animalobolics diet... what do you think?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Not sure if any of you have read it but those of you that have, what do you think about this. Very extreme and liberal away from the mainstream 5-7 meals per day theory. He has a very very valid point, however, in the way he explains it.

EDIT- i just found the other thread on it (sorry i spelled it wrong the first time i searched and didnt find anything). I am still curious, however, if anyone has used it since then. Another thing I am wondering about, is whether or not it would be a good diet to at least "try" bulking with. I mean he says or I should say "claims" that you can add mass while dropping fat, I just don't know if I believe it yet. Anyone?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:rofl:

;)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
sorry bob, dont know when you posted that but i did edit it. i know in the last post you absolutely hated the idea and the science and all behind it. i am no scientist when it comes to this sort of stuff but it seemed like what he was saying was right. the only thing that gets me, is the fact that you can gain any kind of weight on a such a low calorie diet. im confused ;(

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man that thread is old.

Its nothing special at all. He cuts calories and carbs. But if you think that will work for the long term and get you to extreme bf%, ask DieTrying how he likes low carb diets :D

Its also is terrible for gaining mass IMO.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't even like some of things I said in that thread. I've changed my mind on many things.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man that thread is old.

Its nothing special at all. He cuts calories and carbs. But if you think that will work for the long term and get you to extreme bf%, ask DieTrying how he likes low carb diets :D

Its also is terrible for gaining mass IMO.
Bobo, what are you talking about man? I loved low carb diets once I got over the 3 weeks of explosive diarrhea, the headaches, the rashes on my body, and feeling like my head was spinning while trying to take college exams. I now realize that had I continued the diet I was on, I could have been died :sick: (seriously).

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Holy ****, how the hell did that happen bro!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Holy ****, how the hell did that happen bro!
Lowering your CHO intake to extremes is terribly hard on your body. Your body really loves burning carbs. I am just so grateful that I altered my diet before I got on Tri-max. Could you imagine a low/no-carb diet with Tri-max?? OMG

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
so what kind of diet are you donig now? im doing more of a timed carb diet.. seems to work pretty good as far as adding mass goes..

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm dieting and eating more carbs now than I ever have...seems to be working pretty well. I also feel awesome (while using androgens and supps :D ). I really hate that the word "carb" has a bad reputation. When I tell people that I utilize lots of carbs, they probably think of bread and other bullshit..not lentils, broccoli, oats, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans :thumbsup: ....just to name a few.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now if I could just find somebody to buy this 15 lbs of dextrose and 15 lbs of maltodextrin :frustrate ...

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lowering your CHO intake to extremes is terribly hard on your body. Your body really loves burning carbs. I am just so grateful that I altered my diet before I got on Tri-max. Could you imagine a low/no-carb diet with Tri-max?? OMG
the same trainer you were signed up w/ put me on a no-carb after he knew i was on t-3/clen. I pleaded w/ him, but he said i'd be fine if i took in enough fat. :blink:

A few weeks into it, as fat loss had SLOWED and muscle loss had greatly increased, I basically tossed the diet, and requested my money back and turned to bobo for help.

He had me come off the shitty no carb diet and helped me lay down the foundations for a new diet. Since then i've gotten down to 8-9% and i'm not lookin back!

cbcortez

Awards
Hi bobo, can you give us specifics on why you arent such a fan of keto now? Thanks...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because they work only to a point for the majority of people and not the best for preserving muscle.

cbcortez

Awards
Thanks Big B. I guess all that "lose 10 inches from your waist line in 2 hours" mentality is really driving all this extremely low carb craze. Correct me if I am wrong but the Atkins diet and South beach diet look ok to me for people who do not have a very active lifestyle BUT they need to follow it to the T. I see some people say they are on Atkins but they stop at the first 2 weeks of decreasing their carb intake, since it works well for them at this stage they think that if they permanently stay there theyll lose all the weight they want. They never go to the stage where they carefully introduce carbs back into their diet.

Also, a friend of mine is active for his age doing a lot of badminton, he is kinda overweight due to excessive eating of processed carbs i guess and a lot of saturated fats. He wanted to go on atkins, i was telling him not to coz he is active enough that he NEEDS those carbs. Told him to just decrease his overall food intake and choose wisely when he eats. He doesnt wanna listen hahahah....oh well. Thanks for letting me do a mini-rant.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No problem...rant away :)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Hi bobo, can you give us specifics on why you arent such a fan of keto now? Thanks...
I agree here with bobo. Keto diets work to a point but if you really think about them there in no way sustainable for a long period of time. You can't not eat carbs for a year and be healthy. What people need and what they've always needed was a well balanced clean diet. Everyone knows this but thinks some new magical way of eating will solve their problems.
I also think a lot of people should include trips to the shrink as a part of a diet because many eat for emotional comfort and the like.