Help lowering bodyfat%

crlowndes87

crlowndes87

Awards
Hey I'm currently 24 yrs old 6ft 218lbs and 14.58%. I am currently taking oxy elite pro and supplement gold standard whey with fat free milk after my workouts. I want to get down around 10% bodyfat without sacrificing a lot of muscle... What tips with regards to training, nutrition and supplements can u offer? The only supplement I don't want to use is creatine as it leaves me feeling too bloated...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey I'm currently 24 yrs old 6ft 218lbs and 14.58%. I am currently taking oxy elite pro and supplement gold standard whey with fat free milk after my workouts. I want to get down around 10% bodyfat without sacrificing a lot of muscle... What tips with regards to training, nutrition and supplements can u offer? The only supplement I don't want to use is creatine as it leaves me feeling too bloated...
You can easily lose 4.5% bodyfat without sacrificing your muscle mass. In fact, if your goal is fat loss, your and primary objective SHOULD be to MAINTAIN your current muscle mass, with fat loss the SECONDARY objective.

Check out The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basics required!), and training (inclusive of a sample training programme for both the beginner and experienced trainee) for effective and successful fat loss. There's also a few more articles re training for fat loss here.

If you're not sure what to do after reading through that, or can't be bothered working everything out for yourself, then I recommend that you get yourself a Trainer who can and will INDIVIDUALIZE everything re nutrition and training SPECIFICALLY for YOU re your goals and needs.

~Rosie~

P094743

Awards
It sounds to me that you have already accessed the right supps for bodyfat reduction. Unfortunately cutting fat is more diet than supps or workout. You could employ a twice a day gym schedule by doing 30-45 minutes caurdio in the morning on an empty stomach, and then do your weights in the evening. It would be better to know a bit more about your diet to properly tune your strategy as it seems that you will need to drop about 20-25 lbs to get to that %. I also imagine that you want to keep as much muscle as possible.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
my tip to you would be to have exaggerated calorie deficits on days you want to lose fat. and have an exaggerated calorie surplus on repletion days a couple days a week to restore leptin and t3 levels.

or plan b would be you micromanage calories , decreasing by 100-200 at a time until you finally find a point where you're slowing losing weight over the course of several weeks.

you should try to find ultimate diet 2.0 on the internet. its geared towards athletes trying to maintain muscle while maximizing fat loss.

Jovee

Awards
I am the same size trying to lose the last 10 pounds. Very hard!