Supplements for my girlfriend
- 09-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Supplements for my girlfriend
My girlfriend is currently about 7-8kg above her goal weight, and is following a really excellent diet/training program. Basically she is eating 1200 calories a day (3 main meals of around 300 calories, 2 snacks of 150 calories) with heaps of fresh veggies, grains, seafoods, proteins. Usually no carbs at night. She trains 6 days a week, including 3 resistance circuit days, 2 running/sprints days, a 1 core/stretching day (she does some core work at each workout).
Its going really well with 3kg down in 3 weeks, around 7 to go.
I'm just wondering which supp to add to the diet/training to add a little extra oomph as she gets closer to her goal and it gets tougher to drop the fat. I realise all primary changes are to be made in diet/training when results slow but I figure a good supplement can't hurt once the diet/training is in order. Things to keep in mind- were in australia, she is fairly new to training, nothing too extreme or prohormone.
Thanks for any advice,
- 09-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Another AUSSIE...let us UNITE my brother
ok, basics first bro:
good low carb whey isolate-look for grass few (professionalwhey.com.au)-cant buy from overseas so i just be local from them bro
pure micronised creatine-if she wants to retain little bit of muscle without bloat and still trim up
MULTIVITAMIN and digestive enzymes + fish oils, then follow steps outlined below then follow after that
1. get here macros sorted out with a calculation of her BMR (basal metabolic rate-calories required to just live)
2. Factor in her activity load etc and add to equation. deduct 200 calories less than total daily requirements
3. Assess how she feels with energy
4. plenty of water
I would suggest paleo to her but thats just me being biased (but it does work bro-my stamina has gone through the roof as a runner/endurance and athlete and semi pro cricketer.)
5. Fasted morning walks 1/2 hour before breakfast to improve inuslin sensitivity.
6. LOW GI carbohydrates pre workout ONLY with small protein and a touch of essential fats...example: slice of wholegrain spelt bread with some almond butter on it. POSTWORK- a shake or BCAA's is suffice here with maybe a drop of honey in it to kick start the muscle glycogen replacement.(within 20mins of completing training)
7. add cinnamon and lemon where applicable in eating...
8. Add in variety to training for the cardio aspect. make sure she has fun so that way she keeps it going and WANTS to exercise.
8. always couple a carb source with a protein source.
9. lastly, be strict and honest. Write down and track everything and not so much weigh it out with food sizes per se, but eat till you know your happy but not full.
Once you get all these areas down bro, then look into supps.
80/18/2 % rule
when happy, good thermo:
STIM based (no order of preference)
alpha t2 - PES
shred ultra - MST
Green Tea Extract (mild caffeine)- NUTRAplanet
RPM- App Nut
Acetyl l-carnitine BULK Nutraplanet
Raspberry Ketones- (can be classed as a stim too) SNS
ERASE+SHIFT stack PES
DRIVE App Nut
Lipotrophin PM App Nut
(thats what i have used and been able to get into Australia bro-but there are plenty out there, just be diligent and make sure you get the basics and staples first)
CHRIS...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...Crossfit - DEMIGOD -
09-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Genomyx products rock! Check out AlphaBurn or HEAT. Use with fasted cardio and any stubborn fat will be gone in no time at all.
09-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By DBStrong in forum Female FitnessReplies: 7Last Post: 05-01-2008, 08:53 AM
- By vika808 in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
- By ProductReview in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-21-2007, 12:33 AM
- By Dr Liftalot in forum SupplementsReplies: 12Last Post: 06-07-2006, 02:53 PM
- By Coolkat in forum AnabolicsReplies: 70Last Post: 02-02-2005, 06:12 PM