Instant Oatmeal

  1. Instant Oatmeal


    Does anyone know anything about eating instant Quaker flavored oatmeal? I eat the low sugar one. It has a lot of sodium and I am trying to lower my sodium intake. How does it compare to the regular oatmeal? Any thoughts?


  2. I do know Quaker Oats makes a "weight loss" formula in 3 flavors, banana nut bread, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Each serving contains 27g of carbs and only 1g of sugar, as well as 0 fat, and it tastes great. Unflavored tastes like grass to me.

  3. I just eat regular old fashioned oats....instant might digest faster than old fashioned but i'm not 100%
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by thatonepolish View Post
    I do know Quaker Oats makes a "weight loss" formula in 3 flavors, banana nut bread, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Each serving contains 27g of carbs and only 1g of sugar, as well as 0 fat, and it tastes great. Unflavored tastes like grass to me.
    This is a staple for me. It's basically the main source for my PWO carbs. It also has one of the highest protein contents for readily available oatmeal and it's easy to toss into my magic bullet with a couple scoops of protein powder.

  5. If you're in this forum, it is best to avoid the instant oatmeals. Even if they are of the low sugar variety, they impact blood sugar adversly. Go with Old Fashioned (good) or steel cut (best).

  6. Instant= teh suck. Go the old fashioned route, better for u and an insanely better price/serving ratio
    Beast Sports Nutrition Representative
    www.beastsports.com

  7. Steel cut are the best, whole different taste and t

  8. Texture, only downside is they take long to cook, but worth it if you have the tine in the morning

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    If you're in this forum, it is best to avoid the instant oatmeals. Even if they are of the low sugar variety, they impact blood sugar adversly. Go with Old Fashioned (good) or steel cut (best).
    lol.....

    OH NO! Instant oaaaaats.

    It really is not that big of a deal. Seriously.

    Maybe if you are eating JUST that(and even then, it is likely negligible in the variety you are refering to), but as part of a meal, don't even worry about it.

    That banana bread "weight control" is ****ing delicious.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    That banana bread "weight control" is ****ing delicious.
    This man speaks the truth!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    If you're in this forum, it is best to avoid the instant oatmeals. Even if they are of the low sugar variety, they impact blood sugar adversly. Go with Old Fashioned (good) or steel cut (best).
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    lol.....

    OH NO! Instant oaaaaats.

    It really is not that big of a deal. Seriously.

    Maybe if you are eating JUST that(and even then, it is likely negligible in the variety you are refering to), but as part of a meal, don't even worry about it.


    That banana bread "weight control" is ****ing delicious.


    Two VERY good examples of dialing in and not dialing in your diet. I can see my abs....distinctly. I jest, of course.

  12. I get the Old Fashioned Quaker Oats. They contain 0 sodium. I just add a little cold water and 1/4 or 1/2 a cup of oats. Good stuff.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE View Post
    Two VERY good examples of dialing in and not dialing in your diet. I can see my abs....distinctly. I jest, of course.
    You better at least throw up a pic now CHAMP..lol

    My diet is VERY dialed in. I just don't stress about such trivial **** as that.

    Do you not comprehend that as part of a whole meal GI is a ****ing useless tool, and the difference in BS is going to be negligible at best in the context we are talking about here.

    If you enjoy your steel cut oats, by all means EAT THEM, that isn't my point. My point is there is no need to get all worked up over instant oats such as "weight control" oatmeal vs "steel cut" oats when the difference is going to be so damn trivial it isn't even funny. Eat what you enjoy.

    It is 2011 not 1975, get with the program.
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 10-29-2011 at 06:16 PM.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    You better at least throw up a pic now CHAMP..lol

    My diet is VERY dialed in. I just don't stress about such trivial **** as that.

    Do you not comprehend that as part of a whole meal GI is a ****ing useless tool, and the difference in BS is going to be negligible at best in the context we are talking about here.

    If you enjoy your steel cut oats, by all means EAT THEM, that isn't my point. My point is there is no need to get all worked up over instant oats such as "weight control" oatmeal vs "steel cut" oats when the difference is going to be so damn trivial it isn't even funny. Eat what you enjoy.

    It is 2011 not 1975, get with the program.
    You're amusing....and I jest again, of course.

  15. Post your pic, or move on. If you are going to make some arrogant comment that some how would mean your diet is so dialed in and your knowledge is superior, based on your sickly detailed abs, while also making the assumption/suggestion i'm some fatty, at least back it up.

    I guess Layne Norton or anyone else that would agree with what I am saying is far inferior to your vast knowledge of oat digestion right?

  16. Name:  image-3797415363.png
Views: 221
Size:  844.7 KB

    Instant oats every morning!!!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47 019"/>

    Instant oats every morning!!!
    Add a banana, pb, cinnamon and some ground flax and it's going down!!! Oh yeah and don't forget the honey!!!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=47 019"/>

    Instant oats every morning!!!
    Lol. but your blood sugar brah!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

    Lol. but your blood sugar brah!
    Lol, I just had to get in on this one.....

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Post your pic, or move on. If you are going to make some arrogant comment that some how would mean your diet is so dialed in and your knowledge is superior, based on your sickly detailed abs, while also making the assumption/suggestion i'm some fatty, at least back it up.

    I guess Layne Norton or anyone else that would agree with what I am saying is far inferior to your vast knowledge of oat digestion right?
    I have nothing to prove to you. My input was for the benefit of the OP. I am in single digit BF percentile and I train competitive athletes and have for a long time. This is a place for sharing, I have done so. If it was at your expense, that is how you are free to take it. Again, I don't give a rat's backside what else you have to say. I am not here to swell my E-ego, just to help. I suggest you do so likewise.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE

    I have nothing to prove to you. My input was for the benefit of the OP. I am in single digit BF percentile and I train competitive athletes and have for a long time. This is a place for sharing, I have done so. If it was at your expense, that is how you are free to take it. Again, I don't give a rat's backside what else you have to say. I am not here to swell my E-ego, just to help. I suggest you do so likewise.
    Exactly what I thought...

    Read your post again. If you want to help the OP then post your opinion, don't act like Mr BiG ****, and then when called out on it back peddle.

    You came across like a giant douche, rather then just stating your opinion in a helpful manner, you act like you are the second coming of Ronnie.lol

    You appear to be the only one with an e-ego Mr distinctive abs.lol

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jovee View Post
    Does anyone know anything about eating instant Quaker flavored oatmeal? I eat the low sugar one. It has a lot of sodium and I am trying to lower my sodium intake. How does it compare to the regular oatmeal? Any thoughts?
    just eat raw steel cut oats man! big bag of quaker is pritty cheap. tome its the same ****.
    i even blend it into my protien drinks some times.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by dactyl View Post
    Texture, only downside is they take long to cook, but worth it if you have the tine in the morning
    i just add soem bloaling water ina bowl with it let it site for 5-10min while i make my coffee/capuccino and then there GTG thow in a sliced banana or soem cinnimon.
    I dont think it takes long.
    somtimes i dont even boil it i drink it down raw lol.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

  24. soem one needs to chill lol
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

  25. Why are people raging over oatmeal, seriously lol XD. If you eat plain oats and it works for you, thumbs up. You choose the instant kind (weight control per say) and it works for you, thumbs up. I eat both, but banana nut bread flavored instant Quaker oats tastes fkn great!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by thatonepolish View Post
    Why are people raging over oatmeal, seriously lol XD. If you eat plain oats and it works for you, thumbs up. You choose the instant kind (weight control per say) and it works for you, thumbs up. I eat both, but banana nut bread flavored instant Quaker oats tastes fkn great!
    And that is exactly my point. Eat what you ****ing like, and stop stressing over such minuscule details..lol

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    And that is exactly my point. Eat what you ****ing like, and stop stressing over such minuscule details..lol
    Hilarious quote.......for a weight loss forum.

  28. .........or any training/nutrition/supplement forum for that matter.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by SonicSWOLE

    Hilarious quote.......for a weight loss forum.
    Because in the context of what we are taking about it makes no damn difference, and I can't make that clearer.lol

    You seem to be the only one who thinks other wise lol.

    Layne Norton:
    No, there is no reason one can't have white rice, white bread, or the like when trying to lose fat. Most people are so concerned about the glycemic index of these foods that they don't realize the glycemic index is only measured when a carb source is eaten by itself. If you combine the carb source with a protein, fat, and fiber found in a complete meal, the glycemic index is essentially blunted and washed out by the other foods.
    Let me guess he too pales in comparison to your vast knowledge, and god like physique.

    We are debating rolled oats:
    Calories:150
    Fat:3
    Carb:27
    Fiber:4
    Sugar:1
    Pro:5

    Vs

    Quaker Weight control:
    Calories:160
    Fat:3
    Carb:29
    Fiber:6
    Sugar:1
    Pro:7


    So if one consumes 30g of carbs from either, as part of a meal to hit xx macro/calorie target, you are saying there will be a difference worth worrying about CORRECT?

    RIGGGGGGHT! lol

    PS I find it funny you have yet to post a reply with a shred of actual info. Every post is a smart ass one liner or about how awesome you are.
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 10-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.

  30. I would suggest the steal cut or old fashioned as well. They have no sodium and would be better for you. You can add cinnamon, slivered almonds, peanut butter, banana, or a number of other things to help the flavor.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. instant effect?
    By jw4285 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 01:43 AM
  2. "Weight Control" Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Splenda
    By Highlanda01602 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
  3. Instant Oats?
    By machwon04 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 04:32 PM
  4. instant oatmeal
    By Beta BBer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
  5. Regular oats vs. instant oatmeal
    By NPursuit in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Log in
Log in