help with yohimbine dose, i powder form

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
ok i didnt realize how difficult it would be to separate 5mg from a 3g container. my scale barely reads .1g and its not accurate, i really didnt think about how small a dose this is. i would need a scale that does .000 to be able to dose accurately. has anyone ever put powder yohimbine into capsules themselves. i mean can i take a 00 capsule and fill it 1/4 up and call it 5mg lmao. i know im gonna get burnt on this question but its my last chance before i just order a bottle already in caps. thanks for the help

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buy a better scale. Check out local jewelry stores. They would carry one that measures as small as you need

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
lol yeah the only thing i could think to even get a idea was pour it out and cut it in half, in half, in half, in half and so i did, just to see. ****ing tiny is the measurement, holly crap. its small, like 1/4 the size of a pea, MAYBE!!! o well i just guessed earlier today to see how it felt and i took about 10mg as far as i can tell. didnt react bad at all, good for me lol.

does that mean i should take more than 5mg per serving maybe. im 170lbs so i should be taking about 17.5 a day, ive read no more than 20mg a day though. ive also read of people taking 40mg a day no problem. i read that studies showed the most fat loss at the bodyweight equation, i dont know it off the top of my head, but thats where i got 17.5ish.

lol should have bought the pills!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yohimbine HCL Powder (3 grams)

Information courtesy of Par Deus

One of the major contributors to body weight homeostasis in the human body is the sympathetic nervous system, the principal components of which are the catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine) and the andrenergic receptors. There are two types of adrenergic receptors, alpha and beta, as well as subtypes of each -- and depending on which are activated, lipolysis (breakdown of fat) can be either stimulated or inhibited.

The most well-known adrenoreceptors to bodybuilders are the beta receptors. These can be divided into subtypes 1, 2, and 3 -- and it is through these receptors that drugs such as the ephedrine/caffeine stack and Clenbuterol exert their effects. While Clenbuterol acts directly on beta 2 receptors, ephedrine exerts its effects indirectly by stimulating the release of norepinephrine (NE), the body's primary endogenous thermogenic hormone. Unlike Clenbuterol, NE is not selective in its binding. In addition to binding to the beta 2 receptor, it also binds to both alpha receptors, as well as the beta 1 and 3 receptors. It is in regards to its binding to the alpha 2 receptor that yohimbine comes into play.

Norepinephrine and Yohimbine

Ativation of the alpha 2 receptor inhibits the release of NE. Thus, by binding to this receptor, NE functions as its own negative feedback signal. In other words, it shuts off its own release. Obviously, this is not a good thing for fat loss. This is particularly true at rest (which, unless you are a marathon runner is 95% of your day) -- this is because alpha 2 receptors are activated at lower catecholamine levels than are the beta receptors (1). Thus, thermogenesis is basically always turned off. It is the differences in regional distribution of alpha 2 and the beta receptors that is responsible for the gender differences in bodyfat storage (2). Basically, females have a large number of alpha 2 receptors and few beta receptors in the gluteofemoral area (hips, thighs, and butt), while men have the same problem in the midsection. With exercise or the use of compounds such as the ephedrine/caffeine stack, catecholamine levels can be increased to a point where the alpha 2 induced inhibition of lipolysis is partially overcome (1). However, even then, the alpha 2 receptors ARE still acting to reduce lipolysis. Yohimbine is a selective alpha 2 antagonist (3) and can thus short circuit this feedback loop, maximizing NE levels, thus maximizing fat loss, particularly in these problem areas.

Blood Flow

A second, more indirect, mechanism by which Yohimbine can aid lipolysis via the adrenergic system is by increasing peripheral blood flow (4, 5). Adipose tissue is known to have rather poor vascularity. When triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol during lipolysis, they must also be transported away from the fat cell or they risk being reincorporated into adipose tissue. Beta receptor activation causes vasodilation, thus increasing blood flow, however, it does not increase enough to remove all of the free fatty acids released during lipolysis (6). Alpha 1 and 2 receptor activation, on the other hand, causes a decrease in blood flow (2, 7). Thus, antagonism of the alpha 2 receptor with yohimbine would be expected to increase blood flow, and thus increase the mobilization and disposal of these FFA's, further aiding fat loss.

Yohimbine vs. yohimbe

Quite a bit of confusion seems to exist about the difference between Yohimbine and yohimbe. Yohimbine is the principal alkaloid from the herb P. yohimbe. However, there are 31 other yohimbane alkaloids that can be present in herbal yohimbe preparations. Some of these have different and unknown selectivities and potencies (and thus, effects) at the adrenergic receptors (8, 9) -- in addition, these preparations vary greatly from brand to brand and even from batch to batch, as no standardization for extraction exists. In fact, a recent investigation found that most over the counter preparations have little to no actual yohimbine (10). And, even in the more potent preparations, most people find a higher degree of undesirable effects with the herb vs. pure Yohimbine (due to the afore mentioned 31 other yohimbane alkaloids that can be present).

Dosing

Studies have concluded that the ideal dosing for Yohimbine is .2mg/kg (11) -- this would be 20mg for a 220lb person (0.09 mg/lb of body weight).
Studies using smaller dosages have produced less favorable results. At this level, little to no side effects have been reported (Keep in mind, this is with Yohimbine HCl, not the yohimbe herb). Another thing to be considered when using yohimbine is that insulin completely blunts its lipolytic effects, thus it should ideally be used on a low-carb/ketogenic diet, or at the very least, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, followed by moderate aerobic activity for an extended period.

Amount per 1/4 tsp:
410mg

We recommend using a scale to accurately dose this item due to it's potent nature and low dosing.

I recommend that if you do not have a accurate (.001mg) digital scale that you dump the 3g into 300ml water.

3.000mg/300ml= .010mg/ml

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
water yeah thats a great idea thanks alot...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will not dissolve into solution so be very sure to shake it very very well before drawing each dose.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
really? its so fine and fluffy i figure it would, what if i use alcohol?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yohimbine HCl is fairly polar/hydrophilic -

A hydrophile, from the Greek (hydros) "water" and φιλια (philia) "love," is a molecule or other molecular entity that is attracted to, and tends to be dissolved by water. A hydrophilic molecule or portion of a molecule is one that has a tendency to interact with or be dissolved by, water and other polar substances.[1][2] This is thermodynamically favorable, and makes these molecules soluble not only in water, but also in other polar solvents. There are hydrophilic and hydrophobic parts of the cell membrane.

hydrophobic-

In chemistry, hydrophobicity (from the combining form of water in Attic Greek hydro- and for fear phobos) is the physical property of a molecule (known as a hydrophobe) that is repelled from a mass of water.[1]

Hydrophobic molecules tend to be non-polar and thus prefer other neutral molecules and non-polar solvents. Hydrophobic molecules in water often cluster together, forming micelles. Water on hydrophobic surfaces will exhibit a high contact angle.

Examples of hydrophobic molecules include the alkanes, oils, fats, and greasy substances in general. Hydrophobic materials are used for oil removal from water, the management of oil spills, and chemical separation processes to remove non-polar from polar compounds.

You may do well with just water but alcohol may help as well. I have always used water alone without any trouble but a little powder floating settled at the bottom. Shake it well.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
got it, ill try with water.