Interesting read (listen if you want) on Starvation Mode and extreme calorie deficit!

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I read the report, but didn't listen

I often do crazy calorie deficit, and train to oblivion, I've been doing it for quite some time
I am under 5%BF and as a natty bb that's the only way for me to stay lean
all year round.
With that said, I can tell you my experience with this kind of diet,
(also do IF)/training: first, it's hard as hell; second, it doesn't come problems-free.

For me it's a very dangerous vicious circle, I diet to the point in which I look flat,
and I do start to lose muscle, I get paranoid, I higher the calories for a couple of days.
Then I go into crazy calorie deficit again, I get excited because I see roadmap vascularity,
grainy muscles and I wanna see how far I can go, flat again, and so on..
It's a psychological torture.

The problems with such cal deficit are several tho', stims start to play a way too important
role, libido is like "libiwhat? oh I remember that..", stomach gets super sensitive everytime
you eat a bit more, and gains (if one is after it) are of course very slow. But, like I said,
it's definitely effective if one wants to stay lean, and I mean very lean.
Is it worth it? eh, I know if I could get over it a bit I'd do it..

I have friends who tried to take this way as well, and I agree, if you're not extremely
lean, you won't lose muscle, you won't lose muscle if you don't eat every three hours,
you won't lose muscle if you stay in a normal calorie deficit for a bit.. At least this is what I
noticed with everyone around me.

Everyone is different of course, but overall human body tends to get used to everything,
adapts, and changes in body comp don't happen overnight.