From 225 to 203 and still going/ with pics

survey

Awards
before (2).jpg
This is my before shot about a month or so ago. I was at about 225.

after 3 (2).jpg
This is today. I've only really been dieting the past 3 weeks not 4. I've been getting 165 grams of carbs per day, 40 grams of fat, and 220 grams of protein. I'm lifting 6 days a week and trying to keep my workouts high weight/low reps. I'm actually retaining a bit of water due to my overwhelming desire to eat a bowl of sodium rich soup yesterday. I am at 203 right now, and I started getting serious with cardio this week. Pretty sure I can lose the extra fat with the ol' heart rate monitor and some time on the treadmill. By the way, most of my measurements - chest arms legs etc have stayed about the same. However, I have lost 2 1/2 inches from my waist. I'm going to get some new pants today!

snyper2k2

Awards
Great work man! How have you been splitting your workouts for the week?

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
great progress.

I do have a suggestion though. You are only getting 1900 cals, which is 900 below your maintenance on a non lifting day. on your workout days this is 1300 or more below maintenance depending on how long you lift and at what intensity. At this rate you will lose a great deal of fat, but you will def lose muscle as well. Also by eating so little your metabolism will slow pretty quickly, almost to the point where it may make dieting very difficult. I suggest you up your protein and fat to where you are consuming right at 500 below maintenace every day (this means eating more on lifting days than on off days). This way as your progress starts to slow you will still have a lot of room to adjust and decrease cals rather than just starting out eating so little. Ive seen many people start out eating too little hoping they will lose weight and get to their goals faster. Rarely do they ever get to their goals. It takes time and patience bro, good luck.

survey

Awards
great progress.

I do have a suggestion though. You are only getting 1900 cals, which is 900 below your maintenance on a non lifting day. on your workout days this is 1300 or more below maintenance depending on how long you lift and at what intensity. At this rate you will lose a great deal of fat, but you will def lose muscle as well. Also by eating so little your metabolism will slow pretty quickly, almost to the point where it may make dieting very difficult. I suggest you up your protein and fat to where you are consuming right at 500 below maintenace every day (this means eating more on lifting days than on off days). This way as your progress starts to slow you will still have a lot of room to adjust and decrease cals rather than just starting out eating so little. Ive seen many people start out eating too little hoping they will lose weight and get to their goals faster. Rarely do they ever get to their goals. It takes time and patience bro, good luck.
I'll definately give this some attention. Sounds like good advice. Thanks

survey

Awards
Great work man! How have you been splitting your workouts for the week?
I put about 1 min to 1 min 30 sec between sets and keep my workouts at about 1 hr to 1 hr 15 mins each day.

Mondays & Thursdays - Chest/Triceps/Abs
Tuesdays & Fridays - Med. Delts/Legs/Traps
Wednesdays & Saturdays - Lats/Post Delts/Biceps/Abs
Sunday - rest

survey

Awards
new pic 11-6 (3).jpg

This is a pic I took today. Progress slowed a little. Mainly due to a week long trip I had to take. I was only able to work out 2 times that week, but I tried to keep my diet straight. That was last week. This week I worked out hard. I tried to take most of my sets to failure and threw in some cardio here and there. I'm currently at 200. That's 3 pounds less than when I started this thread but I look a lot better and I'm in a 36" waist now. When I started I was in a 40 and when I started this thread I was in a 38. It's a fight with will power and time management but man is it worth it. I feel a ton better and look better too.

Last edited:

ElPolloLoco

Awards
What has your diet and Cardio looking like?