Need calorie advice...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
A few years ago I was a big, heavy-lifting fat guy. When I initially started my dieting and concentration on cardio it was easy to eat light, work out, work, work out again and go home. No big deal.

A couple of years later after the acquisition of a six pack and great physique - that wasn't so easy anymore. Now my days were eat light, work out, work, work out again, go party, party some more, go home... I looked great and never wanted to be home anymore. I was always out drinking with friends at clubs - and sometimes eating things I shouldn't be afterwards...

Well, here I am - a fatty again. I went and got a body composition test and I'm unclear how many calories I should be eating to lose weight. here's the info:

percent body fat: 18.9%
fat body weight: 37lbs
lean body weight: 159lbs
basal metabolic rate: 2194
total body water: 54.2 liters (60.9% of body weight; 75.1% of lean weight)
bioresistance: 351 ohms

The person who did the test said I needed to eat 2194 calories each day to maintain my muscle mass. I do cardio once in the morning and then lift in the afternoon and do another cardio session afterwards. I sit all day so I need both workouts.

In any event - will I make progress on losing fat by eating 2194 calories each day? Or do I need to drop calories from that number? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would drop to about 1900 calories with the bulk coming from protein

PVL

Banned
Awards
dude you are overthinking the diet aspect of weight loss. you want to be anal about your diet during bulking. when you cut, just focus on protein, veggies, fruit and dairy........nothing else, maybe nuts and seeds. eat til you arent hungry.

also, do atleast 45min cardio a day, it can be split up, studies show splitting up cardio doesnt decrease its effect on fat, cant remember where I read it though, lol!

also, get TONS of sleep(atleast 6 hours)

lastly, make sure to take your vitamins and b-complex......maybe some vitamin C to help with cortisol.