Bronkaid and Primatene now banned in USA? As of December 31?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wanted to order Bronkaid for my breathing issues, and it seems that everywhere I go its out of stock and discontinued by the manufacturer.

If there is a thread about this post link, if not wtf the goverment just sucks and now they just want more and more people to go black market and get riskier products.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
First I've heard of this. Maybe you can find some online. I've never had problems getting anything at CVS/Walgreens.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First I've heard of this. Maybe you can find some online. I've never had problems getting anything at CVS/Walgreens.
This is as of December 31st 2011. Actually some Wall-marts here in the NY area state some of their stores are in stock but quantities are limited.

Even Drugstore dot com says product is discontinued by the manufacturer.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.wvasthma.org/Portals/4/Is your Asthma or COPD medication being discontinued.pdf

That's really a shame. I'm surprised this wasnt discussed sooner. I would have stocked up. I'm gonna hit up my local CVS soon and see if they have anything left.

I was able to find some Ephedrine HCL 8mg online.
Rumor is those 8mg pills may be going up in price too. I think Im with you and looking at that option now.

I thought they were just going to ban the Primatene mist type products for environmental issues, but the capsules being gone was a shock unless they will change something to get them back on the shelves.

I might contact Bayer tomorrow see if I can get an answer.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, I haven't heard about any loss of ephedrine. I k we about the mist. I wonder of it is just the actual brand names of the products.

Something I feel like I would have heard but will check when I intern next.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What the hell do tablets and caps have to do with chlorofluorocarbons?

I as well will swing by cvs/Walgreens tomorrow. And am also surprised this hasn't hit the boards yet. Bummer.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
With the price of adderal on the street so low, and how easy it is to get a script why not just go that route

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the price of adderal on the street so low, and how easy it is to get a script why not just go that route
Ephedrine historically has an extremely safe data record and does exactly what you need it to do. Also, Im not a fan of taking powerful psychostimulant's and generally in my opinion I suggest people dont even if they do have ADHD.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn. I need to stock up on this asap...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The online pharmacy does state that Primatene will be available in 1-2 weeks even though that is also unusually out of stock...

Also, I know Wallgreens makes their generic brand so maybe it not every manufacturer thats discontinuing it, or maybe there needed to be changes in the manufacturing process.

All Im saying is no one should come to conclusions yet, will keep updated.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
damn. thanks for the heads up ax1 .

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The online pharmacy does state that Primatene will be available in 1-2 weeks even though that is also unusually out of stock...

Also, I know Wallgreens makes their generic brand so maybe it not every manufacturer thats discontinuing it, or maybe there needed to be changes in the manufacturing process.

All Im saying is no one should come to conclusions yet, will keep updated.
This is my thoughts as they specifically list the brand names and not all ephedrine. There are several generics out there. I feel like I would have heard more about this and can't find one thing besides this page about it. I found one site that said the pills would still be available in an article in Sept/ Novem.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That document posted is from WV so it's possible it is just a state thing. Though that's not even an official document really and there's nothing on FDA website or any pharmacy news websites I look at daily.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That document posted is from WV so it's possible it is just a state thing. Though that's not even an official document really and there's nothing on FDA website or any pharmacy news websites I look at daily.
Well thats good news for sure :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well the first line states that the FDA in accordance with the Montreal protocol so I would assume its nationwide. As I do know the us has been on like a 2 decade long road to reduce CFC. Still not sure what tablets have to do with it since they do not require any kind of propellent.

Other thought in regards to just the brand is if they are gunning for the aerosol propellent then it would cover more than just a particular brand I would assume. But it all may come in stages etc.

I haven't yet, but I would guess that if we google FDA, us govt, CFCs, and Montreal protocol as the key words well find more info.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Discontinued and banned are very different. I checked Walgreens and it said nothing about Bronkaid being D/C'd Bayer.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is as of December 31st 2011. Actually some Wall-marts here in the NY area state some of their stores are in stock but quantities are limited.

Even Drugstore dot com says product is discontinued by the manufacturer.
Just an FYI man, I found a very legit place to get the NYC stack and real ECA and Ephedra. Many people swear by it, PM me if you want to know the company though I have a feeling you already do.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Well hopefully we can get some light shed on this....i feel like if it was an overall ban there would have been a hell of a lot more noise about it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And it may not be an overall ban. It may just be that these particular companies wish to discontinue these certain products for whatever reason. Cost effective would likely be the main reason.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just an FYI man, I found a very legit place to get the NYC stack and real ECA and Ephedra. Many people swear by it, PM me if you want to know the company though I have a feeling you already do.
Appreciate the offer, yeah I know where to get that stuff.

Personally I prefer getting from a pharmaceutical company where I feel comfortable knowing Im getting pure product with each and every batch. I just dont trust black market companies overall, and while some may provide CoA's its really of little to none relevance. Thats the primary issue it would be sad if people have to go risky black market 1 more time to get something they need.

Ephedra is amazing by the way, far more effective than ephedrine ime but for whatever reason I become impotent on it :( and that was in my early 20's (Xenadrine RFA-1, Ripped Fuel, etc...stuff was potent!).

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate the offer, yeah I know where to get that stuff.

Personally I prefer getting from a pharmaceutical company where I feel comfortable knowing Im getting pure product with each and every batch. I just dont trust black market companies overall, and while some may provide CoA's its really of little to none relevance. Thats the primary issue it would be sad if people have to go risky black market 1 more time to get something they need.

Ephedra is amazing by the way, far more effective than ephedrine ime but for whatever reason I become impotent on it :( on that was in my early 20's (Xenadrine RFA-1, Ripped Fuel, etc...stuff was potent!).
For all of you, MB Research Supply in google.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was gonna get some bronkaid today from Rite Aid, hopefully they have it still

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it was real and unable to be had it would be off shelves. I think everything's fine unless I see an actual FDA document about ephedrine itself.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just picked up a box of brokaid on my lunch break. It was the last one left they had and I asked the pharmacist if he knew anything about them being discontinued and he said no they are getting more Friday. Maybe it is just primatane is discontinuing their brand.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just picked up a box of brokaid on my lunch break. It was the last one left they had and I asked the pharmacist if he knew anything about them being discontinued and he said no they are getting more Friday. Maybe it is just primatane is discontinuing their brand.
Good news and hopefully the case.

I actually have a handful of $2 off coupons for Bronkaid, so I was planning on stocking up. Love me some EC :yup:.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to post this, but 2 days ago I went to a CVS and the Bronkaid and store brand Bronkaid is totally gone, but they were loaded with Primatene and store brand Primatene.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Box two boxes of primatene at CVS

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally got a response from Bayer, even will get some benefits, lol

Dear Mr. / Ms. ********:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Bayer HealthCare. We appreciate your
interest in BRONKAID® Dual Action Caplets.

Bayer Healthcare is still manufacturing BRONKAID® Dual Action Caplets in 24 and
60 count sizes. Unfortunately, although we do our best to ensure that our
products are available for our consumers, it is ultimately the retailers choice
as to what products they keep in stock.

You may be interested to know that this product may be currently available for
sale on amazon.com or drugstore.com

In appreciation of your interest, we will be sending you a coupon booklet via
U.S. Mail. You can expect to receive your coupons in the next 7-10 business
days. If I may be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

R**********
Consumer Advisor

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Which is better bronkaid tabs or primatene tabs? Why?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which is better bronkaid tabs or primatene tabs? Why?
Some people swear by one over the other but really they are almost about the same potency except primatene is half dosed per pill and it comes out to be more expensive.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love me some ephedrine sulfate :yumyum:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I Don't think those numbers OP provided are accurate. They should both be about 20mg the hcl being about .5mg or so stronger per 25mg.
I believe DAdams confirmed this in another thread...and it's also in the giant ECA stack thread....just didn't feel like diggin through it

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe DAdams confirmed this in another thread...and it's also in the giant ECA stack thread....just didn't feel like diggin through it
Ill try to look into it more, Im being lazy too but I saw different % numbers with hcl and sulfate and its was so close it was miniscule.

Did they even provide sources for evidence before I read that 2,000 page thread? lol

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Ill try to look into it more, Im being lazy too but I saw different % numbers with hcl and sulfate and its was so close it was miniscule.

Did they even provide sources for evidence before I read that 2,000 page thread? lol
i'm not sure - i'm not gonna bother looking through it lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I am pretty sure i am answering my own question, but i can get bronkaid or the walgreens brand. the bronkaid is 25mg ephedra and the walgreens is 12.5mg ephedra hcl. i could save $4 getting the walgreeens, but would i end up needed to take two of those?

might as well do it right and get the bronkaid right? :)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am pretty sure i am answering my own question, but i can get bronkaid or the walgreens brand. the bronkaid is 25mg ephedra and the walgreens is 12.5mg ephedra hcl. i could save $4 getting the walgreeens, but would i end up needed to take two of those?

might as well do it right and get the bronkaid right? :)
Thats because your looking at the wallgreens "primatene" clone, not the bronkaid clone. They should normally have both clones.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
i was getting depressed until page two.. was at two different walmarts in vegas and they both weren't carrying the primatenes .. or the bronkaids for that matter. i prefer the primatenes cause sometime i like to dose a third time and just to one pill in the early evening

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was getting depressed until page two.. was at two different walmarts in vegas and they both weren't carrying the primatenes .. or the bronkaids for that matter. i prefer the primatenes cause sometime i like to dose a third time and just to one pill in the early evening
I use a pill splitter for the Bronkaid as sometimes I dose late and want half dose. I do also in the morning take 1/2 bronkaid with my coffee and then 3 hours later I can handle a full dose for pre-workout.

Just saves me money.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
I use a pill splitter for the Bronkaid as sometimes I dose late and want half dose. I do also in the morning take 1/2 bronkaid with my coffee and then 3 hours later I can handle a full dose for pre-workout.

Just saves me money.
do you get the generic? i didn't know they made it... my alternative was picking up some vasopro from one of the nutrition shops out here...kinda in the boondocks tho

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you get the generic? i didn't know they made it... my alternative was picking up some vasopro from one of the nutrition shops out here...kinda in the boondocks tho
If I go to the store I do, but normally I order from a reputable and legit American online pharmacy and have them deliver it, which only name brand is available.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
generic primatene just as good as the primatene in your opinion? i don't want to end up with some bunk ****

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
generic primatene just as good as the primatene in your opinion? i don't want to end up with some bunk ****
As far as I know they are both made in a pharmaceutical lab, as long as your going to the pharmacy and not some online black market you will be just as fine.

E

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Was in walmart today, they had like two boxes of primetene and no Bronkaid. I checked drugstore.com and Bronkaid was listed out of stock.

I am concerned.

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
Was in walmart today, they had like two boxes of primetene and no Bronkaid. I checked drugstore.com and Bronkaid was listed out of stock.

I am concerned.
it might just be walmart.. i was at two different walmarts and they didn't have either.. not even a spot where it would have been like they ran out.. checked behind the pharm counter and there was nothing

i was at walgreens a few days ago tho.. and they had primatene, generic primatene and bronkaid

Z

zebediah23

Awards
I'm in Augusta, Ga and all the stores here (walgreens, wal-mart, cvs, rite-aid) are out of bronkaid and have been for weeks. Wal-greens still has primatene & generic primatine. Also, the bayer website says no store within 100 miles of here has bronkaid. It's definately concerning