Cutting 10 pounds

sportsnh

Awards
Hey Guys

I'm looking to cut 10 pounds in fat from my waist as I currently weigh 175 and am looking to get down to 165 an appropriate weight for me being 5'10"

How do I do this without losing muscle mass in my arms etc. I'm afraid running on the treadmill/biking/going on the elliptical for an hour or more will take a lot away from my muscles??

Any advice??

alewisdvm

Awards
I am in the same boat. I was 176. Now 164 and trying to get to about 158. I'm 5'9"
Will use probably lose a little muscle mass? Yes
But, if you train right and try to ensure your getting good protein at the appropriate times pre- and post-work out, you'll preserve a lot.

You certainly are unlikely to gain any muscle during the weight loss. I am personally taking the sacrifice to burn the belly, and will rebuild hard on the arms and chest when I reach my target weight.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you guys want to weigh the same as someone in junior highschool??

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha agreed, I was that size at 13. You should be able to be a lean 180+ at that size

alewisdvm

Awards
Agreed. But, I didn't want to bulk and simply add more to the waist.
I wanted to cut a bit first, and then I do intend to gain, but the right way.
Ideally, I would probably like to be at 175, but more muscle not fat.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah i'm trying to get down to about 150:no: lol . But whatever floats your boat, it seems from what's going on in tv and the movies that the thin ripped look is in.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So maybe you guys will end up with the sexier women.:aargh4:

sportsnh

Awards
I'd be more than happy staying at my 175 if I didn't have my belly fat..I wanna lose that fat which will drop my overall weight and then bulk back up to my current weight ~175

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
How to do it???

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet,exercise and hdrol

sportsnh

Awards
I'm trying to avoid any weight loss supplements

I'm lifting Mon/Wed/Fri with a short high intensity run on those days and on Tuesday/Thursday I bike or elliptical for an hour.

I've cut most carbs out of my diet and have noticed a slight drop in my weight over the past week and a half.

Diet,exercise and hdrol

titanman31

titanman31

Awards
Do you supplement bcaa's? It's not really a weightloss agent, no stims or anything. Nothing but muscle goodies haha

sportsnh

Awards
Nope, the only supplements that I use are Jack3d and creatine...I'll have to give it a try--any suggestions on a good bcaa?

titanman31

titanman31

Awards
Nope, the only supplements that I use are Jack3d and creatine...I'll have to give it a try--any suggestions on a good bcaa?
I received some free AI sports nutrition recover pro and those taste great with a 4:1:1 ratio and I get great recovery with it. I also switch it up with Extend too. Some people don't think you need glutamine and I'm on the edge with it from a recovery standpoint but it works well with your immune system. Either one taste great and have really good prices right now on NP so I would go with one of them. I keep a lot of muscle when using these. I wrestle and have a huge calorie deficiency at times and I maintain a lot of muscle drinking these two products.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Diet,exercise and hdrol

PHs are no good in Australia...example of training???paleo is my diet/lifestyle