wrong with 5,000 years of testing.
    Why would it matter if it's warm/hot?
    Any reason?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.49%

Water is your friend. and I understand you "lift" on a daily basis but are you "training"?
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I'm an advocate of the Clinical Keto Diet while cutting. The CKD is a high fat, low carb diet and I have personally seen it yield great results. It teaches your body to burn dietary fat instead of carbs for fuel.
    Here's a step by step guide http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...t=36497&page=1
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.22%

Eat a good clean diet, try not to eat right before bed, also protein shakes with whey isolate work for me I've also heard people say that oxyelite pro is really good
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

- Muscle
    I lift on a daily basis doing my own thing what works for me, and what I know works best for myself, I would consider myself pretty strong considering my age and what I can lift
    If by training you mean with a trainer or take classes then no
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Thanks Luke! I will check out the website and definitely take it into consideration.I've heard a lot about Leto diets
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

-Cristi

I think that my diet right now is pretty healthy and clean but I don't know much about it ha =P
    And I looked up some of the reviews on it and they seem worth it but I'm on a budget now so I probably won't get it, thanks for the response tho! Appreciated
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.31%

yeah i cut out just about all sodas alcohol etc, but even cut whole wheat bread?
    and i usually spend about 3 hrs in the gym, 2 devoted to lifting and 1 doing cardio

and i will def look into those right now, thanks for the quick reply!
    3 hours?

rest less between sets and get out of there in at least half the time

since you're working out for so long i'd go with a drink mix to sip throughout your workout and a post workout protein

during your workout something like xtend... or Leucine mixed with some sort of crystal light.. you can throw citrulline malate in there for endurance but not necessary.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.54%

CKD aka "The anabolic diet" has always worked for me. Do your research and give it a try. Good luck..