Trying to cut down the bodyfat!

Hey guys i wanted to post here and ask a few questions,

Stats:

6'3
    271 pounds
    28% bodyfat
    24 years old.

-

I dropped down to 17% bodyfat a few years ago and i did it without much knowledge of "how to cut". I just knew to count my calories and eat somewhat clean from what i've been reading on the internet. I did it while eating 1500-1700 calories a day and doing 30 min of cardio 5 times a week. I did the 1500-1700 calories a day but all my lifts still went up so i'm not sure if i gained or lost any muscle but they were definately more defined. My question is if my body did that a couple years ago would i be able to do the same thing? I've been reading more lately over the years and learned that my body would probably lose muscle mass and fat at that low of calories but my lifts were staying the same and increasing. Anyone know whats going on? Oh actually through the week i would eat clean and on saturday i would cheat a little like have a slice or two of pizza or something but then go right back on it, my bodyfat was dropping like crazy in like a month and a half i gained massive progress.

Anyways i'm going to try to cut again, i'll keep you guys posted and if anyone has any info on why i still gained strength please let me know. Thanks guys.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

The short answer: Yes, your body will do that again.

When people talk about the number of calories required for a person of a certain size, they are just talking about averages. Each person's body, however, is quite unique. One person your size might require 3000 calories per day to lose 2 lbs of fat per week, whereas you very well could require 1700 calories per day to lose 2 lbs of fat per week. The trick is to figure what caloric intake works best for your body for the results you are seeking and be diligent and precise about tracking that. Especially during the early phases of fat loss, you very well can eat at a deficit and still have strength and muscle gains. Once you get below 15 percent or so, it will become more challenging.

For your current situation I would recommend aiming for two pounds of fat loss per week. Use a calorie tracking application (My Fitness Pal), and try starting at 2,000 calories per day. If that's not working, drop it down to 1,800. Keep dropping it until you get to your desired results. In the mean time, watch your macronutrients. Aim for around 40% of your calories to come from protein, 30% from fat, and 30% from carbs. Keep lifting and stay diligent, and you will be quite happy with your results.

3. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

The good old 40/30/30.

That's a diet I try and stick too.
    Sometimes I wonder what dropping carbs down would be like. Think I'm opt got more cardio though to dispel some of the calories.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks guys, i've been checking out My Fitness Pal and i really like it. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress!

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Yes your body can replicate, often though to achieve the same results that you previously experienced you may have to adjust your training/nutrition regime.
    All in all you can do it again. Do work!
    Gettin' Gear, Doin Work and Spittin' Knowledge!
    Competitor / Gear God / Trainer

6. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanMMA View Post
    Hey guys i wanted to post here and ask a few questions,

Stats:

6'3
    271 pounds
    28% bodyfat
    24 years old.

-

I dropped down to 17% bodyfat a few years ago and i did it without much knowledge of "how to cut". I just knew to count my calories and eat somewhat clean from what i've been reading on the internet. I did it while eating 1500-1700 calories a day and doing 30 min of cardio 5 times a week. I did the 1500-1700 calories a day but all my lifts still went up so i'm not sure if i gained or lost any muscle but they were definately more defined. My question is if my body did that a couple years ago would i be able to do the same thing? I've been reading more lately over the years and learned that my body would probably lose muscle mass and fat at that low of calories but my lifts were staying the same and increasing. Anyone know whats going on? Oh actually through the week i would eat clean and on saturday i would cheat a little like have a slice or two of pizza or something but then go right back on it, my bodyfat was dropping like crazy in like a month and a half i gained massive progress.

Anyways i'm going to try to cut again, i'll keep you guys posted and if anyone has any info on why i still gained strength please let me know. Thanks guys.
    Water is key when it comes to weight/fat loss. Not sure if you included that at all but make sure you drinking a gallon of water a day. Also add some cardio 30-45mins a day 3 days a week

7. New Member
    Answers

Water, Vitamin C, Coconut Milk, Chicken and drop weight like crazy.

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  270 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't tried coconut milk. Good benefits?

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Coconut Milk has zero benefits as far as I'm concerned. Unless you like sugar as a weight loss food. Do not heed that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanMMA View Post
    I haven't tried coconut milk. Good benefits?

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

I use myfitness pal. My macros are a bit different. I'm doing 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% fats. I've drop from 380 to 284 since August 1st.

11. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by owlicks
    Coconut Milk has zero benefits as far as I'm concerned. Unless you like sugar as a weight loss food. Do not heed that advice.
    It is if doing a keto diet...full of MCTs and fat
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bodyfat ??
    By Pika in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
  2. 11% to 7% bodyfat
    By CrazyChemist in forum Weight Loss