1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Question In the home stretch, need input

Background:
    In March of this year I decided to get in shape. I am 35, 5' 5" tall, and in March I was 165lbs @ 23%-27% BF. After doing a full round of P90X, followed by using Insanity for Cardio a few days a week to help maintain my weight, I have been sitting at 150lbs @ 17% BF for a few months. I am now on a mission to get as close to 10% BF as I can by Jan 1st (roughly 10 weeks). Yes I am really trying to see the six pack I can see buried under that lovely layer of fat on my stomach (this is the closest I have ever been to having one so really trying to get there).

Workout Plan:
    So here is what I was thinking in terms of a workout schedule...

Monday: P90X Chest, shoulders, & Tripceps + Insanity's Cardio Abs
    Tuesday: 1 hour Turbo Spin class at my local gym (the instructor is brutal haha)
    Wednesday: P90X Back & Biceps + Insanity's Cardio Abs
    Thursday: 1 hour Turbo Spin class at gym
    Friday: P90X Chest & Back + Insanity's Cardio Abs
    Saturday: Insanity's Pure Cardio workout
    Sunday: OFF

A few questions I have....

1. Is reaching 10% BF (means losing 7%) in 10 weeks realistic?
    2. Does my workout plan seem like one that will get me to where I want to be in that time frame?
    3. Any suggestions on supplements that "might" be needed in order to hit my goal?
    4. and knowing that with any weight/fat loss the larger numbers come off faster than the last few, what would be a realistic 5 week goal to shoot for?

Any and all suggestions and feedback on workouts, foods, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1. Yes it is but not without very hard work. 1 small cheat meal a wk.
    2. yes workouts look okay, could be better but also could be worse. Just make sure to keep a high heart rate for the entire workout.
    3. supps?? fish oil, green tea egcg, multi vit, vit C. a basic fat burner would do wll also.
    4. 2lb a wk for the 1st 5wks. than .75-1.25lb a wk for the last 5wks. As you get leaner each wk you will lose less LBS/BF
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.59%

Yah, the cardio and workouts all look fine and what not, but....you make absolutely zero mention about what your eating habits are. I can promise you none of that cardio is going to do any good if your diet and cals aren't on point. Most likely this is why you stalled out at 16-17% If your looking to get close to 10-12% diet is going to be your biggest weapon, along WITH the cardio.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Yeah I should have given some insight into my normal diet. I wouldnt say I "stalled out" it was because I took a break from working out because I started traveling, and had alot going on. So I was happy for that period that I maintained where I was at and didnt gain the weight back. Now I am back on the wagon and pushing to hit my new goal.

As for my diet....

Mon-Fri (work days) my typical breakfast consists of 1 Protein shake and 2 slices of wheat toast with skippy naturals peanut butter. Lonch is usually starbucks latte (yeah I know...not good), and for dinner usually do chicken 3-4 nights a week (typically grilled chicken breasts), with a veggie of some sort, lean ground beef (usually spaghetti or chili) always drained of extra grease in the pan, and try and do fish once a week. I probably eat out once a week on average (my typical cheat day). But overall I would say I keep my calorie count below 2,000 a day but I know I let my carbs get a bit high with some snacks (aka love lemonade popsicles or a special K protein bar). I really stay away from high fat foods in general. My diet is no where near perfect, but I am not a fast food junkie either, and I rarely drink pop (I am an iced tea drinker).

When I do snack my default snack to grab is chips and salsa, not a candy bar or ice cream. I have acid reflux so I never eat late at night either.

I hope that gives a more accurate depiction of my general non-dieting diet.

Right now my biggest issue is figuring out a good meal plan to get me to where I want to be. and unfortunately I dont have the cash right now to hook up with a nutritionist to help me make one.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    3. supps?? fish oil, green tea egcg, multi vit, vit C. a basic fat burner would do wll also.
    I have a multi-vitamin from GNC that I take (just not on a regular basis, till now).

1. For Fish Oil (Omega-3), most packages say 1 pill a day (roughly 900-1000 mg of Omega-3). But other diets have said up to 6 times that amount.

2. Green Tea Extract and Vit C. How much?

3. For Fat burner I went with N2-Burn. Wondering if that is similar to an EC Stack. Saw it has caffeine and other stuff, just not sure about the E part.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.66%

Quote Originally Posted by jbarilow View Post
    I have a multi-vitamin from GNC that I take (just not on a regular basis, till now).

1. For Fish Oil (Omega-3), most packages say 1 pill a day (roughly 900-1000 mg of Omega-3). But other diets have said up to 6 times that amount.
    take 3-5x a day, some info says w/o carbs, some say with. Doesnt matter IMO, just take them somethime. make sure you get about 3.5-4g's total. caps will range from 700mg-1200mg.

2. Green Tea Extract and Vit C. How much?

Vit C 500,g, 4 times a day. Pre and post WO for sure. other times 1st thing AM, pre bed. Green Tea, 400-500mg empty stomach, 1st thing AM. 2nd dose empty stomach pre WO.

3. For Fat burner I went with N2-Burn. Wondering if that is similar to an EC Stack. Saw it has caffeine and other stuff, just not sure about the E part.
    You have to find what dosing works best for you with N2burn. I take 1 cap 4 times a day. Every 2.5 hrs, stopping at 6pm. but you can take 2 caps 2x a day or even 3x a day. So play around with it. for sure take 2 caps pre WO.
    Read BOLD
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.67%

Thanks for the info!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.39%

P90x is the bees knees!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stretch or not to Stretch, that is the question.
    By protempsfish in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 12:17 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 07:15 AM
  3. Home Sweet Home!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 12:18 AM
  4. For those who seek a home within a home...
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 10:43 PM
  5. To Stretch or Not to Stretch You be the Judge
    By DarCSA in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 07:14 AM