diet check please

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
new diet plan for after christmas, my BMR is 1825cal. not sure about how many carbs i really need to get down to but i think i should be close.
im 5 10 and 174lbs, my BF is 13% i think ill need to eat more than i am right now to start losing.

.................................................cal/pro/carb/fat
1100 wake
1300 gym------4 eggs whites--------68/16/00/00
---------------oatmeal packet-----130/03/27/01
1600 work-----protein shake-------160/26/08/02
1730 lunch----6oz chicken breat----200/38/00/03
---------------cup 2% milk--------122/08/12/05
---------------broccoli-------------30/03/05/00
---------------green beans---------40/02/08/00
1930 snack----protein shake-------160/26/08/02
2100 snack----6oz chicken breat---200/38/00/04
2300 dinner----4 eggs whites-------68/16/00/00
---------------2 scramble egg-----150/13/01/10
---------------cup 2% milk--------122/08/12/05
0100 snack----protein shake-------160/26/08/02
cheat meal-----tuna can-----------100/22/00/01
0330 sleep

totals cal- 1710 protein- 245 carbs- 89 fats- 36

thanks for the help, you see alot of planned snacks because im always hungry, if i go 3 hrs without food i start to lose control and cheat. this way i can keep feeding myself all day. night time is the worst, in the morning i dont have to eat until i head to the gym. i at least need something in my stomach before or during gym time.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
bump

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I would love to help but I have never really dieted. This looks like it should be solid for weight loss. If you can try and drop the carbs a little but I don't believe that will make much of a difference because cals are so low.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
i can easily take out the oatmeal and double the egg whites before workout. this would give me about 60 less calories total, 16g more protein and total carbs would be 62. im new at this so maybe if we can get some traffic in here you can learn too lol.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
i havent tried this plan yet but i feel like im gonna need more than a shake after workout, but then again maybe i should just push through and let my body eat itself :)

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
i havent tried this plan yet but i feel like im gonna need more than a shake after workout, but then again maybe i should just push through and let my body eat itself :)
Yeah but you don't want it to start eating the muscle. Shake post workout isn't bad. Dropping the oatmeal wouldn't be a bad idea either but you have to indulge in some kind of carbs and good oatmeal always hits the spot.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
i need to find out the difference between a low carb and a keto diet cause keto, people are talking >50g of carbs a day... here i built this one for a keto diet i could follow....
1100 wake
1300 gym protein shake-----------160 26 8 2
1600 work 2 tuna packets----------160 36 1 1
1730 lunch 6oz chicken breat--------200 38 0 4
--------------broccoli------------------30 3 5 0
--------------green beans--------------40 2 8 0
1930 snack protein shake------------160 26 8 2
2100 snack 6oz chicken breast-------200 38 0 4
2300 dinner 4 eggs whites---------------68 16 0 0
-------------2 scramble egg-------------150 13 1 10
-------------2 turkey bacon--------------70 6 1 6
0130 snack protein shake--------------160 26 8 2
cheat meal tuna can------------------100 22 0 1
0330 sleep

totals cal- 1478.... protein- 252.... carbs- 41..... fats- 33

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
With that you drop carbs/cals and add protein. I don't know but about Keto diet. Hopefully someone else will chime in that can give you real advice. You should be good to lose weight with that. I've never really diet to lose weight I've always been on the weight gainers and such, but I know what it takes to cut and that looks pretty damn good to me. You might sacrifice a little bit of strength though. But then again I still don't know because your protein count is pretty solid.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
with the keto i have plenty of room to cheat as long as i only eat meat, right?? i mean im only planning of 1478cal here thats pretty damn low, if i was hungry another 6oz chicken breast and im still gtg...

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
With that you drop carbs/cals and add protein. I don't know but about Keto diet. Hopefully someone else will chime in that can give you real advice. You should be good to lose weight with that. I've never really diet to lose weight I've always been on the weight gainers and such, but I know what it takes to cut and that looks pretty damn good to me. You might sacrifice a little bit of strength though. But then again I still don't know because your protein count is pretty solid.
thats why you diet on a fat cycle of EPI my friend :) should be interesting

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
well actually im loggin right now but its a huge SD to EPI bridge, im just starting week 6 right now. let me tell you cutting on SD almost impossbile. i didnt lose weight cause i couldnt stick to my diet but i was trying to keep calories as low as possible and pretty much stayed the same weight as when i started. kinda a failed attempt if you will, but my strength is up a ton and i look huge. so im in the bridge right now for one more week then i start the EPI. search "11 week cut cycle log"

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I saw you talk about that in another thread. I'll look for it. It might have been one of the andro/SD threads going around. I read something about a 10 week cycle. Was that you?

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
lol yeah im the crazy one :)

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
it was a 11 week plan, then i made it a 10 week cycle, but i cant change the name so i left the plan at 11 weeks, we see how im feeling. week 6 im feeling great lol

PVL

Banned
Awards
my first suggestion since this is your first diet........is to cut out all the bland ass foods, you wont last a week. secondly, get some good tasitng meats like ribs, steaks, ground beef........etc......

3rd, get a bunch of beans, spinach, and brocoli, even if its frozen or canned. 4th, get some good low cal sauces like chipotle, tapatio, bbq sauce, kethcup, hot brown mustard.........etc........

5th, get some whole grain bread, pumpernickel, oatmeal if you like it, whole wheat pancake mix, whole grain bagels...........

lastly get a bunch of dairy products such as milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese........maybe some good half and half to put in your eggs.......and of course eggs too, lol!

make different mixtures and find out what you like man.........dieting or getting into shape isnt supposed to be hard........its supposed to be your lifestyle change, and to keep it.

and the best advice is do your freakin cardio EVERYDAY, no matter how lazy you feel. do it when you wake up after drinking some coffee. you want to create insulin sensitivity so you dont put on fat..........the lower your blood sugar the better shape you will be in, it has nothing to do with testosterone........

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
i need to find out the difference between a low carb and a keto diet cause keto, people are talking >50g of carbs a day... here i built this one for a keto diet i could follow....
1100 wake
1300 gym protein shake-----------160 26 8 2
1600 work 2 tuna packets----------160 36 1 1
1730 lunch 6oz chicken breat--------200 38 0 4
--------------broccoli------------------30 3 5 0
--------------green beans--------------40 2 8 0
1930 snack protein shake------------160 26 8 2
2100 snack 6oz chicken breast-------200 38 0 4
2300 dinner 4 eggs whites---------------68 16 0 0
-------------2 scramble egg-------------150 13 1 10
-------------2 turkey bacon--------------70 6 1 6
0130 snack protein shake--------------160 26 8 2
cheat meal tuna can------------------100 22 0 1
0330 sleep

totals cal- 1478.... protein- 252.... carbs- 41..... fats- 33
A keto diet is a low carb high fat diet. The whole idea behind a Keto diet is since fats are so calorie dense compared to carbs and protein you don't have to eat much. It also gets your body used to using fat for fuel. But listen to PVL. Those little tips make it alot easier.

PVL

Banned
Awards
A keto diet is a low carb high fat diet. The whole idea behind a Keto diet is since fats are so calorie dense compared to carbs and protein you don't have to eat much. It also gets your body used to using fat for fuel. But listen to PVL. Those little tips make it alot easier.
keto is a quick 2 week diet to get ur insulin sensitivity back, then you slowly start adding carbs

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you have in the first post looks fine. I would add a little more fat in

Why are you considering keto now?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
keto is a quick 2 week diet to get ur insulin sensitivity back, then you slowly start adding carbs
That is one use for a keto diet. BUT another use for a ketogenic diet is training your body to use fats as an energy source. When there is little carb in the body your liver can convert fats into fatty acids and ketone bodies and your body can use these as fuel instead of carbohydrates. This state is called ketosis. Once a week do a carb refeed to replenish glycogen stores. This diet is quite common and I have heard of a fair few success stories.

PVL

Banned
Awards
That is one use for a keto diet. BUT another use for a ketogenic diet is training your body to use fats as an energy source. When there is little carb in the body your liver can convert fats into fatty acids and ketone bodies and your body can use these as fuel instead of carbohydrates. This state is called ketosis. Once a week do a carb refeed to replenish glycogen stores. This diet is quite common and I have heard of a fair few success stories.
oh its a good diet, helped me shed some fat here and there.........but for bodybuilding purposes, its only for cutting, not yearround.....

at least for me........i try to design my year into stages, where i grow into the size i want by slowly adding things to my arsenal.....

its all experimenting with YOUR body, because not everyone is gunna react the same

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
oh its a good diet, helped me shed some fat here and there.........but for bodybuilding purposes, its only for cutting, not yearround.....

at least for me........i try to design my year into stages, where i grow into the size i want by slowly adding things to my arsenal.....

its all experimenting with YOUR body, because not everyone is gunna react the same
The reason im trying the keto diet now is because honestly I haven't been able to complete anything else, all other plans I've cheated on. Keto diet has good science behind it once u understand the mechanics. My body burns throughcarbs so fast im always hungry, its almost unbearable which is why I end up cheating. I can make it to days 3 on about 2200cal normal diet then I just fall off I lose it. Its so depressing. Im don't with day 3 of keto right now, absolutely no cheating. Its treating me well right now but I wont jynx it.

First day I took in > 30g of Carbs, maybe 170g protein and 75g fat maybe 1800 cal, sorry I don't have my log in front of me. Second day I shot foe higher fats, about 135g, Carbs >40, 250g protein and total cal around 2400. Don't know my totals today but I kept my calories down below 2000 just to prove I had control lol. Tomorrow ill bump back up like day 2.

Im down at least 2lb/1% BF after 3 whole days, scale says more but I ll lean toward the high sideand for now.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
And I love bodybuilding but its time to see that single digit BF. What good is all that muscle if not one can see it, all covered up with fat lol. That's all I want right now. Gotta find what works is all, trail and error, somethings gonna work. I am determined!

lab_rat

Awards
my first suggestion since this is your first diet........is to cut out all the bland ass foods, you wont last a week. secondly, get some good tasitng meats like ribs, steaks, ground beef........etc......

3rd, get a bunch of beans, spinach, and brocoli, even if its frozen or canned. 4th, get some good low cal sauces like chipotle, tapatio, bbq sauce, kethcup, hot brown mustard.........etc........

5th, get some whole grain bread, pumpernickel, oatmeal if you like it, whole wheat pancake mix, whole grain bagels...........

lastly get a bunch of dairy products such as milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese........maybe some good half and half to put in your eggs.......and of course eggs too, lol!

make different mixtures and find out what you like man.........dieting or getting into shape isnt supposed to be hard........its supposed to be your lifestyle change, and to keep it.

and the best advice is do your freakin cardio EVERYDAY, no matter how lazy you feel. do it when you wake up after drinking some coffee. you want to create insulin sensitivity so you dont put on fat..........the lower your blood sugar the better shape you will be in, it has nothing to do with testosterone........
This post is absolutely true.

Keep up on the cardio is a must! You must look at food as fuel for your lifestyle, but don't let it be boring. Tuna, chicken, oatmeal and eggs will get old FAST! lol

Keep us up to date on your diet/cycles!

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you don't drink your coffee right in the morning because that causes raised cortisol levels through the rest of the day. Popping some caffeine in the morning is okay though.
As far as keto diets go I know they work well. I know for better results you should shock the system with a high carb day or 2 per week. Something like the anabolic diet should work great.
I've always sucked at cutting so personally I'm probably going to try clen soon, so you might want to look into it if you have too much trouble getting as lean as you want.
Good luck!

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
little update, keto is working great. day 5 and im down 4 lbs, no lie. the first 3 days were not easy though hunger is minimal and i havent even been counting calories. no cardio only lifting, im gonna build a balance plan for next week and i decided to run target instead of cycle. eating a bunch of carbs on the weekend just doesnt sit well with me. sounds like a disaster and i would get out of control. 20 to 40g of carb prior to workouts sound much better. now i need to do something about going number 2 cause its been acouple days lmao but ill probably lose another lb right there so 5lbs in a week is pretty kick ass.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm loving keto I wake up every day looking leaner. This is day 6 for me I will probably carb up in day 8 with about 150-200 grams of carbs but lower fat

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
yeah i decided that a carb up is not a good idea for me, im going with the target, instead of cycling. carbs before workout sounds much more appealing than cheating on saterday or the weekends, i dont think i could handle that. theres def a processes for carbing up too. its not all good, no pizza or things like that ya know.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep for sure no pizza or cake etc. mine will consist of oats whole grain bread and milk( maybe one slice of moms home made cheese cake as I'm home for the holidays)

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
Yep for sure no pizza or cake etc. mine will consist of oats whole grain bread and milk( maybe one slice of moms home made cheese cake as I'm home for the holidays)
theres some different ways to start a carb up too, its not so simple as eat carbs. and your supposed to have a depletion workout too. like eat fruit before workout gets your body ready to start burning carbs, and a couple other steps i would search around for a proper carb up. im gonna avoid it lol

i totally am looking slimmer, just finished my big diet. i will subtract when needed, but this is the basics. im no pro so if you have a opinion about this plan, feel free to comment...also i dont really count the nutribar but its in there

------------------------cal--pro--carb--fat
4 eggs whites-----------68 16 0 0
nutribar-----------------130 2 24 3

total--------------------198 18 24 3

cheese------------------70 4 2 5
6oz chicken breast------190 38 0 4
lettuce 2cups------------20 1.5 2.5 0
ham---------------------25 2.5 .5 1.5
cheese------------------35 2 1 2.5
ranch-------------------148 0 1 16

total--------------------488 48 7 29

waltnuts-----------------200 4 3 19
protein shake elite--------160 26 8 2
.5 waltnuts---------------100 2 1.5 10

total---------------------360 28 11 21

6oz chicken breast--------190 38 0 4
burger--------------------230 22 0 15
broccoli--------------------30 3 5 0

total----------------------450 63 5 19

almonds-------------------160 6 6 12
protein shake nitro---------130 25 4 1.5
.5 almonds------------------80 3 3 6

total-----------------------290 31 9 13

cheese----------------------70 4 2 5
burger---------------------230 22 0 15
2 eggs----------------------150 13 1 10
cheese----------------------70 4 2 5
pepper----------------------36 0 1 3
ham-------------------------50 5 1 3

total------------------------606 48 7 41

----------------------------cal---pro---carb--fat
total------------------------2342 219 67=43 127

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention that if you have the ability to, you should try to go to sleep earlier. I saw on your original plan it only had you getting 7 and a half hours which isn't too bad, but if you can fit in another hour or two you might see some even better results.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
Lol I hear ya on that but I usually work 10+ hrs and its just not possible, I do try and sleep in in off days though. 2.5 hrs in the gym five days a week plus homework too!!

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Lol I hear ya on that but I usually work 10+ hrs and its just not possible, I do try and sleep in in off days though. 2.5 hrs in the gym five days a week plus homework too!!
That's dedication.
2.5 hours in the gym? Do you spread it into two workouts because I believe you'll start getting an estrogen response after 90 minutes, and also it'll raise cortisol levels quite a bit. I'd try spreading it into 2 workouts if you have the ability. Perhaps cardio when you wake and after work weightlifting. If that won't work I'd try throwing an intra-workout shake, or something, in to the give your body to hopefully blunt the negative response. Then again this isn't taking in the fact that you're on, so I don't know how that would change things.

Srt4Muscle

Srt4Muscle

Awards
Oh I was taking total time, I shower at the gym, and it's always busy, so I can do my workout in 90mins but it usually takes me 2. So 2.5 total out of my busy day haha.