Awesome 'Whos Fault' Debate - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Awesome 'Whos Fault' Debate

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member

Great, going from a population of gluttons to a population of communists. It's a double-edged sword.

I say we require fast food places to put big labels on their burgers that say "WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS FECES." I think that would help; I know I eat a lot less beef since I found that out.

David
    Last edited by shpongled; 02-11-2003 at 10:26 PM.

2. Senior Member

I don't give a ****, tax them fatties... tell you one thing, that extra tax money raised wont change a ****in thing. The general public is bombarded with health, diet and nutrition issues every day, so lining pockets with candy-tax dollars wont make a damn bit of difference. Fatties will still eat poorly, until THEY make the INDIVIDUAL decision to change for THEMSELVES... this is fundamental, because there is no shortage of anything in this country (as far as environmentally imposed restrictions, food shortages etc). As you cannot use external force to make an alcoholic turn to sobriety (with any sort of long term success), you also cannot force other unhealthy people into healthier ways of life if they do not want it enough.... basically at this point I suppose I'm saying it's not for lack of knowledge that their chosen lifestyle is unhealthy, so what the hell? How about funding disease research, things of that nature, that are involuntary and uncontrollable.
  3. Advanced Member

Originally posted by YellowJacket

Boy that IP looks familiar and I can recognize ignorance....you're like a genital wart.....
    LoL....OH MY GOD!!!! that was great!!! LMAO!!

but anyway....Yes when I was younger I was a chubby kid, nuff said.  Then I got tired of being made fun of for my weight (not necessarily my weight, but more my body structure [i.e. I had a pair of boobies ]) so in ninth grade I just started to eat less, and then at the end of 9th grade I was 5'5'' 124 lbs., very little muscle on my frame (read: I was still a weak mofo), in 10th grade (almost 16 years old) I started lifting: my max on bench press was less then 85 pounds .  Then I started to get made fun of because I was actually working out and trying to get bigger and stronger.  This was almost enough to deter me, but it did not.  I kept lifting and reading about lifting, and eventually in 12th grade I was the "go to" guy when it came to supplementation or workouts.  Also I earned the nickname "Arnold" due to the size and shape of my chest . 

Moral of the story:  genetics does play a role in the development of the physical characteristics of a person.  BUT...if a person "wants it" enough, then that person has the ability to change their weight, strenght, personality, or anything else that they want to change.

LG.  
    •   

4. New Member

Originally posted by shpongled
    Great, going from a population of gluttons to a population of communists. It's a double-edged sword.

I say we require fast food places to put big labels on their burgers that say "WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS FECES." I think that would help; I know I eat a lot less beef since I found that out.

David
    Communists?? Hardly. I dont see whats wrong with funding education for better nutrition from those who abuse their bodies. Besides, that little bit of tax isnt gonna be a deterrent. Like Biggin said, its their choice. If the extra $$ collected and spent educating folks saves just one person from being a slave to glottony, then it would be money well spent.
  5. New Member

Originally posted by Lifeguard
    Moral of the story:  genetics does play a role in the development of the physical characteristics of a person.  BUT...if a person "wants it" enough, then that person has the ability to change their weight, strenght, personality, or anything else that they want to change.

LG.  
    LG...

Excellent post...and basically common sense. All too often I think folks use "genetics" as an excuse to avoid trying to better themselves. And as we all know, sports, as well as other things, are full of those with the right genetics but who didnt have the desire to fully develop to their potential. Its also full of folks who didnt have the right genetics but their determination and desire made them champions...further shows that its a matter of choice.

btw...its interesting how many of us were fatties as kids...I know I was....and used bb to get outta that. Funny thing is, many of my co-workers cant understand why I eat clean, am adamant about working out and stuff, as they keep eatin their twinkies, doughnuts, and smokin their cigaretts!! But whatcha gonna do, aye? Keep up da good work bro...
  6. Senior Member

Originally posted by msclbldrguy
    many of my co-workers cant understand why I eat clean, am adamant about working out and stuff, as they keep eatin their twinkies, doughnuts, and smokin their cigaretts!! But whatcha gonna do, aye? Keep up da good work bro...
    What you gonna do, is wait until they are monstrously obese, kick and prod their jiggly-paste bulges, and say 'how you like it now fatty, I told yo fatass, now look at ya, you morbidly disgusting waste of space!!!'
  7. New Member

Originally posted by Biggin
    I don't give a ****, tax them fatties... tell you one thing, that extra tax money raised wont change a ****in thing. The general public is bombarded with health, diet and nutrition issues every day, so lining pockets with candy-tax dollars wont make a damn bit of difference. Fatties will still eat poorly, until THEY make the INDIVIDUAL decision to change for THEMSELVES... this is fundamental, because there is no shortage of anything in this country (as far as environmentally imposed restrictions, food shortages etc). As you cannot use external force to make an alcoholic turn to sobriety (with any sort of long term success), you also cannot force other unhealthy people into healthier ways of life if they do not want it enough.... basically at this point I suppose I'm saying it's not for lack of knowledge that their chosen lifestyle is unhealthy, so what the hell? How about funding disease research, things of that nature, that are involuntary and uncontrollable.
    Excellent point that further education about nutrition will not change behavior. I mean seriously, does anybody eating a twinkie not know that it is fattening? I can see the tax funded commercials:

Opening scene: mourners gathered around a rather large coffin with the flabby folds of the deceased hanging over the side.

Mourner A: It was just so sad (sobbing). If only we had known how dangerous twinkies were .... perhaps we could have stopped him in time.

Mourner B: (sagely nodding head) Yes .... too late for poor Billy .... but not to late for the other Billys .... (turns to camera) Cut to graphic of twinkie on black background. Music rises to crescendo. Narrator voice over (sonorous tones): Friends ... do not let friends ... EAT TWINKIES...

8. New Member

What you gonna do, is wait until they are monstrously obese, kick and prod their jiggly-paste bulges, and say 'how you like it now fatty, I told yo fatass, now look at ya, you morbidly disgusting waste of space!!!'
    interesting..heh...there was this woman who was in our dept (notcie i didnt say worked here) a coupla years ago who was 300 lbs if she was a lb...called in sick at the drop of a hat and never did anything...our bos did everything possible...told her she should try exercising...wouldnt u hate for ya boss to tell ya to loose weight, aye?
  9. New Member

Originally posted by RVEXLER
    with the flabby folds of the deceased hanging over the side.
    i sat next to this person on a plane once....hehe
  10. Moderator

Originally posted by msclbldrguy

i sat next to this person on a plane once....hehe

Did they buy 2 seats?  If not, I woulda asked for half off.... The way I see it, your really only getting half a seat

11. New Member

Some of you guys might have heard about European McD's posting kcal and fat content on their products. Well I got an idea. Come up with a fat factor. It would take into consideration GI, sugar content, kcal, fat content, fat type, ect. and give a number to print on it.

That way right before downing a XXL Coke and XXL Fry they can see how its several times worse than the chicken sandwich. Might not change much but it could atleast hurt the future of lawsuits food companies.
  12. Senior Member

Have a little sympathy douche, they have underactive thyroids
  13. New Member

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy02

Did they buy 2 seats?  If not, I woulda asked for half off.... The way I see it, your really only getting half a seat

i wish...the way i see it i got half an ass..heh and to add insult to injury the guy talked the whole hour and a half...worst plane trip i ever had
  14. Senior Member

Originally posted by scotty2

Have a little sympathy douche, they have underactive thyroids

so does my big brown ******* and you never hear it complain.. and **** I eat liver tabs all day long
  15. Senior Member

so does my big brown ******* and you never hear it complain.. and **** I eat liver tabs all day long
    LMAO, you get me every time with the BBA comment.
  16. Senior Member

yeah, similar to 'I can't help but sit here and rot in my own fatness', it's always good for a laugh
  17. New Member

yeah, similar to 'I can't help but sit here and rot in my own fatness', it's always good for a laugh
    you always crack me up...heh...thanks for the laugh..heh
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 05:32 PM
  2. Who won the debate?
    By RobInKuwait in forum Politics
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
  3. Who would switch?
    By Alpha Dog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60