Im Sick. Help Me Get Better.

• Thread starter ex_banana-eater
  • Start date

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
I think I have the flu or something (I have a rather deep cough as well). Lately I haven't been able to keep anything down but I think that is starting to change.

So far what ive been having for food that has stayed down today

Zinc/vitamin C lozenges
Halls Cough Drops
Ricola Cough drops
Gargling Salt With Water
(I have stayed away from acetaminophen (sp) since I've heard its catabolic)
Green Tea
2 eggs
2 peices of whole wheat bread
v8 juice
drumstick

Any tips or tricks that have worked for you guys? Don't have any chicken soup at the moment.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Echinacea 900mg every hour. You'll be better in 1 day.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Fortunately, after years of drinking, I have devloped a talent. I can only vomit if I make myself. Take some duct tape and put it over your mouth, just re-eat whatever comes up. J/K, that sucks bro, try to eat your food and wash it down with water if you have to, worked for me last week. Beware, it was disgusting, I had no appetite and force-fed myself............nauseating.

Nicolai

Awards
Soups are usually good as long as they are not cream cuz the milk will make u hack **** up. Tea is also a good thing but i would go with decaf so u can get some sleep and heal up. u should jack up the vitamin c (if you haven't already) and the very anabolic stack of dayquil/nyquil is great. The most important one of all is that u better get at least 8-10 hours of sleep a day.

New Body

Awards
This is my Cold/flu remedy:

1. Dry vitamin A - I take a one time only loading dose for 200,000 units. This seems like a lot but we are talking one dose only, once per cold episode.

2. Esterfied and Buffered Vit C - I take 2000 mg (4 cap) every two hours for two days, then 3 times daily for 5 days. If this is not exactly the vit C you have at home, do not follow these instructions, it may make you sick.

3. Echinacea - I use standardized Golden Seal/Echinacea tabs ( 2 tabs 3 times daily for 2 days, then 1 tab 3 times daily for 5-7 days).

4. Bee Propolis - this has been called the Honey Bee's natural antimicrobial and I take 5 tabs 3 times daily for 4 days.

For the FLU (1-4 above) plus

5. Black Elderberry extract that has been shown in research to reduce the duration of the flu.

Good luck

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
this stuff is goin around. everbody around me is sick too. i just got over mine...echinacea and halls did it for me. killed my w/o last week too.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I just got over the flu a week ago and then Sunday I must've ate something bad and ended up getting the stomach flu. Really messed up w/my training. Sleep, soup and lots of fruit did it for me.

Andy2k

Awards
Get yourself some fresh root ginger, honey, and fresh lemons.

Cut a piece of fresh root ginger about 1 inch cubed into slices. Clean the lemon, and zest it; then extract the juice. Put everything in a glass/cup that can hold hot water, and add one teaspoon of honey. add some hot water, allow to steep for a few minutes, and then drink.

Ginger is excellent for settling GI problems.
Honey will provide a little energy, as will the lemon.

Ginger is antiviral, antifungal and anti-biotic.
Honey is antiviral and antibiotic.
Lemon is antibiotic, and antiviral. (Make sure you use the zest though - this is where the essential oils are)

Drink this half a dozen times a day.

Nicolai

Awards
Yeah, I just got over the flu a week ago and then Sunday I must've ate something bad and ended up getting the stomach flu. Really messed up w/my training. Sleep, soup and lots of fruit did it for me.
i had the same thing here... i thought i had food poisioning or sumthin cuz my stomach was hurting like a mofo and it lasted about a day and a half and still is with me a bit... but like 3 of my friends have had almost the same problem so i don't think it was bad food:confused:

New Body

Awards
Andy2k

Great idea, I'll try it. But just one thing, For someone who hardly ever spend time in the kitchen (like myself - my wife does all the cooking) what does it mean to zest a lemon.

Thanks

Nicolai

Awards
i think the zesting is when u grate the outside peel of the lemon... like with a cheese grater except the smaller one

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
i went to the doctor today and found out my flu turned to pneumonia. She gave me an inhaler and antibiotics

Nelson

You should take it easy with the training or take some time off until you at least recover.
I hope you recover soon.
Take care