Supplements while losing weight (belly fat)

A

alewisdvm

Awards
Hello,
Currently:
Age 35
Weight 172
Body fat: about 21%
5'9"

I have lost about 3-4 pounds in past month. Mostly with not eating garbage and using elliptical trainer for 20-40 minutes every day.

Question:
1. I posted elsewhere about the use of Kre-Alkalyn during weight loss but didn't get many responses. Any comments if I need it now, should save for when bulking, etc...?

2. Why protein. I was taking ON Gold Whey. But, each serving is 150 calories. If I take 2 scoops throughout the day, that's another 300 calories I got to burn. Should I also not worry about supplementing whey? I am lifting weights 2-3x/week, and don't want to lose muscle, but wasn't sure if the advantages of whey overshadow the extra calories.

3. Any other good supplements for weight loss? I am not really into stuff like the ECA stack.
Wasn't sure of starting a CoQ10, etc..would be useful.

I am taking ON Amino Energy which does have a little caffeine (enough for me) and some green tea extract.

Thanks for any help.

androsoft

androsoft

Awards
ON protein is good to go, it only has 4g of carbs per serving. use 1 scoop 2x ED however you want to split it (ei morning/evening) if you lower down your carb intake you will loose your belly fat (i use to be 22% now down to 9%) find out your total caloric intake to loose fat via google search. eat alot of protein, moderate fat and low carbs. i lost all that weight without any fat burning supplements. remember you must be ready to accept this lifestyle change to be successful. good luck!

A

alewisdvm

Awards
Can someone give some examples of a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner that has low carbs?

In the morning I am eating:
1.5 cups mixed berries
3 hard boiled egg whites
1 ON whey shake
and I take a krill oil supplement, ON Amino Energy, and Green Vibrance green whole food supplement

Lunch:
Typically a subway turkey or chicken sandwich with provolone cheese. No mayo

Dinner:
typically a chicken or fish meal home-prepared

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
Currently:
Age 35
Weight 172
Body fat: about 21%
5'9"

I have lost about 3-4 pounds in past month. Mostly with not eating garbage and using elliptical trainer for 20-40 minutes every day.

Question:
1. I posted elsewhere about the use of Kre-Alkalyn during weight loss but didn't get many responses. Any comments if I need it now, should save for when bulking, etc...? dont buy Kre Alk creatine, creatine DiMalate would be better. Or creatine nitrate, creatine mono. Kre Alk isnt worth the pricetag and doesnt work to the extent it is suspose to

2. Why protein. I was taking ON Gold Whey. But, each serving is 150 calories. If I take 2 scoops throughout the day, that's another 300 calories I got to burn. Should I also not worry about supplementing whey? I am lifting weights 2-3x/week, and don't want to lose muscle, but wasn't sure if the advantages of whey overshadow the extra calories.
Dont worry about the cals from the protein powder, its not holding you back at all. You also need it to keep total protein intake high to hold muscle. Just make sure it is low sugar, low carb, low fat. (low as in 1-3g's of each)

3. Any other good supplements for weight loss? I am not really into stuff like the ECA stack.
Wasn't sure of starting a CoQ10, etc..would be useful.
I like N2burn, it has treated me well in the past 3.5wks. It has caffine + green tea and a whole mess of other great fat buring herbs, compounds, etc etc. check it out

http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Fat-Burners/N2-burn-p107.html

I am taking ON Amino Energy which does have a little caffeine (enough for me) and some green tea extract.

Thanks for any help.
answers in BOLD

A

alewisdvm

Awards
Thanks for info
I was have GI problems with pure creatine monohydrate, so that's why I wanted to try the Kre-Alkalyn. I already have it so will use it.

I'll push forward with the whey!