My Cutting Diet

alexcp91

Awards
I just started cutting and I've read up on some diets and tried to make my own.

Meal 1 - Oatmeal with water, 1 banana and cinnamon flavoring (218 cal, 3g fat, 47g carb, 6g protein)

Meal 2 - 3 slices of turkey & lettuce on whole wheat bread and low fat yogurt (442 cal, 9g fat, 56g carb, 37g protein)

Meal 3 - PB & J Sandwich on whole wheat bread [ pre work out meal ] (250 cal, 13g fat, 26g carb, 10g protein)

Meal 4 - Protein Shake after work out (210 cal, 1g fat, 19g carb, 33g protein)

Meal 5 - chicken breast, green beans, brown rice (426 cal, 7g fat, 36g carb, 51g protein)

Meal 6 - Roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread (329 cal, 17g fat, 11g carb, 33g protein)

Meal 7 - Cottage cheese with a cup of protein powder (192 cal, 2g fat, 5g carb, 37g protein)

This gives me 2065 calories, 206 grams of protein, 200 grams of carbs and 50 grams of fat (41%/37%/22% p/c/f) according to http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=alexcp91

Any critiques would be helpful. I lift 3-4 days a week and i'm starting cardio next week twice a week in the beginning, then working up to 3 if needed.

Last edited:

alexcp91

Awards
According to fitday.com, pb& j is 3.5 grams and 1g from the bread. However I just checked the label on my peanut butter and it's 12g of fat for 2 tbsps so i'll adjust that.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dump the peanut butter and jelly. Natural Peanut Butter is a good source of fats, however be careful with the 16 g of fat per serving. Dump the yogurt, it is pretty much useless cals. Whole wheat bread is OK but I'd maybe substitute it with oats.

Also, you're going to need more than 6 grams of protein for your first meal of the day..Think about all that time that you're sleeping and not getting any nutrients.

The ratios look good, I'd just maybe change some food choices.

alexcp91

Awards
Yeah the main area I was concerned about was breakfast. I may end up making egg white omelettes or adding a scoop of whey to oatmeal (23g).

I'll probably end up taking out the pb & j sandwich since I realized it is a lot of fat, and that leaves me with nothing pre workout. Any suggestions? Hopefully not another sandwich since it seems I already have enough of those for the day..