weight loss help!!! back at it again!!!

Teddy_ODP

Awards
whats up guys im teddy and i need some help with my weigth loss im starting over from scratch recently married and you know what happens the pounds start to pack on so... i was needing some of your tips and info from most effective diets, any kind of supplements to take etc. im willing to go the extra mile. a lil info on me i am now around 280-290 and im about 6'1 if not a bit taller so naturally im a big dude. so a couple of years ago i was about 260lbs and decided to go all out in about 5 months i had dropped down to 180 and believe me it felt great, i did low carb diet, lots of cardio about 3 miles 4 times a week, weights, mma classes etc. now 3 yrs later the weight has packed on because im working full time and going to school full time and simply because i havent been watching what i eat... so stuff is going to change i want to hit 200-210 that my goal. im just simply tired of feeling slugish and no energy and not comfortable with my body and self esteem..

so if you have any tips or encouraging words to say let me know any bit helps...

and also some questions are...

should i continue the low carb ? or any other diets that work better?

what kind of supps, pills, topicals, drinks....?

And should i implement more weights will this help lose the fat and gain some muscle making more of impact than cardio alone?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Drop all grains legumes and dairy and sub in coconut oil and cocnut milk/cream
Instead. Look at using sweet potato and lean meat cuts.

www.robbwolf.com
Paleo diet and author of the Paleo Solution

Teddy_ODP

Awards
thanks for input will definetly look into it

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Will also alleviate any digestive problems etc too

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats up guys im teddy and i need some help with my weigth loss im starting over from scratch recently married and you know what happens the pounds start to pack on so... i was needing some of your tips and info from most effective diets, any kind of supplements to take etc. im willing to go the extra mile. a lil info on me i am now around 280-290 and im about 6'1 if not a bit taller so naturally im a big dude. so a couple of years ago i was about 260lbs and decided to go all out in about 5 months i had dropped down to 180 and believe me it felt great, i did low carb diet, lots of cardio about 3 miles 4 times a week, weights, mma classes etc. now 3 yrs later the weight has packed on because im working full time and going to school full time and simply because i havent been watching what i eat... so stuff is going to change i want to hit 200-210 that my goal. im just simply tired of feeling slugish and no energy and not comfortable with my body and self esteem..

so if you have any tips or encouraging words to say let me know any bit helps...

and also some questions are...

should i continue the low carb ? or any other diets that work better?

what kind of supps, pills, topicals, drinks....?

And should i implement more weights will this help lose the fat and gain some muscle making more of impact than cardio alone?
First, welcome to AM :)

Second, congratulations on your recent marriage.

Third, down to business . . .

Low or elimination carbohydrate diets are NOT necessary for effective fat loss. I hate the word "diet" because it has such negative connotations and wrong mindsets - your diet should be a LIFESTYLE NUTRITION PLAN that you use all the time, the ONLY thing changing being your total number of calories over any given period, based on your goal and needs at the time. Lean Gains is something that you could possibly look into - gets great results, and you don't have to be super strict, so long as you follow the general recommendations re meal timing, etc., even if you create your own adaptation of it. Otherwise, tailor your nutrition specifically for YOU - which you should be doing anyways, and not following a generic diet, IMO.

If you haven't been training much over the last three years, then forget about looking at supplements, and just stick to the BASIC STAPLES (an outline of them and why you should use them included in this eBook). Trust me, you can get great results with ONLY the basic staples if your NUTRITION AND TRAINING are targeted specifically at your goals for YOU.

As far as "weight loss", I don't recommend focusing on your scale weight, but on your BODY COMPOSITION, since scale weight is IRrelevant in the grand scheme of things - for example, if you lose bodyfat but concurrently gain lean mass, your scale weight may not change by much, if at all, or even increase slightly, even if your body composition decreases.

Re training, cardio is NOT necessary for fat loss - although it DOES have a lot of cardiovascular and heart health benefits - and I would certainly NEVER recommend doing that as your ONLY training EVER. RESISTANCE training is the type of training that you should focus on for the best fat loss results. If you're a beginner or just starting over again with resistance training, then yes, you could possibly gain some muscle whilst losing bodyfat, albeit UNintentionally, since generally only very experienced trainees deliberately achieve a recomp (i.e. lose bodyfat whilst gaining muscle mass). Besides, if you're eating specifically for fat loss, then chances are, you're NOT going to gain any muscle mass anyways, and at best, you should be aiming to MAINTAIN your CURRENT muscle mass.

I recommend downloading and reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss. It contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basic staples required), and training (including a sample programme for both a beginner and experienced trainee) for effective and successful fat loss. Apply the principles and follow the guidelines in this article, and you'll see results.

Check out other articles re tips and training for fat loss here.

All the best with your fat loss endeavours!

~Rosie~

Teddy_ODP

Awards
wow thanks rosie for sure defiantly some good ideas i really appreciate the support.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow thanks rosie for sure defiantly some good ideas i really appreciate the support.
No worries, Teddy :)

Once you have a basis to start with, then adjust week-by-week based on your results from the week before, especially re nutrition, since you want to make sure you're continually progressing, and also because it DOES takes some experimenting to find what works best for YOU!

If you don't feel like you can do it yourself, then I recommend that you get a Trainer who can and will design and INDIVIDUALIZE a training programme and nutrition plan specifically for YOU for YOU goals and needs.

~Rosie~

Ganched

Awards
Good advice from other posters - lifestyle change is what made it work for me, and the lifestyle change I adopted was the eating routine as described in the Warrior Diet, and the food choices as laid out in Robb Wolf's Paleo. I am in my late 50s, lost several years of training due to a bad accident, gained a lot of weight, and dropped almost all of it (50 plus pounds) in a year while eating more food and engaging in calisthenics routines. All the best...

Teddy_ODP

Awards
thanks Ganched good info really appreciate it

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Also look up www.talktomejohnnie.com

Crossfit football and well known NFL player John welbourne. 300lbs man with sub 10% bf...knows his ****...
Look up the leaning out section is the home page