sat fats at night?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
okay im finally gettin my diet worked out pretty damn well.. however im curious about something.. i know fats at night are prolly the best way to go (with no carbs), however, is saturated fat okay at night as long as your not combining them with carbs? ive been taking in some whey, caseinate, and some peanut butter (natural) before bed..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not AS bad, but its still not good.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
There are no Omega 3's in PB. That's the only real problem I see. PB has carbs too.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i was flippin' through a magazine at the Newsagent today and come across an article on "Nocturnal Eating" which recommends protein as the only food that should be eaten before bed as it blunts the effects of cortisol. :run: this i knew.........

.............but it also goes on to say that "essential fats" are a big no-no before bed as they suppress the chemicals that help induce sleep. :think:

doesn't mention anything about saturated fats though.

never heard of this before but i just thought it might be useful here in this thread.

Jag

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i was flippin' through a magazine at the Newsagent today and come across an article on "Nocturnal Eating" which recommends protein as the only food that should be eaten before bed as it blunts the effects of cortisol. :run: this i knew.........

.............but it also goes on to say that "essential fats" are a big no-no before bed as they suppress the chemicals that help induce sleep. :think:

doesn't mention anything about saturated fats though.

never heard of this before but i just thought it might be useful here in this thread.

Jag

:goodpost: thats interesting.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take 4 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil at night (saturated fat) and it actually helps me to cut up if you can believe it..Coconut oil is very healthy and does not get stored as fat..

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
4 tablespoons? Isn't that like 60g of fat?!!! You would never burn that much in your sleep. I don't even care if it's MCT or not. You would be a lot more cut than your picture shows if you cut that dose down to 1 tbsp.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I eat eggs before bed and no problems sleeping here.

4 whole
1 white

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
4 tablespoons? Isn't that like 60g of fat?!!! You would never burn that much in your sleep. I don't even care if it's MCT or not. You would be a lot more cut than your picture shows if you cut that dose down to 1 tbsp.

Maybe, but ill stick with the 4 tablespoons it has worked so far for me, it may take me longer but the way i see it it's a marathon not a sprint, if it aint broke don't fix it..

krie1g

Awards
How much calories the body burns at night. Without having sex or masturbation, or nightmares sweating. I'm sleeping 9 1/2 hours at night with room temperature 70-75

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i posted the above thread just before bed last night. all i had was a shake with 6 egg whites, 2 yolks & 2 scoops of cassein.

it was the first time i've slept right through til morning without a dunny run for a long time.
maybe a coincidence, maybe not!!

Jag

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
How much calories the body burns at night. Without having sex or masturbation, or nightmares sweating. I'm sleeping 9 1/2 hours at night with room temperature 70-75

I hear your body burns around 70-80 calories per hour of normal sleep... not restless..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is no set number at all. Its based on your individual metabolism which is slowed considerably during sleep.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
There is no set number at all. Its based on your individual metabolism which is slowed considerably during sleep.

I just got that number from a few websites scrounging around the internet. I believe they said it is just an average. But obviously there is a lot of lurking variables.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Bobo...whats your take on essential fats before bed. I usually pop 5 fish oils then along with my usual night time blend/cottage cheese. Wondering if there is any truth to this.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
EFA's are fine as long they are kept fairly low. You don't need much to get the benefits. People think you need 4-6 tablspoons of the stuff to get any benefit.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i had a chicken fillet & a plate of lettuce about 2 hours before bed last night............mmmmmm, yummy..........Not!!!

had another uninterupted sleep though & also woke up feeling much better than normal. :thumbsup:

with what Bobo has just said i might back right off the amount of efa's i use & keep them away from my last meal.

Jag

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you ever cook the chicken with cumin (and possibly red pepper)? It makes it sooooo much better.