can this be possible? - AnabolicMinds.com

can this be possible?

Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

can this be possible?

I was wondering if it is possible to "burn fat and gain strength"...

This is different to adding lean mass. I would like to still drop some body fat but gain strength.
    If so how would you accomplish it?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Sprinters run with parachutes on and weight vests. I was in the ARMY for 6 yrs and in basic training, they do exactly what you are talking about. A strict exercise regiment of muscle burnout 3 times a week. This consists of exercises that don't really use weighted resistance. Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and other exercises of that type-Do 3 sets of each until complete failure. Combine that with uphill sprints and weighted running or swimming and you will gain strength, lose weight, and gain minimal mass. I was shredded as hell when I came out of infantry basic!! I was also strong and agile.
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrob05 View Post
    Sprinters run with parachutes on and weight vests. I was in the ARMY for 6 yrs and in basic training, they do exactly what you are talking about. A strict exercise regiment of muscle burnout 3 times a week. This consists of exercises that don't really use weighted resistance. Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and other exercises of that type-Do 3 sets of each until complete failure. Combine that with uphill sprints and weighted running or swimming and you will gain strength, lose weight, and gain minimal mass. I was shredded as hell when I came out of infantry basic!! I was also strong and agile.
    Compound plyometrics?
    sounds good...im running 4 days a week already...7-9km minimum depending on the % of Heart rate im training to 'teach it' to rely on fat sources and not glycogen
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's hard to gain strength and burn fat at the same time. Thats why a majority of people bulk, they gain weight but also gain muscle/strength, and then they cut where the main goal is to reduce bodyfat while maintaining whatever you gained muscle-wise during the bulk phase.

It's definitely possible to do both, its normally faster in the long run to pick one at a time though.
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I understand how you probably feel: You don't want to lose endurance and agility by taking running days and making them bulk days. It's a drastic change from running (which I'm assuming makes you feel better than weight training) to bulking.
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrob05
    I understand how you probably feel: You don't want to lose endurance and agility by taking running days and making them bulk days. It's a drastic change from running (which I'm assuming makes you feel better than weight training) to bulking.
    Yes. I would rather have endurance than muscle which is why I asked about this conundrum.
    Strength isn't hypertrophy and I think some people misplace the 2 and think that they are the same.
    I run at 3:45min per KM and I'm at 78kg.
    Not looking to be bigger. I have a sprinters legs but a marathon runners upper body.
    I'm wanting to gain strength for cricket but at same time not lose my athletic endurance.....
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN