Cheat Day!

Jovee

Awards
What are some thoughts on a cheat day. I found eating the foods that I craved all week on my cheat day make me eat good all week. but is a cheat meal better than a cheat day. Can you really gain weight for eating bad 1 day out of the week?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What are some thoughts on a cheat day. I found eating the foods that I craved all week on my cheat day make me eat good all week. but is a cheat meal better than a cheat day. Can you really gain weight for eating bad 1 day out of the week?
It really depends on the rest of the diet, your current BF, etc IMO

I always do refeeds on saturday. The size is typically dictated by how lean I am.

I follow the "skiploading" principles.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
I think I just had a cheat meal!
I am bulking - but meant to be keeping it clean - my housemate came up with the idea of energy drink battered steak with onion rings and potato wedges.
And it seemed rude not to give it a go!
And it was Awesome!

Tomorrow I hit the gym HARD - my legs not gonna know what hit them............

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If you make it a cheat meal and not a cheat day where you scarf down 7-8K calories than you're fine. It also depends on how many calories you're consuming the other days of the week on top of your cheat day.

ianbell121

Awards
If you make it a cheat meal and not a cheat day where you scarf down 7-8K calories than you're fine. It also depends on how many calories you're consuming the other days of the week on top of your cheat day.
yup absolutely. i prefer cheat day on Sunday. but cheat meal is must be of short amount. because there is a lot of possibility to have much calories on cheat meal.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your following portion controls in your diet through the week, a cheat day is feasible. I almost went anorexia doing this. Dropped to 165 eating 1500kcal/day and gorging on any and everything I could on Sunday pizza, chinese buffet, cinnamon roles, boxes of cereals(CapNCrunch Berries mmmmm) etc.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
**** I eat probably almost double that on some of my "refeeds" lol 10k is usually on the low end of avg.

It just depend on a lot of factors. If you are 30% bodyfat, you likely aren't going to need the same refeed as someone who is say 6% bf, eating very little carbs throughout the week, etc.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
leptin wont rise that high after one cheat meal, refeed days are best once you get to 10% and lower. otherwise 1 meal.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always factor in a "Refeed" day at least once a week. Calling it a cheat seems to lower peoples discipline a bit too much. I also feel that a full out day of eating **** is wayy too much for most people.

Every 4th or 5th night on a diet ill have whatever i want for my LAST meal of the day following my workout. I usually opt for fat free ice cream and eat until i absolutely cant anymore, then i call it quits. The next few days are psychologically easier for me because of that, and i have something to look forward to during the periods of suffering. Do yourself a favor and dont go to lax, if you're doing a carb binge try and keep the fats low so calories dont get out of control. I've had full blown "Cheat Days" once a week and still managed to undo a weeks worth of dieting.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
i do cheat meals in a day only 2, spaced 8-12 hours apart. and always HIIT before first meal.

anyone notice they snore on refeeds/cheat where they otherwise wouldnt?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i do cheat meals in a day only 2, spaced 8-12 hours apart. and always HIIT before first meal.

anyone notice they snore on refeeds/cheat where they otherwise wouldnt?
hmm.. Interesting. My wife woke up last night to go sleep on the couch because she said I was snoring like crazy. I had pizza, and cheesecake for dinner.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
im telling u i sleep soundly on keto,

gimme carbs ill snore you outta the house!

my girl slept in guest bedroom lol

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im telling u i sleep soundly on keto,

gimme carbs ill snore you outta the house!

my girl slept in guest bedroom lol
See the weird part is, I actually slept better.. lol

I have been waking up at like 330-4am latley, today I made it to 7am.

Jovee

Awards
Because your metabolism is running! I sleep like hell through the week. That is why I take melatonin.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I prefer a "cheat meal" over a cheat day - i tend to gorge myself if I decide to do the whole day and it backfires.

It really depends on how your diet operates. During cycles of carb depletion I find that once a week going out and having a burger and fries works very well for me. Its taking a step back to take two steps forward - it may not even move backward if you find the right combo.

I wait till leptin is high - like sky high. I now when this happens just how I feel and im craving anything I see that looks like carbs. I try to pick workout days but that doesnt always happen. Then Ill satisfy myself with a cheat meal and it breaks through that plateau. The leaner you are the more frequent your cheats are because of the state of your metabolism. Its been mentioned here that if youre 30% - you probably should cheat at all. Once you get to that 10% and lower - it may be every few days. Even during a bulk diet I try to eat clean and have my one dirty meal during the week - usually Sunday when football is on.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established

Jovee

Awards
I made today my cheat day. Looks like I'll do about 3600 calories.( that is 350 protien, 280 carbs and 125 fat) I do 2300 on high carb days and 1900 on low carb day I feel full and my cravings are all gone. Until next week!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
If I can satisfy myself for one day at a time itll drive the rest of my week. I dig it. I wish I could eat that much - one day.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I made today my cheat day. Looks like I'll do about 3600 calories.( that is 350 protien, 280 carbs and 125 fat) I do 2300 on high carb days and 1900 on low carb day I feel full and my cravings are all gone. Until next week!
That is like breakfast on my "refeed" calorie wise..lol

However it is probably double that amount of carbs, 1/5th of the fat, and 1/4 of the protein.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
I prefer a "cheat meal" over a cheat day - i tend to gorge myself if I decide to do the whole day and it backfires.

It really depends on how your diet operates. During cycles of carb depletion I find that once a week going out and having a burger and fries works very well for me. Its taking a step back to take two steps forward - it may not even move backward if you find the right combo.

I wait till leptin is high - like sky high. I now when this happens just how I feel and im craving anything I see that looks like carbs. I try to pick workout days but that doesnt always happen. Then Ill satisfy myself with a cheat meal and it breaks through that plateau. The leaner you are the more frequent your cheats are because of the state of your metabolism. Its been mentioned here that if youre 30% - you probably should cheat at all. Once you get to that 10% and lower - it may be every few days. Even during a bulk diet I try to eat clean and have my one dirty meal during the week - usually Sunday when football is on.
just saying in normal individuals when leptin is high HUNGER and carb cravings should be lower from the lower instance of NPY and Agouti.

the cravings at that point arent from a leptin stand point its from you taste buds, and seritonin levels because your haoppy when u induldge in something you wantr to eat.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling i put them backwards. Oops. Thanks for clarifying that.