lifting weights on cutting cycle

bigcat292

Awards
i recently hurting my sholder lifting and i was going to shed some pounds while im out. i was wondering while im cutting should i lift light weight or dont touch weight at all. i am currently at about 220lbs i wana get to 200.

LatinGuy

Awards
If your shoulder is hurt then don't lift weights that affect it, lift other body parts as possible.

Otherwise, you should be lifting during your cuts. Aside from helping your burn calories, albeit a relatively small amount, lifting will help your body hold on to any muscle you've put on. Make sure you are getting adequate amounts of protein though, for me that is 1 gram per pounds of lean mass, some people prefer other calculations.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i recently hurting my sholder lifting and i was going to shed some pounds while im out. i was wondering while im cutting should i lift light weight or dont touch weight at all. i am currently at about 220lbs i wana get to 200.
If you hurt your shoulder, then make sure you look after it, and if it was a serious injury and not just say a pulled muscle or DOMS, then make sure you allow it time to recover - this does NOT mean don't lift though, and you can do other body-parts, lifting lighter re shoulders and/or exercises that aggravate the injury or where you may experience some discomfort.

Re "cutting", RESISTANCE training is far MORE important than cardio - cardio is NOT even necessary when wanting fat loss, although there are cardiovascular and health benefits to doing it.

Just to note, I recommend that you do NOT focus on your scale weight and concentrate more on your BODY COMPOSITION, since you want any weight to be lost to be FAT ONLY, MAINTAINING your current muscle mass, and if you want to lose 20 pounds, you need to make sure that you have 20 pounds of fat TO lose; otherwise, you'll lose precious muscle mass along with the fat, which you do NOT want.

Just remember that if you want to lose fat, your NUTRITION more than anything will determine your success - or lack of it.

If you're new to this and/or not sure what the best approach is for fat loss, then download and read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basic staples required), and training (inclusive of a sample training programme for beginners and advanced trainees) for effective and successful fat loss.

~Rosie~