Cheat Meals...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Cheat Meals...


    Just curious to see what people think about this topic. Do yall think its neccesary to have a cheat me? If so, how often and what do u have as a cheat meal?


  2. Once a Week.
    •   
       


  3. The lower the bf% the more it is needed, the higher the bf% the less it is needed (if at all). If you do have one, make it high in starchy carboydrates, high in protein, and very low in fat.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  4. I do cheat once a week. It is not a big satured fat fast food hamburger, but only a high caloric food, so all I do is cardio afterward and bang, like I never cheated

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    The lower the bf% the more it is needed, the higher the bf% the less it is needed (if at all). If you do have one, make it high in starchy carboydrates, high in protein, and very low in fat.
    Damn there goes pizza.
    •   
       


  6. I can't get below 10% bf without a heavy cheat meal once a week. I believe it's completely necessary.

  7. It depends on the individual. I can get to single digits without one at all, its just less fun.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  8. i use every sunday as my cheat day! its a real nice break from unprocessed foods that tend to get boaring. i really feel its necessary to cheat once a week

  9. 2z and beamen, what do u guys consider "cheat meal" as everyone has a different def.

  10. i don't really use a cheat "meal". monday-saturday i stick strictly to unprocessed foods, (meats, rice, whole wheat carbs, and vegs, and thats about it) however on sunday i eat whatever i want. if i have a craving for fried chicken and mashed potatoes durring the week, ill waite till sunday and eat it then.

  11. **** i wish i could take a whole day off. I eat pizza or a few burgers for a meal, and spend like 2-3 days making it up.

    My cheat meal which i take every week and a half, consists of subway. I usually try to eat it PWO, it tends to work better for me.

  12. What do you Get from Subway.

  13. usually a footlong turkey breast, ham, and roast beef sub w/ cheese, meat, and veggies.

    it's 6g of fat per 6" sub not counting cheese,

    In the end i get around 700 calories, 100g carbs, 20g fat, 55g protein. I consider this more of a refeed than a cheat meal really.

    Usually i eat around 250g carbs a day, this boosts me to 330g.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze
    usually a footlong turkey breast, ham, and roast beef sub w/ cheese, meat, and veggies.

    it's 6g of fat per 6" sub not counting cheese,

    In the end i get around 700 calories, 100g carbs, 20g fat, 55g protein. I consider this more of a refeed than a cheat meal really.

    Usually i eat around 250g carbs a day, this boosts me to 330g.
    Cheat right or don't cheat at all. What's wrong with you?

  15. Chinese food is the best cheat meal. Terrible for ya but damn it taste good. It's high in carbs, protein, and the fat well we won't talk about that.

  16. there must be something wrong with me because i dont like Chinese Food for some reason??

  17. Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    Cheat right or don't cheat at all. What's wrong with you?
    I love to see the fat people order a footlong w/ mayo and cheese and oils w/ a bag of chips. And top it off w/ an atkins salad drenched in dressing.

    But of course it's healthy, i mean...subway!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze
    I love to see the fat people order a footlong w/ mayo and cheese and oils w/ a bag of chips. And top it off w/ an atkins salad drenched in dressing.

    But of course it's healthy, i mean...subway!
    Yeah that's just wrong. I meant something like a pound of vermicelli with a ton of 90% ground beef and marinara sauce.

  19. i love the olive garden. haha

  20. My refeeds on UD2 are in the area of 11,000 calories and 1800-2000g of carbohydrates in the 24 hour period from thursday post workout till friday bedtime.

    Ex Nihilo

  21. Thats why my progress completely stalled on UD2. I like many of Lyle's theoreis but many just didn't pan out for me as far as results. I actually tried this diet with my gf who is a fitness competitor and the fact that this diet is tailored to the more disciplined bodybuilder and we both encountered the same results. We just stalled out. We also felt like **** because of the extreme changes in diet during a week peroid. After carb days I was extremely lethargic and my workout were horrible all around on this diet. This just reinforced my belief that most of the fluctuations in this diet are just not needed, at least for me.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Thats why my progress completely stalled on UD2. I like many of Lyle's theoreis but many just didn't pan out for me as far as results. I actually tried this diet with my gf who is a fitness competitor and the fact that this diet is tailored to the more disciplined bodybuilder and we both encountered the same results. We just stalled out. We also felt like **** because of the extreme changes in diet during a week peroid. After carb days I was extremely lethargic and my workout were horrible all around on this diet. This just reinforced my belief that most of the fluctuations in this diet are just not needed, at least for me.
    I have basal low cortisol levels, UD2 actually works quite well for me. I can totally maintain my weight going as low as 2400cal/day completely clean with large amounts of cardio and stimulants - ketogenic diets produce some minor results but the only real trick for me seems to be severe caloric restriction... This unfortunately also seems to cause somewhat significant strength losses, which the UD2 protocol cleanly obviates.

    Ex

  23. I work with people with similar problems and they do respond well to higher amounts of calories if the timing of certain nutrients are correct. It just sounds to me that you worry about the minutia then worrying about some of the basics.

    If you actually can't lose weight at those levels with the weight you are, then I would see an endocrinologist because it sounds like you have a medical condition.

    You sounds like many people who use ketogenic diets for a prolonged peroid of time. I would look for another option because the way you are fluctuating in weight, talking about coritsol, having difficulty at losing weight at 2400 calories and being at your bf%, this clearly is not working that well for you.

    You shouldn't struggle this much with dieting.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I work with people with similar problems and they do respond well to higher amounts of calories if the timing of certain nutrients are correct. It just sounds to me that you worry about the minutia then worrying about some of the basics.

    If you actually can't lose weight at those levels with the weight you are, then I would see an endocrinologist because it sounds like you have a medical condition.

    You sounds like many people who use ketogenic diets for a prolonged peroid of time. I would look for another option because the way you are fluctuating in weight, talking about coritsol, having difficulty at losing weight at 2400 calories and being at your bf%, this clearly is not working that well for you.

    You shouldn't struggle this much with dieting.
    regular isocaloric diets currently work very poorly for me. UD2 seems to work pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of ketogenic diets and prefer to avoid them when possible (I'd only done ketogenic diet once previously and while the weight loss was acceptable, the strength loss was not), in the last year or so I've had poor results with even very strict isocaloric diets (prior to that I never had any problems losing weight quickly). As far as overlooking the basics - I had a 3 week plateau consuming 2400cal/day, with an hour of low intensity cardio every day, in addition to consistent weight training about 4 times a week - after the first week with no weight loss I added clenbuterol, and after 2 further weeks of no loss I decided to eat normally then switch dieting protocols.

    I have had basal low cortisol levels all my life (not that this should cause anything drastic). I am getting the results of a blood panel tomorrow, but my guess is that my T3/T4 levels are going to be quite low as well. I have been reluctant to push to see a specialist because I currently have no insurance, and in all other regards I feel great. It certainly is a hassle that I have had to resort to drastic measures to see any significant weight loss, I may end up pushing the issue at my next doctor's visit.

  25. So im about to cut...I'm 13.5%BF. I was thinkin a cheat meal every 7-10 days. I've read pizza is a good choice for a cheat meal... But i dont want to jepordize my goals. I want to see my abs. How often should I cheat and what should I cheat with?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cheat meal?
    By dedication in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 01:05 PM
  2. Best time for a big cheat meal?
    By Moyer in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 01:02 PM
  3. Cheat meal - After Workout or no?
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 10:19 PM
  4. Type 1 Diabetes and Cheat Meals
    By Rock Lee in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 11:07 AM
  5. Favorite Cheat Meals/Unhealthy Foods
    By Biggs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Log in
Log in