Carb cycling

cycle4lupus

Awards
Hey all I'm seriously considering doing carb cycling for awhile to get myself out of this rut. Problem is I'm a cycling instructor and some days I teach 2xs/day and on the days I only teach once I lift weights. Would it be better to have my low carb days when I lift or when I'm only doing cardio??? Or does it even matter?? Thx guys!

Cheranine

Cheranine

Awards
yup same - I do cardio on low carb / calorie days. However at the moment Ive dropped a lot of cardio for lifting 5x5 days so end up doing weights on those days. I just try to plan my main carb intake for the day before and after the workout.

Jentry07

Awards
Great site, thanks for sharing that warsteiner!!

cycle4lupus

Awards
Thx for the article!! It was very informative!

Jovee

Awards
I am actually starting today. I am hoping for great results.

cycle4lupus

Awards
Really that's great! We should keep in touch! How low are you going on your low carb days??

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Here you go - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

Ideally you should have higher carbs on weight training days to provide more energy to lift but you can try it both ways and see, which works best for you.
I agree with this. Great article by the way. Id much rather be carbed up for anaerobic activity like resistance training for bigger lifts and leave my aerobic training to days to be lower in carbs and replace missing calories with fats. If you look at how the Krebs cycle work it requires acetyl-CoenzymeA to shuttle pyruvate into the mitochondria for aerobic respiration with is a by product of fatty acids(CoA) and glucose(2x pyruvate).

This is usually how I do my bulking stages to keep lean. On lifiting days Im high carb on non-lift days I still do some cardio so they're low carb. I dont wanna say I have a "high" carb day - just a cheat meal of something yummy once a week.