In the home stretch, need input
- 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
In the home stretch, need input
In March of this year I decided to get in shape. I am 35, 5' 5" tall, and in March I was 165lbs @ 23%-27% BF. After doing a full round of P90X, followed by using Insanity for Cardio a few days a week to help maintain my weight, I have been sitting at 150lbs @ 17% BF for a few months. I am now on a mission to get as close to 10% BF as I can by Jan 1st (roughly 10 weeks). Yes I am really trying to see the six pack I can see buried under that lovely layer of fat on my stomach (this is the closest I have ever been to having one so really trying to get there).
So here is what I was thinking in terms of a workout schedule...
Monday: P90X Chest, shoulders, & Tripceps + Insanity's Cardio Abs
Tuesday: 1 hour Turbo Spin class at my local gym (the instructor is brutal haha)
Wednesday: P90X Back & Biceps + Insanity's Cardio Abs
Thursday: 1 hour Turbo Spin class at gym
Friday: P90X Chest & Back + Insanity's Cardio Abs
Saturday: Insanity's Pure Cardio workout
A few questions I have....
1. Is reaching 10% BF (means losing 7%) in 10 weeks realistic?
2. Does my workout plan seem like one that will get me to where I want to be in that time frame?
3. Any suggestions on supplements that "might" be needed in order to hit my goal?
4. and knowing that with any weight/fat loss the larger numbers come off faster than the last few, what would be a realistic 5 week goal to shoot for?
Any and all suggestions and feedback on workouts, foods, etc, would be greatly appreciated.
- 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM
1. Yes it is but not without very hard work. 1 small cheat meal a wk.
2. yes workouts look okay, could be better but also could be worse. Just make sure to keep a high heart rate for the entire workout.
3. supps?? fish oil, green tea egcg, multi vit, vit C. a basic fat burner would do wll also.
4. 2lb a wk for the 1st 5wks. than .75-1.25lb a wk for the last 5wks. As you get leaner each wk you will lose less LBS/BF
- 10-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Yah, the cardio and workouts all look fine and what not, but....you make absolutely zero mention about what your eating habits are. I can promise you none of that cardio is going to do any good if your diet and cals aren't on point. Most likely this is why you stalled out at 16-17% If your looking to get close to 10-12% diet is going to be your biggest weapon, along WITH the cardio.
10-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah I should have given some insight into my normal diet. I wouldnt say I "stalled out" it was because I took a break from working out because I started traveling, and had alot going on. So I was happy for that period that I maintained where I was at and didnt gain the weight back. Now I am back on the wagon and pushing to hit my new goal.
As for my diet....
Mon-Fri (work days) my typical breakfast consists of 1 Protein shake and 2 slices of wheat toast with skippy naturals peanut butter. Lonch is usually starbucks latte (yeah I know...not good), and for dinner usually do chicken 3-4 nights a week (typically grilled chicken breasts), with a veggie of some sort, lean ground beef (usually spaghetti or chili) always drained of extra grease in the pan, and try and do fish once a week. I probably eat out once a week on average (my typical cheat day). But overall I would say I keep my calorie count below 2,000 a day but I know I let my carbs get a bit high with some snacks (aka love lemonade popsicles or a special K protein bar). I really stay away from high fat foods in general. My diet is no where near perfect, but I am not a fast food junkie either, and I rarely drink pop (I am an iced tea drinker).
When I do snack my default snack to grab is chips and salsa, not a candy bar or ice cream. I have acid reflux so I never eat late at night either.
I hope that gives a more accurate depiction of my general non-dieting diet.
Right now my biggest issue is figuring out a good meal plan to get me to where I want to be. and unfortunately I dont have the cash right now to hook up with a nutritionist to help me make one.
10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
1. For Fish Oil (Omega-3), most packages say 1 pill a day (roughly 900-1000 mg of Omega-3). But other diets have said up to 6 times that amount.
2. Green Tea Extract and Vit C. How much?
3. For Fat burner I went with N2-Burn. Wondering if that is similar to an EC Stack. Saw it has caffeine and other stuff, just not sure about the E part.
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
10-21-2011, 02:43 PM
10-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By protempsfish in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 22Last Post: 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM
- By Train4Life in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
- By stryder in forum NutraplanetReplies: 13Last Post: 10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
- By Dwight Schrute in forum Training ForumReplies: 29Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:43 PM
- By DarCSA in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 02-08-2003, 06:14 AM