Getting rid of mid section fat

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
Have lost a total of 70 lb's in the past two years. I am currently at 184 5 9" and I have a problem getting rid of my midsection. I just wanted to know if it's the amount of carbs, calorie intake, or cardio? Any advice in getting rid of it and bulking maybe?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Midsection is difficult man, good luck!
I would keep protein high and if cutting your midsection down is your main concern I would say bulking is just out of the question.
What does your cardio entail?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the 70 pounds lost by the way man.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Add in some cortisol blockers to your diet and exercise plan?

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking into the lean gains diet, alot of people on here have had great success with it, awesome job on osing 70 lbs man, thats hard work! You won't really be able to put on much mass while leaning out your mid section, but you can do both slowly.

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
My cardio is usually about 20 minutes. Then I move on to what ever I am going to work out. Idk if I should boost my cardio up?
And yes it was hard work and I did loose some of it through bad dieting, but I'm really trying to tighten up because all the weight loss left excess skin.
& I'll look at the cortisol and see what it can do.
Masonmarin: if it helps me get abs like yours I'll be sure to try it. I'm only 18 & well I could use all the advice I could get. Each day I learn new things.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
My cardio is usually about 20 minutes. Then I move on to what ever I am going to work out. Idk if I should boost my cardio up?
And yes it was hard work and I did loose some of it through bad dieting, but I'm really trying to tighten up because all the weight loss left excess skin.
& I'll look at the cortisol and see what it can do.
Masonmarin: if it helps me get abs like yours I'll be sure to try it. I'm only 18 & well I could use all the advice I could get. Each day I learn new things.
Yeah man im only 19, that's not even a picture of me thats a bodybuilder named zyzz who passed away, im trying to get my physique like his. Lean gains diet would defintly help you shred up, look into it. Also a good website for information, if you like to read articles and stuff, is simplyshredded.com I love that sight haha.

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
Yeah man im only 19, that's not even a picture of me thats a bodybuilder named zyzz who passed away, im trying to get my physique like his. Lean gains diet would defintly help you shred up, look into it. Also a good website for information, if you like to read articles and stuff, is simplyshredded.com I love that sight haha.
Oh ok. Well I just looked into it and it seems simple. Would I take my protein w. the bcaas before my workout?
It seems really convenient since I go to school and work.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I am not to familiar with it, I just started reading on it last night, but if I remember you don't want to take anything besides bcaas until you eat your fastbreaker. If you don't have bcaa's that day I think it said to substitute it with your protein.

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
I keep reading over it and I do think protein is ok. It says that it doesn't count towards the fasting. Well thanks for the input and I'm going to start on this diet today.
Let's see how this goes!

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stop eating bad food, YouTube scooby bodybuilder, he has food layout plans. Your body fat is based on diet

Ession

Awards
Stop eating bad food, YouTube scooby bodybuilder, he has food layout plans. Your body fat is based on diet
Ugh plz stfu and go, Scooby is a joke. And "Bad food", whose to determine that.

Guess what? You can lose weight eating crap.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

OP, I'm currently doing a lean gains variant while staying in keto.

I use EC stack 2x a day, and I don't use BCAA during the day, but rather I use 1 scoop of protein 2x a day. BCAA are just too expensive to justify saving a pound or so of muscle.

I'll let you know how it works for me. (I have bi weekly refeeds btw)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That article is not a good way to show someone with a question such as the op's how to lose weight.
Eating crap to lose weight means you're losing more than fat, you're losing muscle too. Your body is eating muscle to satisfy itself past the crap-caloric intake being received.
OP if you want to lose hard earned muscle while losing fat go for it, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Just eat healthy and follow a plan.

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
That article is not a good way to show someone with a question such as the op's how to lose weight.
Eating crap to lose weight means you're losing more than fat, you're losing muscle too. Your body is eating muscle to satisfy itself past the crap-caloric intake being received.
OP if you want to lose hard earned muscle while losing fat go for it, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Just eat healthy and follow a plan.
Eating healthy is a plus. I can't eat junk and feel good. Thanks for all the input. Any supplements that will help me reach my goals will be greatly appreciated. Just tips I guess in food and cardio/strength training.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating healthy is a plus. I can't eat junk and feel good. Thanks for all the input. Any supplements that will help me reach my goals will be greatly appreciated. Just tips I guess in food and cardio/strength training.
Well insulin mimickers/gda's are great for someone with your goals. Slin Sane is the one that I swear by. Before you practice the art of GDA's though make sure you have gotten down the art of using carbs in your diet to your advantage. A little research on that and you'll be a pro.
Genomyx also makes some good topical fat burners that are worth looking into.
Beast Sports makes 2 products worth looking at, Amphetalean and 2Shredded.
And an AI like Erase or an all around cortisol control/test booster/estrogen managing agent like SuperTest would help in leaning out while hardening up.
But like I said earlier make sure you know how to diet first, otherwise you're just wasting your money.

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
Well insulin mimickers/gda's are great for someone with your goals. Slin Sane is the one that I swear by. Before you practice the art of GDA's though make sure you have gotten down the art of using carbs in your diet to your advantage. A little research on that and you'll be a pro.
Genomyx also makes some good topical fat burners that are worth looking into.
Beast Sports makes 2 products worth looking at, Amphetalean and 2Shredded.
And an AI like Erase or an all around cortisol control/test booster/estrogen managing agent like SuperTest would help in leaning out while hardening up.
But like I said earlier make sure you know how to diet first, otherwise you're just wasting your money.
Yea I agree. Just need to learn a bit more of how to take in carbs. Thanks for all the advice. I'll be sure to look them up. Just trying to absorb as much information as I can. There is always something new to learn.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I agree. Just need to learn a bit more of how to take in carbs. Thanks for all the advice. I'll be sure to look them up. Just trying to absorb as much information as I can. There is always something new to learn.
True statement, and it's great to see people posting in here that are willing to admit they have things to learn and want help. Definitely will get you more responses.

kidNeedofHelp

kidNeedofHelp

Awards
True statement, and it's great to see people posting in here that are willing to admit they have things to learn and want help. Definitely will get you more responses.
Always room for improvement. & that would be very helpful.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man you're on the right track, stay with it, healthier eating and going to the gym is probably one of the best things in my life right now.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Try Yohimbine HCL and definitely up the cardio to 45 minutes. Look into a carb cycling diet if you feel you're stalling. Good luck and focus on quality weight loss, not quantity.

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ugh plz stfu and go, Scooby is a joke. And "Bad food", whose to determine that.

Guess what? You can lose weight eating crap.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

OP, I'm currently doing a lean gains variant while staying in keto.

I use EC stack 2x a day, and I don't use BCAA during the day, but rather I use 1 scoop of protein 2x a day. BCAA are just too expensive to justify saving a pound or so of muscle.

I'll let you know how it works for me. (I have bi weekly refeeds btw)
LOL please go get "lean" eating whatever you want..

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It shouldnt just be about losing weight it should be about getting healthy too :thumbsup:..just like I dont think you should bulk with burger king as your staple lol

survey

Awards
You may need to examine your salt intake. You can have a reasonably low bodyfat % and if youre retaining water you'll look puffy and soft. Put on a thermal shirt and pants and skully while doing cardio. This may help reduce water weight and get you closer to your goal.