Upper belly fat

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Upper belly fat

Call me weird but i feel and look as though im holding more fat in my upper abs then lower, surprinsgly enough i've been able to trim my lower abs more so then my upper. More specifically i just have fat around the bottom of the rib cage upper abs below the pec. Like i pinpoint the bottom of my rib cage and grab and get a good amount of fat. I've never really seen my top two abs but have seen my middle two its bizarre and i don't know how to change it.

I do a lot of cardio i eat clean and do regular ab work, my BF sits at arround 13% at 6'3 196 and just wondering if anyone had these problems or knows how to fix it.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Well knowing that you can't "spot reduce" any one area, you should just continue cutting and it'll come off at some point....

I did have a friend who always gained fat in his face first, then belly but after he got older he stopped gaining face-fat and now it just goes straight to his belly, completely bypassing his face! So I think it is possible that your body maybe started storing it more heavily in the upper abs.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

You can spot reduce. It just depends if you wanna do the injections...most don't.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    You can spot reduce. It just depends if you wanna do the injections...most don't.
    injections? aware me? Just curious what that means.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

i have the same problem, i think my body stores food in my upper belly region, even when i eat a big meal i only get discomfort in the upper part of my stomach, then if i look in the middle thats the part that bulged and then my my waist is smaller

i was doing research on this the other night but i was on my phone and didn't get far.....might want to look into the types of food you eat.....for example i've heard about ppl storing fat in different places just by eating grass fed beef or free roaming chicken
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i have the same problem, i think my body stores food in my upper belly region, even when i eat a big meal i only get discomfort in the upper part of my stomach, then if i look in the middle thats the part that bulged and then my my waist is smaller

i was doing research on this the other night but i was on my phone and didn't get far.....might want to look into the types of food you eat.....for example i've heard about ppl storing fat in different places just by eating grass fed beef or free roaming chicken
    Yea i feel ya, its weird like most people have that pocket of fat at the lower ab but thats not really the problem for me compared to my upper im not planning on cutting for quite a while just steady recomping atm so its a bit tough to get rid of it.

My diets clean not ideal atm since moneys a bit tight so my carbs are a bit higher then id like but this has been a consistent problem since i started lifting and my diets changed numerous times so i question whether its from diet or genetics, since literally everyone on my dads side has big bellies it may just be genetics.
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post

distended GI Tract inflammation?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. belly fat
    By dollarbill in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM
  2. Belly fat/abs help?
    By sub001 in forum Weight Loss