sat fats at night?

  1. sat fats at night?


    okay im finally gettin my diet worked out pretty damn well.. however im curious about something.. i know fats at night are prolly the best way to go (with no carbs), however, is saturated fat okay at night as long as your not combining them with carbs? ive been taking in some whey, caseinate, and some peanut butter (natural) before bed..
    PharmD


  2. Its not AS bad, but its still not good.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  3. There are no Omega 3's in PB. That's the only real problem I see. PB has carbs too.
    •   
       


  4. i was flippin' through a magazine at the Newsagent today and come across an article on "Nocturnal Eating" which recommends protein as the only food that should be eaten before bed as it blunts the effects of cortisol. this i knew.........

    .............but it also goes on to say that "essential fats" are a big no-no before bed as they suppress the chemicals that help induce sleep.

    doesn't mention anything about saturated fats though.

    never heard of this before but i just thought it might be useful here in this thread.

    Jag

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Jag
    i was flippin' through a magazine at the Newsagent today and come across an article on "Nocturnal Eating" which recommends protein as the only food that should be eaten before bed as it blunts the effects of cortisol. this i knew.........

    .............but it also goes on to say that "essential fats" are a big no-no before bed as they suppress the chemicals that help induce sleep.

    doesn't mention anything about saturated fats though.

    never heard of this before but i just thought it might be useful here in this thread.

    Jag

    thats interesting.
    PharmD

  6. I take 4 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil at night (saturated fat) and it actually helps me to cut up if you can believe it..Coconut oil is very healthy and does not get stored as fat..

  7. 4 tablespoons? Isn't that like 60g of fat?!!! You would never burn that much in your sleep. I don't even care if it's MCT or not. You would be a lot more cut than your picture shows if you cut that dose down to 1 tbsp.

  8. I eat eggs before bed and no problems sleeping here.

    4 whole
    1 white

  9. Quote Originally Posted by IHateGymMorons
    4 tablespoons? Isn't that like 60g of fat?!!! You would never burn that much in your sleep. I don't even care if it's MCT or not. You would be a lot more cut than your picture shows if you cut that dose down to 1 tbsp.

    Maybe, but ill stick with the 4 tablespoons it has worked so far for me, it may take me longer but the way i see it it's a marathon not a sprint, if it aint broke don't fix it..

  10. How much calories the body burns at night. Without having sex or masturbation, or nightmares sweating. I'm sleeping 9 1/2 hours at night with room temperature 70-75

  11. i posted the above thread just before bed last night. all i had was a shake with 6 egg whites, 2 yolks & 2 scoops of cassein.

    it was the first time i've slept right through til morning without a dunny run for a long time.
    maybe a coincidence, maybe not!!

    Jag

  12. Quote Originally Posted by krie1g
    How much calories the body burns at night. Without having sex or masturbation, or nightmares sweating. I'm sleeping 9 1/2 hours at night with room temperature 70-75

    I hear your body burns around 70-80 calories per hour of normal sleep... not restless..
    PharmD

  13. There is no set number at all. Its based on your individual metabolism which is slowed considerably during sleep.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    There is no set number at all. Its based on your individual metabolism which is slowed considerably during sleep.

    I just got that number from a few websites scrounging around the internet. I believe they said it is just an average. But obviously there is a lot of lurking variables.
    PharmD

  15. Bobo...whats your take on essential fats before bed. I usually pop 5 fish oils then along with my usual night time blend/cottage cheese. Wondering if there is any truth to this.

  16. EFA's are fine as long they are kept fairly low. You don't need much to get the benefits. People think you need 4-6 tablspoons of the stuff to get any benefit.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  17. i had a chicken fillet & a plate of lettuce about 2 hours before bed last night............mmmmmm, yummy..........Not!!!

    had another uninterupted sleep though & also woke up feeling much better than normal.

    with what Bobo has just said i might back right off the amount of efa's i use & keep them away from my last meal.

    Jag

  18. you ever cook the chicken with cumin (and possibly red pepper)? It makes it sooooo much better.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fat at night?
    By bla55 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM
  2. Fat at night
    By ktw in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 03:38 AM
  3. Methyl 1-test in morning or at night?
    By LIFTER23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:56 PM
  4. Taking M-1-T at night
    By drei in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Log in
Log in