Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.1%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Yeah. I ate a bacon biscuit and some hasbrowns and a sweet tea. I think I'll be alright.
    Well, your meal was 21g of protein/ 92g of carbs, and 42g of fat. You ate my entire day's worth of fat in one sitting. He he!
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

2. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr

Well, your meal was 21g of protein/ 92g of carbs, and 42g of fat. You ate my entire day's worth of fat in one sitting. He he!
    Not a lot of fat... Honest question, do you find it hard to get aroused and be sexually active with such a lowish fat intake?
    Curious. What fat sources do you get your fat from?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

lmao you guys are silly
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr

I need about 80g of fat a day.
    Thx for the calculation
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.1%

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Not a lot of fat... Honest question, do you find it hard to get aroused and be sexually active with such a lowish fat intake?
    Curious. What fat sources do you get your fat from?
    Fat intake is closely tied to testosterone and other hormone production. Heck, cholesterol is a main building block. But I find 40-50g of fat is enough to support me hormonally. I wont take it lower than 40 unless I am REALLLY pushing for the last pound or so. The biggest factor effecting my libido is bodyfat level. Libido takes a dive when I get lean.....if im above 9-10% BF, I am like a 16 yr old kid......I drop below 7-8% BF, i start to lose my interest and by the time I am stage-lean its all but completely gone. I dont care how high your fat intake is, if you are eating below maintenance at 4-5% BF, you will crash hormonally.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.1%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I need about 80g of fat a day.
    Thx for the calculation
    Thats the beauty of the chic-fil-a. They have that fancy online calculator and you just plug in your meal. Makes it too easy.

Highest I usually get with fat is 65g a day in full blown off season.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    And I am naturally very endo morphic. I could be 10 lbs heavier by the end of the week if I wanted to be. I put on weight very fast if I am not diligently tracking my calorie intake. And I can assure you thats all it comes down to......counting and tracking. Insulin control is not even on my radar screen and I achieve low single digit BF percentages. As you lean out, insulin control is even less of an issue because you naturally become very insulin sensitive. And even if insulin should spike in a given meal....who the heck cares? You are in an overall deficit so therefore insulin falls when the carbs have been processed and now you are back into "fat burning mode". It all comes out in the end. We store fat, we burn it, we store, we burn.....all day long. Its the NET STORAGE that makes a difference in body composition.
    I think this is a very fair point. You're right, that happens, so if you're at that point in body composition you can probably be more relaxed.

I think overall it's important to emphasize carb timing to people, as there are a lot of people with different body types and lifestyles coming here checking for advice on how to drop weight. And carb timing will aid in achieving great results no less than 95% of the supplements one might buy.

As an aside, I know what you mean about being an endo. When I began bodybuilding I thought bulking meant not keeping track of what you eat, loosely speaking. Plus, I had this GDA supplement I received for free and I actually trusted that it would allow me to push the boundaries even more. So after a while I decided to bulk, and, well, long story short I put on about 30lbs in 3 weeks. It was not fun undoing that mess haha. (P.S. no, this was not from eating a McD's every day as I don't like to eat trash personally).
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%

One thing I learn is to try and stay around a good weight or to stay "lean" or how ever you want to be year round.

Here's the deal. No fun trying to add 30lbs just as well it's no fun trying to lose 30lbs. People trying to swell up to 230 from 200 then go back down & then back up. In my opinion unless you're a pro cleanly add weight if thats what you're after; may take longer but it's quality we are after.

There is no instant gratification in this sport.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. carbs/calories on non-lifting days
    By pinchharmonic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 07:54 AM
  2. calories/calories from fat/ sugar alcohol
    By stfdkd37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM