doing great now struggling

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
I was reading some of the other post about losing weight and some I did read were a little like mine but i didnt find the answer that i was looking for. So here it goes sorry I wasnt going to post Im kinda shy but without asking im not going to figure out what to do. Here it goes when I started a weightloss program a few months ago I weighed around 304 lbs and I followed it pretty well until around christmas time were I weighed 259 lbs. Ive been doing the weightloss plan that I did before but have been cheating myself after I get done working out with a meal and I tell myself not to but I do it anyways, well I have been doing this off and on til today since christmas time and now im weighing 265 lbs and wanna get back on track and having a hard time doing this. I used to chew tobacco too and quit so I chew tons of gum, but hope someone can help me out so I can get going on the right track again thanks

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
From my own personal fight against fat:

Mind over matter, keep healthier snacks handy (like in your car so when you are driving home you don't feel tempted to cheat).

Maybe consider a suppliment with an appetite-suppressing effect so you aren't hungry until later in the day (but still, you have to eat clean).

Find ways to get creative with healthy foods (spices are the variety of life).

Schedule your "cheat meal" (1 maybe 2 per week) as a reward, but don't go hog-wild when you do have it.

ManBeast

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
One big thing is when u do cheat don't be too hard on yourself cause sometimes that can make things worse. Everybody goes through the struggle bro even pro bodybuilders I'm sure. Just gotta make sure u get back on track asap

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
hey thanks for your replys back I appreciate it, Do you guys have any recommendations for some healthy snacks that you guys use?

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
it's really about moderation bro having a lil of anything I don't think will stop u from reaching your goals u should look at getting one of those calorie counting apps and figure out how many calories u need a day and cut by about 500 and try that for a couple weeks and see how it works

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
O ok just thought id ask to see if there was even some snacks out there that I should get but thanks I appreciate it

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
No problem brotha just grind it out you'll be where u want before u know it

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Here's what I tell pretty much everybody:

Nothing will become easy on its own. So many times when people say that they want to be able to control themselves better, get motivated, or be more disciplined, all they are really saying is that they want it to be easier to do those things. Well, that's not how it works. Unless you act to improve yourself, despite the difficulty, it will never happen.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
True you are right ozarka I do have to get that figured out like i did in the beginning and its not easy at all

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
True you are right ozarka I do have to get that figured out like i did in the beginning and its not easy at all
That's the point. It's not easy. Do your best to accept the difficulty as an inevitability and push through it.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
It's a phase man it's comes and goes u just gotta push through it and pretty soon you'll get your mojo back

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
Yea i sure hope i do get through it i need it because of how good i was doing

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Keep up the Good work it's not easy trying to lose weight and you have lost a good amount thus far. I personally try to eat every 2 hours but each meal I eat is an average of 300 calories some are only 200 or so when it's just a protein shake. By eating small meals every two hours my metabolism stays high and by the time I am hungry again it is time to eat. Since
I eat so often I make sure the meals are small in calories and high in protein.
I average 40g of protein a meal I don't like going higher then this due to eating so often. I want to make sure my body process it all. As far as healthy snacks I stick with almonds and beef jerky. Jerky is high in protein but also sodium. I don't mind the sodium bc i don't eat the jerky that often. I also eat sunflower seeds bc they taste good, are a good fat, and keep u occupied as you take them apart to eat. As far as feeding my sweet tooth, i make sugar free jello. There are 0 carbs and like 10 calories. I'll smash 3 cups of these if I need too. These are just some things I do to keep me focused and still burning fat.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I think you're setting yourself up to fail. You're talking as if getting through it is out of your control. That's not true. You can choose what you do, despite how you may feel. It doesn't matter if you don't feel motivated. When it comes to confidence, motivation, and all those wonderful attributes that don't necessarily come naturally to many individuals, they start as an act before they become fact. Basically, fake it 'til you make it.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
hey thanks wilpit I appreciate it and for the things that you have requested for me if i need it that should help. thanks again for the help

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks ozarka I see where you are coming from and I dont wanna be a failure it would be a lot to lose

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
I would say no to your oatmeal packets.
Those things are loaded with sugar and high fructose corn syrup. So they are not comparably healthy to just straight oats.
And honey is a natural sweetener source even though it is still sugar it's better then high fructose corn syrup.