Time to LEAN out! take: 2

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Time to LEAN out! take: 2

I don't know if anyone remembers my thread from two weeks ago but my back went out and I had to end it early. Okay so I had been lifting really hard to bulk up. Unfortunately besides keeping my protein levels up, I let my diet slide. I went from 219 to 247 lbs. So the supplements I'm taking are: Andro Lean, Mega Shred (Omega 3, DHA, ALA, CLA, GLA, MCT, Lauric Acid, Oleic Acid, Myristic Acid, LA, Caprylic Acid, Capric Acid) and I have Lean Xtreme ordered but it hasn't arrived yet. Not really sure on how I'm going to dose the Lean Xtreme there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions. My goal is to get down to about 225-230 lbs. Prefer 225 lbs! I'm 6'2" and change so I believe this is the appropriate weight for my frame which is fairly broad. Last time I started out with 2 days of Insanity by Shaun T from the Beach Body videos and followed that up with 1 day of lifting two rotations per week. Last year I did 6 months of nothing but Insanity and was looking good but it got to the point that my back couldn't handle it. Still believe that its the best fat burning routine I've ever done. This time however I am going to my old faithful running and lifting.

Day 1
    First day back since the injury and it felt like it had been two years not two weeks. I am running outside in Texas so it's hot as hell regardless of the time of day. I jogged the first 1.7 miles and maintained a 10 min/mile which is good for me the next 1.6 miles was un-timed intervals because I was hating life and all together it took me 42.5 mins.

Day 2
    Today I broke out my Garmin and used the Interval training program on my Iphone. I jogged the first 10 mins was a warmup then went into intervals: 30 sec of walking followed by 3 mins of jogginng as fast as my body would allow. I did a total time of 45 min and went 3.6 miles. Much improved over day one in my opinion. I am still not satisfied with my results because back in the day 6-8 miles was a breeze in roughly an hour but, I weighed about 200 lbs back then. The lighter I get the better my jogging will get.

Honestly I hope that you all will follow me on this journey and any encouragement is welcome. I will not post daily but will probably post at least 4-5 times a week. Wish me luck! I now have a teenage daughter and that means teenage boys will be sure to show up and I want them thinking "Damn that old man could take me down!" If I set a good example with the first child I'm sure my other two will be paying attention.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Day 3
    Lifting day consisting of 6 sets of each of the following exercises Lat Pull norm/narrow (no break between), Rows, Bench Press, Mil Press/Lat Raise, Tri Ext/Kickbacks, and Curls/Hammer curls

Day 4
    Interval Jogging was hoping to improve but finished exactly like Day 2

I haven't noticed much as far as the supplements yet but its honestly to earlier to say in my opinion. I did sweat my ass off lifting weights. Running in 100+ degree weather causes you to sweat your ass off regardless. Tomorrow my Lean Xtreme should be delivered looking for to it.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.83%

Let's do it... Keep it up
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.25%

Good luck. Dont stop
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Thanks for the support guys!

Day 5
    more interval jogging today went 4.2 miles 52.5 mins. I know my pace sucks for now but trust me it will get better! Today was the first time to take Lean Xtreme, I hope this stuff helps.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Day 6
    Lifting day consisting of 6 sets of each of the following exercises Lat Pull norm/narrow (no break between), Rows, Bench Press, Mil Press/Lat Raise, Tri Ext/Kickbacks, and Curls/Hammer curls and then I went for a 2 mile run that took 24 min

Day 7
    Rest

Day 8
    more interval jogging today went 4.2 miles 51.75 mins. A little faster that last time but not fast enough.

Day 9
    I haven't really been feeling this routine so I am going to change it up to get both weights and cardio in together on the same day. This is what I use to do back in the days prior to being married and having 3 kids. I was in badass shape too. So I know that I won't have the same about of time I use to have so I will need to be smarter in how I structure the workouts. Since today is Day 9 I need to figure this out before this afternoon's workout. For now I need to go to church so maybe the Lord with give me inspiration!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Day 9
    Bench Press 5 sets
    Incl Bench Press 4 sets
    Mil Press 5 sets
    Lat Raise 3 sets
    Rear Delt Rows 4 sets
    Tri Ext 5 sets
    Kickbacks 4 sets
    I had also planned to do a 20 min HIIT session but ran out of time do to prior engagements family first!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Day 10
    Lat Pull 5 sets
    Lat Pull narrow grip 4 sets
    Rows 5 sets
    Upright Rows 4 sets
    Curls 5 sets
    Preacher Curls 3 sets
    Hammer Curls 4 sets
    HIIT 21 mins for my cardio

Day 11
    Pyramids 4 sets
    Alternating crunches to fatigue
    Obliques crunches each side to fatigue
    Bicycle abs to fatigue
    Leg Lifts to fatigue
    Crunches to fatigue
    Alternating crunches to fatigue
    HIIT 27 mins for cardio

Day 12

Bench Press 5 sets
    Incl Bench Press 4 sets
    Mil Press 5 sets
    Lat Raise 3 sets
    Rear Delt Rows 4 sets
    Tri Ext 5 sets
    Kickbacks 4 sets
    2 mile jog for cardio
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.32%

Day 13

Lat Pull 5 sets
    Lat Pull narrow grip 4 sets
    Rows 5 sets
    Upright Rows 4 sets
    Curls 5 sets
    Preacher Curls 3 sets
    Hammer Curls 4 sets
    I didn't have time for cardio this go round because we had meet the teacher for my two youngest kiddos and then went out to eat.

Day 14

Rest DAY! But I still did all my yard work so at least I did something active.

Day 15

Bench Press 5 sets
    Incl Bench Press 4 sets
    Mil Press 5 sets
    Lat Raise 3 sets
    Rear Delt Rows 4 sets
    Tri Ext 5 sets
    Kickbacks 4 sets
    Pyramids 3 sets
    Weighted crunches 3 sets
    Bicycle abs until exhaustion
    Jogged 2.5 miles

At this point I have run out of the mega shred and don't feel like replacing it. I am still taking Andro Lean and Lean Xtreme. Crazy thing is I have actually increased in weight by 2 lbs. I am not really worried about the weight gain because my diet is good and I am lifting hard. Sometimes in the past I have had an initial weight gain prior to weight loss but I have never really looked into or tried to figure out why. When I look in the mirror I like the changes I am beginning to see. A little more definition and muscle size increase. I contribute this to the Andro Lean. The thermogenic portion of Andro Lean has me sweating my ass off during my workouts and generally feeling warmer the rest of the time. I am hoping that I will have the look I am after by Christmas. Most people want it for summer but this January the wife and celebrating our 10 years of marriage and are planning to go on a vacation to somewhere tropical.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Time to lean out!
    By shocknyou in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 09:07 PM
  2. time to lean out... diet adjustments?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 12:41 PM
  4. Activate/Lean Xtreme Time Off
    By RaiderNation in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 02:33 PM