Lean bulk diet

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.51%

Lean bulk diet

Fixing to start a lean-bulk PH/PS cycle (t-1 pro/m4ohn), however, since diet is the most important aspect. I'm trying to dial in my foods.

I'd like to eat around maintenance +/-. I like to get most of my fats from animal proteins. My diet yesterday was for instance (this is typical of a work-out day for me)

Pre Cardio:
    1 cup black cofee

Meal 1 (post morning cardio)
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 scoop of whey
    2 Eggs (boiled)
    8 oz light oj

Total Kcal: 550
    Carbs: 30g
    Fat: 12g
    Pro: 39g

Meal 2
    4 oz flank steak
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1/2 cups broccoli

Total Kcal: 350
    Carbs: 25g
    Fat: 9g
    Protein: 22g

Meal 3
    Same as Meal 2

Meal 4 (Post W/O)
    40g dextrose
    1.5 scoop whey
    .5 gram of r-ala

Total KCal: 330
    Carbs: 45g
    Protein: 33g
    Fat: 2g

Meal 5
    8 oz of boneless/skinless chicken breast grilled
    2 cups of brocco
    1/4 cup shredded mozz/colby

Total KCal: 380
    Carbs: 16g
    Protein: 54
    Fat: 11

Meal 6 (Bedtime)
    1 Cup Cottage Cheese
    1/2 Cup Fiber One

Total Kcal: 370
    Carbs: 29 (Dietary Fiber 12g)
    Protein: 29g
    Fat: 23g

So totals for the day are as follows:
    Total Kcal: 2340
    Protein: 199G
    Carb: 170G
    Fat: 66G

I'm 5'10" about 187lbs and BF 16-18% +/-. My goal is to be around 185 and BF 12% (Remember I'm fixing to start T1Pro/M40HN stack). Am I going in the right direction to reach my goals, or what type of modifications would you guys recommend to tweak this.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.28%

Personally, I would move the 1/2 cups of brown rice of meal 2 to meal 5 (your first "real" meal after workout), and maybe add some healthy fats to meal 2 (eg. flax). After workout, your body needs carbs, and I don't think the dextrose is sufficient. Just my 2 cents.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.77%

Maybe drop the dextrose in meal 4 for oats?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.51%

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    Any reason why to replace the dextrose in a post w/o meal for oats? I'm trying to take advantage of that insulin spike ,caused by the dextrose, to shuttle the nutrients. I was actually thinking about upping to 70g
  5. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bandit_193
    Any reason why to replace the dextrose in a post w/o meal for oats? I'm trying to take advantage of that insulin spike ,caused by the dextrose, to shuttle the nutrients. I was actually thinking about upping to 70g
    keep the dextrose. your correct you do want that insulin spike. In fact I would add even more dextrose to the mix. I am 175 lbs and I take in 65-75 grams of sugars post workout. Some heavier people go as high as 90-100+. Also with the ALA you might want to wait on till a little after your workout because if you take it with your dextrose it will lower insulin levels. ALA mimics insulin. I am not sure to the degree or how long it has this effect but I do know that it does have this effect. So it is best taken with meals where you want as little insulin released, I use it in my late afternoon and evenining meals that have some carbs in them. Bobo might be able to tell you better how long the ala stays in your blood and mimics insulin.
  6. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.18%

Quote Originally Posted by 200wannabe
    This has been discussed several times on this board. Your going to get an insulin spike regardless post workout. So taking in the dextrose will only lead to increased fat storage. Stick w/low GI.
  7. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    This has been discussed several times on this board. Your going to get an insulin spike regardless post workout. So taking in the dextrose will only lead to increased fat storage. Stick w/low GI.
    There are also many articles showing dextrose to be the most effective post workout which is why honey is one of the best things to use pw.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.32%

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    keep the dextrose. your correct you do want that insulin spike. In fact I would add even more dextrose to the mix. I am 175 lbs and I take in 65-75 grams of sugars post workout. Some heavier people go as high as 90-100+.
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.32%

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    There are also many articles showing dextrose to be the most effective post workout which is why honey is one of the best things to use pw.

Lake- I see you have not been around the board lately. I personally feel that the 65 grams of Dextrose I used PWO helped put this tire around my waist that I'm trying so hard to get rid of.
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.32%

EVERYBODY in the entire world needs to take 15 minutes and read this thread. A lot of it is bickering, but still very informative!

how much dextrose pwo
  11. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.88%

Guess it just depends on the person. I used to take 30-40 grams of sugar as well as protein post workout. I upped it to 60-75 and then have another one like that an hour later (with more like 40 grams of sugar) and I can honestly say I am recovering better, it shows in the gym for me. Again it might not work for some, I am an ecto and don't really have too much problem keeping fat off.
  12. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Yes but the point is that if you replace those 60-75g of dextrose (which is unhealthy to begin with) with a smarter carb source, it will do the exact same thing. The calories are the same but the steady release of nutrients is much better. Ecto or not, 75 of sugar is not healthy especially in the long run. Unfortunetyl you will leanr the hard way when you age as it could easily have an effect on insulin resistance.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  13. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.88%

okay i guess posting for me is a bad idea lol.. i just post my own experiences i guess. ill try the oatmeal and see if i can see any difference after couple months..
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

YOu could always just split it up if you don't want to make the big jump. Use half skim milk, half dextrose.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.51%

Quote Originally Posted by DieTrying
    EVERYBODY in the entire world needs to take 15 minutes and read this thread. A lot of it is bickering, but still very informative!

how much dextrose pwo
    Hell of a good read, but man had to really wade through the name calling, however, Bobo made his point very eloquently . I'm gonna give the oats a try for a month or so and make an assesment from there.

Thanks for all the input...I'm under the impression that besides my post w/o, the diet is pretty solid?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Critique My "Lean" Bulk Diet
    By phillyb in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 05:23 PM
  4. My new Lean/Bulk Diet**Ideas/advice plz
    By ssor1005 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15