My Adipose Attrition Chronicle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    My Adipose Attrition Chronicle


    I've finally decided to get serious and set some health and aesthetic goals. Within this thread, I wish to chronicle my "cut" phase, and discuss my observations, opinion, and other miscellanea along the way. That, and I need to earn some posts before I can post links and pics. Sorry in advance if this is too long for those with ADD or short attention span.

    Statistics:
    Male
    Age: 33
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: ~150 lb
    Body fat: 20% (estimation)
    Waist: 34.5" (at navel, trying to rest and let my gut out)
    Right Upper Leg: 20.5" (standing, at rest)
    Right Upper Arm: 11" (extended, not flexed)

    As of this writing, the weight and fat% are approximate. I didn't weigh myself this morning before writing and based on appearance, I know my bf% isn't 14%.

    What I plan to do:
    Test some hypotheses, challenge some beliefs, and lose lots of fat. Specific goals are to obtain visible abs for only the 2nd time in my life (cut), and to be more attractive to the opposite sex (recomp / bulk). I'm fortunate to have otherwise decent health markers, so improvements there will be a bonus. The actual deadline is July of 2012 (more on that sometime later) but with just the cut, I'll be happy.

    At the end of this phase, I'm not concerned with the weight number, but the waist measurement will be telling. To meet my goal for the cut, I'm thinking my waist has to be 28". We'll see. I also will try to verify weight / body composition with BodPod measurement. I'm lucky there's a guy around here who travels and provides this at either his house or local gyms.

    Diet and Exercise Strategy:
    At this instant, I don't plan to do resistance training. Sounds alarming, but it's not permanent. See, I have all of my equipment in my basement. There's a leverage system, about 350lb in plates, 5-55lb dumbbells, cable pulldown station, chin up station, hex bar and standard bar. Only problem is that I'm doing a little mold remediation down there and it's going to be a while before I feel comfortable sucking wind in there. So... I plan to utilize calorie restriction, intermittent fasting, and walking.

    Intake:
    We can surmise that my BMR is 1600 if you consider my full weight, but likely closer to 1450 if we consider just my lean mass. Therefore, to try and achieve better results, I want to keep my calories under 1200. I've considered relaxing this a little bit on the weekend, but haven't decided what to try. This will be tough for me, given my habits. I want to do the leangains style eating window, 8 hours on, 16 hours off. I'll share what meals I'm eating.

    Supplements:
    Have not decided yet. Will probably minimize this greatly, but will share what I end up taking.

    Exercise:
    My workout partner (dog chow) and I will go on walks, generally from 2-5 miles, doing so 5x or more per week. In other words, approximately once a day, but not on days with rain... that kind of sucks when it's getting cold out.

    Hypotheses:
    1) To reach my goal, my macros will not matter, only calories. 1200 tops, and as long as I get some of each macro, it's good.
    1b) This will help with adherence by way of variety and keep me from tiring of certain foods.
    1c) It also should bring about a cost savings on food.

    2) I'm not gonna shrivel up and die. I'm already a "small" person, relatively speaking, and have accepted that. I say, "bollocks," to "starvation mode" or worries of detrimental muscle loss.
    2b) Protein intake at 40g+ per day (averaged over the week) will be adequate.

    3) Walking will be all the cardio I need, nothing more.

    I have to hurry my ass up because I have errands to run before I go to work. Anyway, from here I begin the journey, the discussion, and, hopefully, the inspiration for myself and others to try and achieve the same.

  2. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    More than likely, I'll do partial daily postings... mostly just to check in and keep tabs on myself.

    So far today - got up at 4:30am (couldn't sleep) but walked nearly 3 miles in 41 minutes with dog chow according to GPS tracker. Did so with 30lb weight vest and averaged 4.3mph(!) for the trip. Plan to break the fast at work around 11AM.

    Ok, it's been a while since I used the weight vest, but the lifting I did earlier in the year has paid off. It wasn't as much of a burden as it was when I first started walking, earlier this year. Apparently I already walk fast, but I was surprised I could practically keep the pace while wearing 30 more pounds.
  3. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Side effect of getting up early = being dead tired at 7PM, so I passed out.

    Just got up and tapped a kidney. Using my scale, it read 150.6lb and 14.7%. No need to take the percentage seriously, it's probably at least 3% off, but it will be useful to account for decreases in fat mass. I'll take weight measurement 1x per week, on Mondays here on out.

    Yesterday's Intake:
    2x Tbsp chia seeds for fiber
    2x 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
    2x leftover thin crust pizza
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Rethink's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    55
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    36.6%

    You really need to do some resistance training otherwise you will lose fat free mass at a rate of 1 pound of fat free mass per 4 pounds of fat lost. This is the expectation of weight loss without resistance training in scientific literature.

    I understand you can't use your home gym until your renovations are complete but you can still do calisthenics exercises which should address the problem.

    Many different types of pushup variations, body weight squats and ab exercises can all be done without equipment. If you can find a place to do the different chinup/pullup variations then you have a complete body workout with calisthenics.
  5. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rethink View Post
    You really need to do some resistance training otherwise you will lose fat free mass at a rate of 1 pound of fat free mass per 4 pounds of fat lost. This is the expectation of weight loss without resistance training in scientific literature.
    Well, how 'bout we (I) put that to the test. I was able to schedule a BodPod session for Wednesday of next week, so I'll have an actual LBM/FM reading to go on. The tester won't be available again until sometime in January; I probably, realistically, won't be able to schedule until late January, anyway. The big "IF" is if I can maintain what I expect to accomplish between now and then. If the results are comparable or worse than you state, then I'll clearly have to change course. If it proves to be more damaging, then it won't be too long of a depression. I still have until July to work things out.

    The other variable is supplements. I haven't even taken anything for a week. I remember reading about how anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants might be a factor in inhibiting training adaptations. This made me wonder if said supplements may inhibit the adaptation of losing weight. And, if so, it stands to reason that others may inhibit the loss of LBM.

    That said, I've generally agreed with much of the stuff you've shared with others.

    Ok, so to today's info. I'll try to provide caloric content if I can.

    2.5 mile walk w/ dog chow, wearing 30lb vest

    Had a couple cans of Coke Zero

    Main meal:
    1 tbsp chia seeds - 60 cal
    1 jar spaghetti sauce - 400 cal
    5 frozen meatballs - 333 cal

    Last "snack":
    1 tbsp chia seeds - 60 cal
    2 tbsp coconut butter - 180 cal
    1 Guinness Extra Stout - 180 cal

    Estimated intake of 1213 cals, not too bad. Extended the feeding window to 9 hours, since a side job sort of screwed me over. But will resume 11am - 7pm eating schedule I've set. Accidentally dropped some solid coconut butter remnants on the floor and found out dog chow is a fan of it, now. Off to the store to get some apples, eggs, spaghetti sauce (10 for $10 sale!) and double-fiber wheat bread.
  6. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Day 3: 2.5 mile walk, no vest. Very difficult time getting moving this morning, but made it through. Messed up a bit, as I took an extra handful of sunflower seeds during a conversation at work and almost forgot to count the chia seeds. Slightly overshot the goal, but it is still much, much better than the entire large pizza that I could've ordered and eaten, like I did last week before Thanksgiving.

    11am meal
    1 cup Mozzarella Cheese = 320
    1 apple = 80

    Sporadic snacking at work:
    3/4 cup Sunflower Seeds = 540

    6:30pm meal
    1/2 cup Mozzarella = 160
    1 apple = 80
    2 oz beef jerky = 120
    1 tbsp chia seeds = 60

    1280 calories.
  7. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Yesterday: Walked 3 miles. Started off good, but ran into one of a handful of challenges that I expect to face until the New Year. Already finished eating this:

    1/4 cup pumpkin seeds 180
    1 cup mozzarella 320
    2 bread slice 100
    2 tbsp sunbutter 200
    2 Apples 180
    1 tbsp chia 60
    2 scoops protein 200

    But after that, I had to fix a computer and, as was the case numerous times before, the reward was a home cooked meal. Since they're elders, and they still know me as an eater, I didn't make a stink about it (it was steak, after all). But I probably ate double my total for the day, so I will be focusing on eating minimally today. I'll be having some coffee and taking my bag of chia seeds with me.

    Speaking of challenges - yesterday was an emergency/surprise, but with the many holiday parties at work, at least I know in advance when they are and can plan ahead by extending my fast. I'll also be spending Christmas with a friend's family, and that might require 2 a day walks that week. Once that's over, things will calm down.
  8. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Ok, so I likely ate around my usual goals, anyway. Did not walk first thing this morning, but just got back from walking 3 miles with the 30lb vest. Pace was a little faster than usual, but that may have been aided by the pint of diet Dr. Pepper I had beforehand. Oh, and the numerous deer that dog chow wanted to chase.

    1 cup Mozzarella = 320
    1 tiny apple = 60
    1/4 cup sunflower seeds = 180
    3 tbsp chia seeds = 180

    That's 740 calories of measured intake. Enjoyed a couple of cookies at work and one rum ball (it was a special treat for the office, so I had to test). Even though it wouldn't seem like much, I'm going to say it was likely 500 calories on top.

    As it stands, complying with this approach hasn't been too hard these 5 days. Getting up around 5:40am and falling asleep by 10-11 has helped a lot, because there's no nighttime craving / hunger element. On the other hand, I get annoyed pretty fast with the mozzarella servings, because I get mad cravings once I've had a 1/2 cup. I don't seem to experience the same thing when I eat 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds. I felt most satisfied when I ate the pasta sauce and meatballs, so I'll probably repeat that more often. Still have many varieties of foods to try. Feeding window has been between 10-11am and 6-8pm, except yesterday.

    Weekends are the next challenge. Normally, I enjoy them as lazy days and eat pretty heavily, especially around college football and NFL on TV. This time, I'm going to skip my normal pizza and consume the bread and apples I got a couple days ago. The money saved on the pizza can go toward my Bodpod tests... haha. Speaking of, I'm really looking forward to this coming Wednesday for my stats.
  9. New Member
    2610jimbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    79
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    12.9%

    You need to start eating alot more calories than that. You're more active then me, weigh more than me, and taller than me yet you eat less than half of what i eat. I eat 2600 calories and still lose weight. You should also be consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to help preserve muscle mass.You're supposed to multiply you're bmr buy an activity factor to find the amount of calories needed to maintain your weight THEN subtract 300-500 calories. I would say you have an activity factor of 1.4 so multiply your bmr by 1.4 THEN subtract 300-500.I promise you'll lose weight and preserve at least some muscle mass if you follow my advice.
  10. New Member
    2610jimbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    79
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    12.9%

    EDIT: I weigh more than you but STILL follow my advice!
  11. Advanced Member
    Domenic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    25780
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

    In for this. I share your thoughts on 1,000-1,200 calories a day... I'm down 87 pounds this way, and did I lose a little muscle? Of course. Did I lose nearly as much as everybody seems to think... nope.

    Keeping an eye on your journey.
  12. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by 2610jimbuck View Post
    You need to start eating alot more calories than that. You're more active then me, weigh more than me, and taller than me yet you eat less than half of what i eat. I eat 2600 calories and still lose weight. You should also be consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight to help preserve muscle mass.You're supposed to multiply you're bmr buy an activity factor to find the amount of calories needed to maintain your weight THEN subtract 300-500 calories. I would say you have an activity factor of 1.4 so multiply your bmr by 1.4 THEN subtract 300-500.I promise you'll lose weight and preserve at least some muscle mass if you follow my advice.
    Well, I'm flattered that you think I'm more active, but, truth be told, this is what a typical day for me looks like:

    Get up, take a long walk with the dog, then go to work and sit at a desk. Come home, sit at another desk, then go to bed.

    For fat loss, I think we all eat more calories than we need, and at the same time, we think we're burning more calories than we think we are. Furthermore, at least regarding men, there's a fascination with bigger size and larger numbers on the scale. I have been guilty of this pretty much my whole adult life, and now I'm thinking the opposite. The idea right now is to influence my body to start using the "battery" of fat I've enabled it to collect over these last few years. I realize that I'm also doing this the lazy way, utilizing a deficit though lower food intake, minimal cardio and that further rubs some people the wrong way. But, hey, that's why it's my thread

    Let's also consider that I suffer from the male disease of shortness and smallness. A pound of fat probably realistically requires -4000 calories to be liberated. As a small fry, I sure have to do a hell of a lot of work to reach such a deficit! Adding more calories to my intake is not going to help, though my visceral fat would take exception. This goes hand in hand with why I chose walking - it's impact is low on my CNS, but it's reward is high for my health, not to mention it makes me stay outside for 40 minutes. If I added more stress, like weights, or HIIT, or running, it stands to reason I'd be burned out and chronically tired during the day. Hell, I could only hope my activity factor is 1.4, because that'd make things easier, but I think that's being too optimistic. Maybe if I wore that 30lb vest all day... haha

    Mind you, saying all this does not mean I blindly dismiss or discredit other approaches. I'm just firmly behind the choice I've made for myself, and I want to share the findings.

    The light is at the end of the tunnel. Once I get to a nice, low fat level, I can start another log and enjoy the welcome calorie increases afforded to me by the Leangains approach and resistance training. There's that cliche that hard work pays off. This is the hard part, and I hope the payoff is just as awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    In for this. I share your thoughts on 1,000-1,200 calories a day... I'm down 87 pounds this way, and did I lose a little muscle? Of course. Did I lose nearly as much as everybody seems to think... nope. Keeping an eye on your journey.
    Thanks for stopping by. I think your losses are impressive! That's more than half of me, and I bet it took some strong will. But the best part is that you're somewhat younger, so the sooner you get that part out of the way, the sooner you can take advantage of the lean mass gains that life can afford you right now.
  13. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Oh, before I forget...

    Got up at 6, walked 2.5 miles. Started the feeding window early, like 10:30am, but ended before 5pm. I admit, it was a little tough because I am at home, surrounded by food, so I think I got in around 1480. I kept myself busy by cleaning up my computer room, and though I overshot, it's doing me better than a 3k calorie + pizza.

    1 larger apple = 100
    2 slice double fiber bread = 100
    2.5 tbsp Sunbutter = 300
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds = 360
    1 small apple = 60
    1/4 cup chia seeds = 240
    1 cup mozzarella = 320

    Among other news, the grocery store has boneless pork chops on sale, which is awesome, because they're satiating as hell, and I also really want to try this 1/2 pound, 1000 calorie beef burrito idea that I came up with in another thread.
  14. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Had crappy sleep, presumably because of too much caffeine / diet soda, but still got up at 6am and walked 2.5 miles with the dog.

    Feeding window started at 11:30am-ish, ended around 5:20pm. Really had to stop so I wouldn't consume more. Total intake 1380 calories today. Looking forward to work and its distractions.

    1/2 cup pumpkin seeds = 360
    2 double fiber bread slices = 100
    2.5 tbsp sunbutter = 300
    1 tbsp chia seeds = 60
    2 smallish/medium apples = 140
    2 hard boiled egg = 160
    2 double fiber bread slices = 100
    1/2 cup Mozzarella = 160

    Gonna try some artificially sweetened jams so that I can eat more of the bread with less calories. Will also consider buying a handful of the more expensive red delicious apples, as a half peck bag of this other kind is just too many and I can't eat all of them before some get rotten. Fasted stats to come tomorrow morning.
  15. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Awakened at 5:45, took a leak and gathered measurements.

    Stat: Current (last week)
    Scale Weight: 145.2 lb (150.6 lb), 13.8% (14.7%)
    Waist at navel: 33.25 in (34.5 in)
    Right Upper Leg, standing: 20.8 in (20.5 in)
    Right Upper Arm, unflexed: 10.8 in (11 in)

    Name:  wk2 - fullfront.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  71.5 KBName:  wk2 - fullside.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  73.7 KBName:  wk2 - upperhalffront.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  76.1 KB

    Not adept at taking self pics, but I should've shot one last week, because it would be quite obvious how much larger and bloated my stomach was at that time. This week is a good start, but let's see what happens into next week.

    Oh, I did happen to find a pic that I snapped in January, when I was about 153lb. It's somewhat close to what I would've started with on Monday 11/28, which includes all the eating and drinking I did over the holiday.

    Name:  beginning.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  60.4 KB
  16. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Feeding window was 11:30am to 6pm.

    2 hard boiled eggs = 160
    1 tbsp chia seeds = 60
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds = 360
    1 jar mushroom & pepper pasta sauce = 400
    5 meatballs = 333

    Damn it, keep hitting 1300 cals. Well, I'm not entirely worried about that, because I gave my dog a portion of the 2 eggs I ate, but I'm counting it in full, anyway. Gonna get some shopping out of the way later on.

    One thing that sucks, though, is it's supposed to rain quite a bit between now and the next couple days, which may impact my walks. If it just conveniently stops between 5:45-7am, I'll be happy.
  17. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Didn't walk today because it was rainy. Looks like more of the same for tomorrow, which is annoying on many fronts. I have my measurement tomorrow morning, but since traffic will suck donkey dick, it's probably gonna waste the entire morning. I'm gonna take my scale weight / % and compare to what I find out tomorrow.

    Feeding window started at 11am but had to extend until 8pm because I got home late from work and the pork chops took a half hour.

    Anyhow, oven roasted some pork chops - found out that they taste really good with fiery hot and Caribbean jerk seasoning. Not sure how to count the cals because sources vary wildly. It could be from 550-700 cals.

    1 Apple = 100
    1 tbsp chia seeds = 60
    4 double fiber bread slices = 200
    4 tbsp sugar free jam = 40
    3 small pork chops ~0.6 lb ~=550-700
    1 cup mozzarella to finish off the bag = 320
  18. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Ok, results are in.

    Weight: 146
    Fat %: 16.5

    my scale , this morning, said 145/13.8% for comparison.
  19. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Ok, now that I have some time and a computer upon which to post...

    So, it was my second time around with the Bod Pod:

    Name:  bodpod.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  74.5 KB

    The printout I received also provided me the readings from my last measurement, which was interesting.

    Name:  wk2 - bodpod - now vs then.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  73.2 KB

    In late March, the reading was 14.2% body fat. This is what it looked like:

    Name:  14percent.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  69.4 KB

    I haven't lifted much at all since Mid-July. Didn't walk that much, either, since I had lost the desire to get up at 5AM to walk before the big-time heat set in. Plus, walking my dog in 90 degree heat is abusive. (This is among other personal issues and work travel in April, July, and August).

    Since that initial reading, I have gained 3.398 lb of fat and have lost 0.908 lb of lean mass. Granted, a lot of time has passed, so I can't know for certain if that drop happened as a result of what I did just now, or over time. It will just have to be seen whether this changes when I see the dude for another reading, probably mid-late January. I'm actually surprised this wasn't worse, because I was really eating like a pig, and at any/all times of day!!

    The RMR calculation, clearly, is based on the fat free weight, but it should help demonstrate why I think it's best to keep my calories at or very near what I proposed. The provided estimated TEE measurement is a generous 1.51 multiplier, but for practical purposes, the 1.28 multiplier is probably the best value (1887) to use as a baseline.

    Going forward, this is where it gets interesting. Since 11/28, I have intentionally avoided supplement use. However, thanks to Dr. Houser, I've been learning some interesting things here, and am itching to put together a regimen which might help the progress along and, hopefully, mitigate some of the lean mass losses.

    So, what's the opposite of progress? Did you say, "congress"? Indeed, my body's constituents are screwing around and arguing about the calorie deficit right now. This was expected, but through willpower, I am going to force a resolution through continued deficit spending (haha) because I want the debt to increase! I shall have my way and build a bigger calorie burning workforce by way of free fatty acid refunds to my middle section.

    Anyway, today I was treated to Subway for lunch at noon. It was a reward for fixing up another computer. Got a foot long BMT with lettuce, tomato, green peppers, hots, and black olives. No cheese, because for some mysterious reason, they did not have Swiss. And a bag of Doritos. Since getting home, I've had a hard boiled egg and an apple, and I'll likely have a couple of bread slices w/jam just to add some insoluble fiber. Not sure what the total intake was, but I will allow things like this when they occur, because it's a small price to pay for increased job security.

    Still looks like the weather's gonna be wet and crappy, so I probably won't walk tomorrow. Stop being wet and just snow, damn it. It'll make the walk nicer and more challenging.
  20. Advanced Member
    Domenic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    25780
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

    Lot of detail, man. Impressed.
  21. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Thanks for checking in, Domenic. Glad to know some are watching.

    Today's stuff:

    Didn't get up until 8AM, but finally had a chance to walk. Decided that I had to use the 30lb vest since I missed the last two days. 2.5 miles w/dog chow.

    Oddly enough, once I got home, I felt pretty invigorated, and this would last pretty much up until maybe a half hour ago (6pm), after I had some protein powder. Now I feel like I'm fighting off drowsiness.

    Feeding window was 11:30am-6:30pm.

    Decided to take some supplements today. Couldn't believe how many it was after I wrote it down, but some I am just trying to exhaust so I can get rid of them without feeling like I completely wasted the purchases.

    1 scoop Watermelon Xtend in 16oz water
    2g NOW Beta Alanine
    1g Vitacost ultra DHA (1g DHA / 0.2g EPA)
    1.8g Vitacost Turmeric Extract w/10mg Bioperine
    1.7g Swanson Cinnamon Bark
    200mg Swanson Ubiquinol
    250mg Healthy Origins Citicoline
    1.6g Carlson Phosphatidyl Choline (from 4.8g complex)
    10mg NOW Astaxanthin
    2g NOW Krill Oil
    1.5g Prosource Fish Oil (0.9g EPA / 0.6 DHA from 2.5g concentrate)
    300mg Swanson R-Fraction Alpha-Lipoic Acid
    500mg Vitacost Trans Resveratrol (From 1g Herbal Extract)
    2g Vitacost Blueberry Extract
    1g NOW Holy Basil Extract
    500mg Swanson Fenugreek
    400mg Carlson Magnesium
    400mg Swanson Mustard Seed Extract
    NOW ADAM Multiple

    Meals: ~1210 cals.
    10 oz Pork Chops = ~550
    1 apple = 100
    1 tbsp chia seeds = 60
    Supplements = 100 (the fat content from the fish/krill oil, DHA, and Phosphatidyl Choline)
    2 scoops Dymatize Elite XT in water = 250
    4 slices double fiber bread = 100
    5 Tbsp sugar free jam = 50

    Interestingly, the only time I felt really ready to eat was at the first meal. That was 3 small, seasoned, roasted pork chops, followed by an apple. The fiery 5 pepper seasoning really rocks.

    Name:  pork chops fiery.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  172.0 KB

    I also ordered some Poseidon NT to see if it'd help me actually achieve consistent, restful sleep. Hope to have it by tomorrow so I can test it this weekend.
  22. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Started the morning with a 2.5 mile walk & 30lb vest. Could've nearly torn my right hip flexor after a sudden slip on the frost covering one of the many pedestrian bridges on my walk path. I'll probably go without the vest tomorrow just to ease things, but it's just a minor tweak.

    Feeding window was 12:30pm-8:30pm.

    Supplements:

    1g Vitacost ultra DHA (1g DHA / 0.2g EPA)
    1.8g Vitacost Turmeric Extract w/10mg Bioperine
    1.7g Swanson Cinnamon Bark
    200mg Swanson Ubiquinol
    250mg Healthy Origins Citicoline
    1.6g Carlson Phosphatidyl Choline (from 4.8g complex)
    10mg NOW Astaxanthin
    2g NOW Krill Oil
    1.5g Prosource Fish Oil (0.9g EPA / 0.6 DHA from 2.5g concentrate)
    300mg Swanson R-Fraction Alpha-Lipoic Acid
    500mg Vitacost Trans Resveratrol (From 1g Herbal Extract)
    2g Vitacost Blueberry Extract
    500mg NOW Holy Basil Extract
    500mg Swanson Fenugreek
    400mg Swanson Mustard Seed Extract

    Meals: ~1240 cals.
    8 oz Pork Chops = ~450
    1 apple = 100
    1 tbsp chia seeds = 60
    Supplements = 100 (the fat content from the fish/krill oil, DHA, and Phosphatidyl Choline)
    1 Scoop of Syntha 6 = 200
    6 DumDumPops = 150
    1/4 cup Sunflower seeds = 180

    Finished off the last of the pork chops. Damn, those were good. Also got my Poseidon Night Time as expected, gonna see if it assists with sleep.
  23. Advanced Member
    Domenic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    25780
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

    Jealous of pork chops and Dum Dums.
  24. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    Jealous of pork chops and Dum Dums.
    Haha, don't be. Nah, I'll give you that. I'm no Emeril, but these chops came out good. Store also has a sale on chicken breast this week, and the price of boneless pork chops only went up 50 cents a pound, so I might get more. I also went and ordered a slow cooker, with the hope that I could use it to prepare larger quantities of food. It'd be perfect - I could fill the thing full of meat & spices in the morning and have it ready to eat after work. It's actually pretty cool - it comes with a carrying pouch so you can make stuff and conveniently take it to parties.

    Anyway, it's been a long day on short rest. Tested out Poseidon NT last night, found out that 2 scoops of it provided an agonizing niacin flush. However once that finally subsided, I proceeded to have a crazy/odd dream. Still got up at 6AM, and walked the dog 2.5 miles without the vest. No lingering pain from my hip flexor now, but it was slightly aching in the morning.

    Tried to take a nap, only succeeded in getting one hour before my neighbor called. I had planned to lend her my chipper/shredder, but had no idea when she'd ask. The abbreviated sleep sucked, but I've been up and active since then.

    Later, I picked up and moved all my dumbbells and free weights, lifted some of the rubber mats on my basement floor, and moved the cable machine so I could run my newly acquired Hoover carpet cleaner. Also had some Sporicidin mold killer / disinfectant to use with the wash. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but so far, the basement smells a LOT nicer than it did. Might have to do it over again, if only because I could not believe how much dirty waste water there was.

    Today's stuff: Feeding window 12:30pm - 6:30pm. Screwed up at the very end; I involuntarily dumped 2 scoops of protein instead of the 1 scoop I intended. ~1400 calories today.

    Meal 1: 1 Newman's Own Margherita Thin Crust Pizza = 840
    Meal 2: 3 slices of bread + 5 Tbsp Grape sugar free jam = 200
    Meal 3: 2 scoops of Ultra Peptide Cinnamon Roll in water = 360

    No supplements - because I plain and simply forgot.

    Tonight, I'm gonna go easy on the Poseidon, but I'll also have the advantage of being exhausted.
  25. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    All in all, a mildly lazy day. No, scratch that, a lazy day. After being exhausted last night, and with a little help from Poseidon NT, I was not in the mood to get up at 6AM. I ended up struggling to move at 11AM. Eventually, I'd take another pass at cleaning the basement carpet. There was still a some dirt and grime, but nothing compared to yesterday. Then proceeded to have my blood pressure elevated by the Lions game (don't laugh).

    Haven't walked yet, but haven't ruled out a night walk, either. If I do, I'll mention it tomorrow, otherwise I'll just wait until morning.

    No vitamin supps again. Feeding window started at 11:30 & ended at 6pm.

    Meals: ~1355
    3 egg (225), 2 hotdog (300) omelette = 525
    1 apple = 100
    1 Tbsp chia seeds = 60
    1 bottle pasta sauce = 350
    2 italian sausage links = 320

    Ultimate lazy bastard man omelette. Even though it's a little burned, I don't mind it that way.
    Name:  hotdog omelette.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  140.0 KB

    It's funny - right now, I feel like I have succeeded in dealing with most cravings - at least those outside the feeding window. However, I also haven't had a beer since the last time I mentioned Guinness in my log, and that's starting to annoy me like crazy. It's also winter time, the season of dark brew, and that's all I really like - stouts and porters. Trying to hold out until the holiday parties start at work, which is the week of the 19th.
  26. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Took a scoop of Poseidon NT last night, and while I didn't fall asleep quickly (stupid Cowboys / Giants game) I feel like I got adequate rest. I did get awakened a few times but each time I was able to fall back asleep. Dog chow got up growling because she heard more wild animals outside, but luckily she did so just before my alarm went off. Much unlike yesterday, I was able to rise and move like I had a purpose.

    Awakened at 5:45, took a leak and gathered measurements. Same as last Monday.

    Stat: Current (last week)
    Scale Weight: 145.4 lb (145.2 lb), 13.9% (13.8%)
    Waist at navel: 33.06 in (33.25 in)
    Right Upper Leg, standing: 20.69 in (20.8 in)
    Right Upper Arm, unflexed: 10.75 in (10.8 in)

    Name:  wk3 - fullfront.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  70.6 KBName:  wk3 - fullside.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  72.0 KBName:  wk3 - upperhalffront.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  80.8 KB

    Then I took a 3 mile walk w/ 30lb weight vest. T'was a tit bit nipply at 24 degrees.

    Even though the weight and relative percentage measured from my scale have barely increased, the important part is that the waist decreased. A reduction of only 3/16 of an inch is better than an increase or no change at all. I'm sure it didn't help my cause when I didn't walk for 3 days this week; 2 due to crappy, rainy weather and another because I was just too dead tired to get up early.

    Nonetheless, I expected my body to resist and throw a tantrum. It's only tried by making me feel cold and tired, and on occasion, depressed. Thank goodness for fleece sweat pants, fleece blankets, and gas heating.

    Keeping tabs on the basement cleanup aftermath. If it passes my sniff test over the next couple days, it will be a huge breakthrough.
  27. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Ended up being a good, busy day. Decided to kill some remaining leave so I could finish off the basement cleaning. Spent a lot of quality time down there, in fact. No nasty scents were lingering. And, I practically got in a "lifting" session, since I rearranged all of the free weights and plates, including a couple deadlifts so I could move my hex bar (with two 45lb plates) from one section to another. The new layout gives me more room around the leverage system, but now my chinup station kinda looks out of place. Oh, well, I'll deal with it for now.

    UPS came by and dropped off my slow cooker... and my Nitrean+ & Turbo Shaker mixing cup. Needless to say, I justified a little more intake not only because of the "lifting" and the walk, but because I needed to test out the shaker. It passed.

    BTW - those sneaky bastages at AtLarge Nutrition decided to do a 20% off AND free BCAA promo the day AFTER I bought my stuff.

    Among other things - I was making pork and beans and ran into a scare when my manual can opener just fell apart. I had to jerry-rig it 4 times with vice grips to open up a small can of Campbell's beans.

    Anyway, today's meals: 1340

    1 can pork & beans = 490
    2 hot dogs = 300
    2 scoops Syntha 6 = 300
    2 scoops Dymatize Elite = 250

    Gonna finally go shopping and get some chicken and beef...and a can opener. Maybe I'll get some pepperoni slices, too. I want to try a pepperoni omelette.
  28. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    2.5 mile walk with 30lb weight vest. Started eating window at 10AM because I was just plain hungry, and anticipating the use of my slow cooker wasn't helping any. However, that ended up becoming a semi-fail. Tried to make 2lb of chicken breasts, but it came out really dry, despite being super tender and falling apart. And, it was as if I had put almost no spices on it. Yet, my house smells awesome... whoopty ****. So, I ended up eating like 2/3 of this myself, and keeping the remaining third in the fridge to use for dog treats. Naturally, I went way over budget because I kinda hate leftovers, but at least I did so with tons of protein. 1680 on the day.

    Meal 1: 1 jar pasta sause (400) + 2 sausage links (320) = 720
    Snacks: 1/2 cup mozzarella (160) + 1 Apple (100) = 260
    Meal 2: ~1.3lb chicken breast = 700

    Did another sniff test in the basement. So far, awesome. I went to the area I designated as the 'trouble zone' and actually sniffed the carpeting there. Sure enough, there were faint hints of the telltale funk that fueled my concerns. Basically, there's about a 2 foot area inside of the sliding glass door which has/had a mildew smell. The area closest to the door, which wasn't covered with rubber mats, ended up being the cleanest. I started spraying cleaners there a while back, since I first presumed that the funk was concentrated in that area. Luckily, I was able to lift up the bench portion of my Powertec system and remove the mat. I still have half a bottle of Sporicidin left, so I'm gonna soak the hell out of the trouble spot with the carpet cleaner vac one more time, if only to really get it deep down in the fibers and also pick up where the mat used to be.

    Is it wrong to be a man and actually be giddy about cleaning? But hell, I'm one step closer to using my gym.
  29. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    I was taking inventory of food items yesterday and realized that I had some whole wheat tortillas whose "use by" date was approaching soon. Not to mention, I had lots of 85% lean beef to consume. So, I thought ahead and decided to increase my walk this morning to make up for some of the damage I knew I was gonna inflict. I went further down the path than usual, but decided to bring the phone/GPS to see how far it actually was. I used to think it was 4 miles, round trip. Turns out I walked 5.6 miles in 1 hour and 13 minutes (no vest).

    A couple hours after that, I was big-time hungry, so I browned about 1 lb of 85% lean ground beef. Mixed some pepper and hamburger seasoning in it for flavor, and warmed up 3 of the wheat tortillas. On each "burrito" I added 1/4 cup of mozzarella. It was so damn good and filling... but I couldn't finish it all. Dog chow didn't mind. If I had to guess, I ate only 90% of the meat. I was good to go for a long while, but after work I ended up having an apple and about a cup worth of sunflower seeds.

    3 tortillas = 450
    14 oz beef = 950
    3/4 cup mozzarella = 180

    1 large apple = 120
    1 cup sunflower seeds = 720

    Totals out ~2420.

    There's a silver lining to this, however. I know I doubled what I wanted to keep under, but this scenario gives me an idea of what I can do to mitigate what I know is going to happen during two of my work days next week with beer and holiday parties.

    While I was at work, though, it really made me think about better food utilization. Here at home, it's just me. The dog counts as maybe 1/4 of a person. All the things I can buy are good deals, but it's a huge quantity. I'm also really swayed by the recent report about the carb cycling being more effective, as it would lend credence to utilizing lean gains-like IF sooner. Add the fact that my mold problem is basically solved, so I can use the gym to work out. But best of all, it does allow a slight bit more intake, which is more practical than I've been doing thus far. And, I've moved up from being a ****ty cook to a barely adequate one.

    Now, food for thought. I went to the nifty IF calculator to run my numbers. I presumed I was still at 146 lb / 16.3% fat, and I chose sedentary for the activity factor. Very interesting stuff, not to mention, still quite practical.

    Ok, so here's a presumable breakdown of rest / workout days:

    Name:  wk3 - lgcalc.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  118.0 KB

    And, this is how it could potentially play out:

    Name:  wk3 - lgcalc2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  130.8 KB

    If I could reasonably maintain that schedule, I'd be in great shape, literally and figuratively, for my goal deadline of July. Gonna have to sleep on it.

    Among other good news - can't wait to try some DS Craze tomorrow morning before I leave for work.
  30. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Ok, so yesterday was really busy and a little crazy.

    Yesterday's exercise was 3 miles without the vest. I went to work, expecting to fast the entire day so that I could come home and make another pound of beef for burritos. Well, just before 1pm, a coworker calls me and says, "hey, come to the lab, there's food!" and I'm like, "what?! there's a holiday party I didn't know about?" but I had to do my part and sample the goods. Not sure how much I ate, but it was at least my daily goal of 1200, if not more.

    However, prior to that, I took about 4/5 of a scoop of DS Craze, because I wanted to test it out. Normally, I have this energy lull 1-2 hours after I walk in the morning, and it takes a lot of effort to snap out of it so I can get my ass in gear and start moving. Well, I decided that it'd be a perfect time to dose it.

    Surprisingly, an hour later, its effects were noticed and I soon began to immerse myself with work. Ok, so back to the holiday party - after that, I pretty much worked non-stop until about 6:45pm, and had to take my work home with me.

    When I got home, I then proceeded to pan cook the remaining 2lb of ground beef, because it said that the use-by date was 12/13, and I had misread it as 12/15. ****! So I proceeded to eat what I believe was over a pound of 85% lean beef, spread amongst 4 burritos (whole wheat tortillas) with 1/4 cup mozzarella on each. Ah, man - I felt like I was gonna die... of satisfaction. Same for dog chow, as I gave her the remainder of the beef. She was knocked the **** out soon after.

    All said and done, I overate, but thanks to a little late-morning help from Craze, I was up from 5:45am until about 12:30am. Took my Poseidon NT and actually enjoyed nice sleep until I popped up, fresh (oddly enough) at 5:45am.

    Today:

    After the positive effects I experienced yesterday, I wanted to employ DS Craze in a different manner. Because I ate so much, I decided that I had to walk another 5.5 miles. This time, I would combine my usual 2.5 mile walk with the usual 3 mile walk. For this experiment, let's call my formula "B-Crazey". I took about 8 ounces of water and added a scoop of Craze along with ~10g of bulk, plain BCAA's. Took it in a couple swigs and headed for the door with dog chow.

    I didn't really notice anything until I was probably 3/4 of the way back to my house on the 3 mile portion of my walk. But, once again, the focus was on, and I was sure enough feeling ready to take on the remaining 2.5 miles. And, take it on I did. It's kind of amazing - I basically kept my same 4.5 mph (maybe faster this time, I don't know) pace like I was still fresh. Very interesting. Even better, there were hills that I just walked over without much difficulty or increased breathing. This is quite odd, because there are a couple of extended grades, and they usually make me huff at least briefly, once I reach the top. This time? No, it was like I was walking on flat ground. Same thing as I got closer to home. I hate that no matter which way I go, the last 1/4 mile home is uphill. I'm usually itching to just get it over with, but when I got in today, it was hardly a chore.

    As of this writing, I still feel quite ready to take on the rest of the day. I'm not jittery, my heart isn't racing, I'm not sweating profusely, I'm not overheated... nothing but a strong, positive, focused vibe. I have to admit, Craze exceeded my expectations. I thought the host of Super Human Radio was going overboard with his praise, and I thought some of the other user accounts were a little exaggerated, but I am a believer now. And, if this continues, it's going to make my fat loss / recomp journey much more fun.
  31. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Yesterday:

    After beginning the day with a long walk and serious improvement in motivation, I continued onto work and enjoyed more enhanced output. Only problem is, it was such a long day. Even though I had left early, I took some work home. That killed some time because I promised someone I'd stop by to do some computer fixing later that evening. I bought a case of Guinness Extra Stout, not only because I hadn't had a beer in so long, but it was inevitable, since I was gonna bring some to the many holiday parties we're having next week. Overall, what I ate yesterday was both disjointed and sporadic. I was focused at work and only had a couple of cookies and a rum ball, but after that, I had 2 beers and 720 calories of sunflower seeds. I was up from 5:45am until 1am, because I was focused on the work I took home. Long, busy days like this are not my norm, so I knew I was gonna have to take it easy the next day. Took some Poseidon NT and passed out. Not entirely certain of intake because the cookies and rum ball are unknown. It was more of a favor to the lab so that they wouldn't have to deal with leftovers sitting over the weekend.

    2 Guinness Extra Stout = 360
    1 cup sunflower seeds = 720
    Cookies / Rumball = ?? (guessing 600)

    Somewhere around 1680 seems like a reasonable.

    Today:

    Didn't get up until 11AM, but I really had to, as dog chow needed to drop some bombs. Went back to work on the damn basement, because the god damn odor came back. Soaked the known trouble areas with sponge mop and 2 gallons of mold killer this time. Finally finished up yesterday's take-home work and took a nap at 5pm. Then got up and came on here, because I must keep the log going.

    Feeding window was about noon until 5pm, when I napped.

    Intake: 1480

    3 Guinness Extra Stout = 540
    1 Newman's Own Margherita Thin Crust Pizza = 840
    1 Apple = 100

    Gonna do some reading around here, like I usually do, and also read about how to make better chicken in my damn slow cooker. I have to master this thing so I can surprise everyone at one of the the holiday parties at work. I've never brought anything, ever, and I've been around there almost 12 years. That reminds me, I have to see what's on sale this week at the grocery store.
  32. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Decided to do another test with my "B-Crazey" formula. Got up at 5:45am today and decided to combine my two walks, like I did on Friday, but unlike then, I put on the 30lb weight vest. Decided to run the GPS again to double-check the findings, and it reported a round trip of 5.42 miles, which I completed in 1 hour and 16 minutes. Not bad at all, given that I maintained my usual 4.3mph pace at 30lb more than my usual weight. It was about 29 degrees out, and I found it amusing that my shoulders had dew that was practically frost when I got back home.

    After a nice, refreshing shower, once again, Craze has me feeling quite positive and satisfied, so I'm gonna ride the wave and catch up on some tv episodes and possibly movies until football comes on.
  33. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Alright, let's see here.

    3 Guinness = 540
    1 cup sunflower seeds = 720
    2 scoops ultra peptide = 350
    2 scoops myofusion = 300
    3 hotdogs = 450
    2 cans pork and beans = 980
    1 apple = 100

    Ok, that's a lot. I count 3440, even though I didn't finish off the entire 2 cans of pork and beans, I still ate all the hot dogs I mixed in. I have to admit, I'm happy as hell, because my Lions are clutch, and the Skins took down the Giants, and Chiefs beat Green Bay. And, an acquaintance of mine had his granddad pass away, so per his request, I cracked open one extra Guinness. The feeding window started a little after noon and ended right at 8pm, when I finished the last beer and handful of sunflower seeds.

    Gonna throw on the Ravens game in a bit and watch that, and sip on some diet soda. But other than that, I kinda can't wait to rest and get up so I can take another hit of "B-Crazey". Of course, not until after I take measurements. Busy morning tomorrow, so it'll be great that I'll get to ride the effects of Craze through the middle of the work day.
  34. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Well, last night's Raven's game was a waste of life. That didn't matter too much, though, because I had to spend some quality time blowing up the bathroom. I wonder how much of my intake I really absorbed, since it seemed like much of it just went right through, unaltered. Note to self: go easier on the beans.

    That said, I awakened at 5:30am, took a leak and gathered measurements. Then I went for a 5.4 mile walk, sans weight vest. Once again, utilizing "B-Crazey". My face still hurts because it was 25 degrees and I was pushing the limit for the clothes I was wearing. Nonetheless, I feel accomplished and satisfied with the outing.

    The measurements seem a little odd, but I still think I had some circumference due to gas, thanks to last night. It figures - after I do the measurements, I get walking and instantly, it's like I let out a 2 pound fart. Nonetheless, some subtle improvement in the waist. Leg was a little bigger, while arm stayed the same. Probably just a little bloat from the aftermath of yesterday.

    Stat: Current (last week)
    Scale Weight: 146.2 lb (145.4 lb), 14.0% (13.9%)
    Waist at navel: 32.875 in (33.06 in)
    Right Upper Leg, standing: 20.81 in (20.69 in)
    Right Upper Arm, unflexed: 10.75 in (10.75 in)

    I think I walked almost 25 miles last week.

    Name:  wk4 - fullfront.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  87.1 KBName:  wk4 - fullside.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  74.7 KBName:  wk4 - upperhalffront.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  102.5 KB

    Two holiday parties coming up this week at work, not to mention feasting with a friend's family on Christmas, so it's gonna be tough. Can't go to a large Italian family's house and tell them I'm not eating.
  35. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    And the holiday parties continue.

    Yesterday, I ate some amount of cookies from 11am-1pm, then a couple Guinness between then and 7pm. I was later at a party for one of my side jobs. Had a few crackers with cheese and pepperoni, then proceeded home to try my latest slow-cooked chicken. I basically put the 2lb of breasts in 1 cup or water, with a ton of pepper blends and maybe 1-2 Tbsp of sea salt. Temp was set mid-high so it could be done in 4-5 hours. Got home and ate a little over a pound of that before 10pm. Not bad this time. Looked at the weather and thought it would be rainy the next morning, so I planned to get up an hour later, expecting no walk. Then took Poseidon and passed out.

    Today - next time, I will just get up at my normal 5:45am and if it's raining, I'll just curse the gods. It never rained this morning and I was pissed, so I went out late with dog chow. Took my B-Crazey and got to walking the 5.4 mile path, though this time I started with the 2.5 portion before the 3 mile portion. Forgot it was Christmas vacation, so everyone and their kids were out on the paths. Hate that, because it disturbs my pace. It was a necessary sacrifice, because the next party is happening in 3-5 hours and there's gonna be some good food and brew. As usual, feeling great from Craze and looking forward to the festivities.
  36. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Drank my B-Crazey and walked 5.4 miles this morning sans vest. As usual, nice mood, looking to get things done before work, during work, and after work.

    Yesterday, even if I clearly overfed, I still kept it between 12-8pm. I was so tired that I passed out at 9:30 on my own and forgot about Poseidon. Unfortunately, I woke up at midnight and had to force myself to lay down again around 2, so I could get some rest before my usual 5:45am wake up.

    So, today's party will involve pizza and beer, and it's been ages since I've had any non-frozen pizza. Can't wait for more merriment with more colleagues as we wind on down to Christmas and New Years.

    Trying to walk 5+ miles, weather permitting, during each day of feasts and gatherings. So far, so good. And, I can't wait to go to the Raven's game on Saturday, because they will really have something to play for when they face off against Cleveland.
  37. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Was busy opening my mail and got the results back from some blood work that I had to do in order to apply for a life insurance policy that my parents wanted to give me. It's actually very interesting, as it was done THE DAY AFTER Thanksgiving, sometime around noon.

    Cholesterol: 238
    HDL: 78
    LDL: 126
    Triglycerides: 166
    Glucose: 79

    There's some other stuff, but no flags, and the only things that were toward the high reference range were total cholesterol and albumin which was 5.3 g/dl. Maybe I can post a screenshot later, if anyone likes checking the numbers and interpreting.

    Just over 1 year prior, my cholesterol was:

    Cholesterol: 209
    HDL: 66
    LDL: 130
    Triglycerides: 65

    The increased triglycerides number is not surprising, since at that time of the testing, I was eating like king lard-ass. However, I was fasted only 3-4 hours for that appointment, whereas I hadn't eaten in over 12 hours last year.

    Anyway, sometime in the future I'll do another panel with (hopefully) a much better exterior composition.
  38. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Good day at work - basically had 3 beers and ate some pizza and girl scout cookies between 12-1:30pm, and then I had one more beer sometime later (4pm?) but that was the extent of my feeding window. I have not been hungry since then, nor have I had any cravings, which is good... and the next few days are a welcome change of pace. No gatherings / huge meals until the Raven's game on Saturday. Going to keep up the long walks, weather permitting.
  39. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8932
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why are you eating dum dums if your trying to loose fat?
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  40. New Member
    counterspy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  144 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    1064
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    16.15%

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    Why are you eating dum dums if your trying to loose fat?
    The long-winded explanation is that I don't bring much food to work... and when I'm eating so little, every now and then I won't deny myself a few dumb calories. The underlying point is that as long as I'm at a deficit, things like this just won't matter much - I'm going to lose fat. And, probably up 'til this week I have proven it so. I make no bones about the fact that I eat clean and dirty, and frame it with portion control and a leangains-style 8 hour feeding / 16 hour fasting window. No, I'm not going to instantly turn into a blimp like Weird Al in his "Fat" video because I had some candy, nor am I going to suddenly turn into a WW2 concentration camp prisoner right now because of my current methods of exercise.

    I'm glad you asked, because I wanted to stir things up a bit by going down a path less traveled. I am not conventional. Stubborn like a bulldog on a la-z-boy recliner? Yes. However, my will to succeed is high and I'm going to prevail. I've never even done a log before, but now that I am, I make sure to check in, and often. What's a story without a little drama?

    Now, speaking of this week - food has been plentiful - so much so, in fact, that I have not needed to go shopping at all this week. I'm well aware it goes against the grain of what I want to accomplish, but I had mentally prepared for this week in advance. Every day this week, M, T, W, T, and now F, I have walked 5.4 miles in the morning, fasted. The a-r-r-i-v-a-l (why is ar***** censored?) of Craze has helped me significantly with this, and while I am starting to feel a little worn, I feel damn good about what I'm doing. I've still kept my 8 hour feeding windows, so I've fasted 16 hours between last and first meals of the day.

    Yesterday - B-Crazey + 5.4 mile walk. Ate a few cookies a little after noon, then got a kit-kat bar from a coworker, so I ate that, too. Later on, I had a couple Guinness and at least a cup worth of sunflower seeds, a cup of mozzarella, and maybe half a cup of pumpkin seeds. Feeding window was about 12:30-8:30pm, but I didn't attempt to track things. In the middle of this, I celebrated one year of doggie adoption / rescue by giving dog chow a meaty ham bone. I also went back to work on the basement carpet, this time with a different cleaner and even more aggressive approach. After having fought off tiredness for much of the late afternoon and early evening, I passed out by halftime of the Texans / Colts game. Surprised to find that Indy won in the end.

    Name:  2011-12-22_16-07-57_196.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  64.9 KB

    Today, got up at 5:45am, took B-Crazey and walked another 5.4 miles. Left achilles is beginning to feel sore, and my pace was slower, for sure. Taking leave from work today, so there was no need to rush, anyway. Have to run a few errands + pay some bills. May take dog chow to the pet store to get one of those giant raw hides or some extra bones.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HCG and adipose development
    By Jupiter in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 04:22 PM
  2. Re-Emergence. Lean Ones' Chronicle
    By Lean One in forum General Chat
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
  3. Adipose Tissue: What is it & How to get rid of it
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in