Stomach fat or water?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
In the photo I have a roll on lower stomach when sitting. It's yuck.
I'm looking for advice on how I can reduce it.
I have top 4 abs but would like advice on this piece of the puzzle.

Male, 22, 167lbs 5ft 11"
Thanks

Attachments

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Like Arnold said...

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat"

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Yea, pretty simple, but still, i'ts kinda hard to tell if i'ts water or fat. The only way i know to tell is how long have you had that roll? Fat accumulates slowly, while water retention can occur in a matter of days.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I used to be 108kg. Now 76kg.
lost it over a year. It's only lower stomach below belly button when sitting

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
So you've had the lower pudge for over a year now? Then its definitely fat.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes.
Thoughts on how to get rid of it? Prefer to use nutrition and training. I play semi pro cricket and an avid runner putting up good times.

Nutrition I follow paleo now.have for a month with a few grass fed isolate shakes thrown in.

Thoughts bro?

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Well, diet is gonna have to come to the rescue on this one my friend. Lower belly fat is usually the most stubborn area. Try to do a 200-300 daily calorie deficit, also exercises you could do to maybe push out the lower abs, you know, so there more noticable. Hanging leg raises, reverse crunches. Ummm, thats about it, get on the LeanGains diet if you want to, of course, dedicating you life to a diet isn't as easy as just telling you to do it, all-in-all that diet is pretty simple actually, look it up, many people have great success with it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/174612-lean-gains-if.html

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Usually doing a fast of 16-18 hours once a week and a 24hour fast once a month.

Training. I mostly run.
I love running and have neglected much of the weight training. I get tight. Lose functional movement.

Great help bro

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
if you are already fasting once a week maybe give Intermittent Fasting a go (like Meatus said).

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well tonight is my fast. I'll be eating tomorrow morning at 12 noon. So a 17hr window.
Cheers bro

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff so far, but it's pretty simple diet and exercise. The lean gains discussion should have you off to a good start diet wise. I'm a big fan of weight training, more so than running for losing fat, but I understand if that isn't your cup of tea. It helps because I hate running :) Here are three articles and progams I've used/enjoyed in the past.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sprinting_towards_single_digit_body_fat

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/meltdown_training

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_five_principles_of_radical_fat_loss&cr=

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Well, diet is gonna have to come to the rescue on this one my friend. Lower belly fat is usually the most stubborn area. Try to do a 200-300 daily calorie deficit, also exercises you could do to maybe push out the lower abs, you know, so there more noticable. Hanging leg raises, reverse crunches. Ummm, thats about it, get on the LeanGains diet if you want to, of course, dedicating you life to a diet isn't as easy as just telling you to do it, all-in-all that diet is pretty simple actually, look it up, many people have great success with it.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/174612-lean-gains-if.html
good tip with the ab workout, i got the same fat roll on my tummy...bothers the SHIIIIT outta me, but i cant get rid of it. doesnt help that i have a bunch of stretch marks there too, making it even mroe difficult.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
good tip with the ab workout, i got the same fat roll on my tummy...bothers the SHIIIIT outta me, but i cant get rid of it. doesnt help that i have a bunch of stretch marks there too, making it even mroe difficult.
I have never used it as I don't have stretch marks, but have you considered Flawless stretch mark/scar? I know a lot of people have talked about how good it works and Matt said nutraplanet has an order coming in soon. Might be worth a shot.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/flawless-skin-couture-llc/flawless-idrt-stretch-mark-scar-cream.html

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good stuff so far, but it's pretty simple diet and exercise. The lean gains discussion should have you off to a good start diet wise. I'm a big fan of weight training, more so than running for losing fat, but I understand if that isn't your cup of tea. It helps because I hate running :) Here are three articles and progams I've used/enjoyed in the past.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sprinting_towards_single_digit_body_fat

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/meltdown_training

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_five_principles_of_radical_fat_loss&cr=
I run for endurance. Improve v02 and how well my body utilizes fat to carbs.
I used to do weights, got big,strong,full of water, then tight.
I dropped all the weight and I'm looking to drop this flabby part as well.
I will start a program again. I don't know much for a compound strength routine to add strength. Wanna get stronger(muscular) but not put on size or bulk if you get me. That will increase metabolic rate, burn more at rest.
Thanks man

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah bro I hear ya! Piss me off!!!
That cream is outta stock too at NP :(

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
As you can see Its just the lower abs.
I eat very clean.
I want performance whilst having some aesthetics.

Attachments

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I run for endurance. Improve v02 and how well my body utilizes fat to carbs.
I used to do weights, got big,strong,full of water, then tight.
I dropped all the weight and I'm looking to drop this flabby part as well.
I will start a program again. I don't know much for a compound strength routine to add strength. Wanna get stronger(muscular) but not put on size or bulk if you get me. That will increase metabolic rate, burn more at rest.
Thanks man
I don't really know what you mean by "full of water" but you keep saying it. Lifting or running doesn't (or shouldn't) change this fact in the least bit.

As for strength training without putting on bulk that is largely determined by diet. I don't know what your physique goals are, but personally I think you would look much better overall by adding some muscle mass. If you are fearful of looking like a professional bodybuilder that is a pretty irrational fear. Putting on significant amounts of muscle mass is extremely difficult, and it is very unlikely with your current physique that you would put on much size unless you actively tried to with a significant calorie surplus.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't really know what you mean by "full of water" but you keep saying it. Lifting or running doesn't (or shouldn't) change this fact in the least bit.

As for strength training without putting on bulk that is largely determined by diet. I don't know what your physique goals are, but personally I think you would look much better overall by adding some muscle mass. If you are fearful of looking like a professional bodybuilder that is a pretty irrational fear. Putting on significant amounts of muscle mass is extremely difficult, and it is very unlikely with your current physique that you would put on much size unless you actively tried to with a significant calorie surplus.
Was bloated heaps. I only went mainstream with products like n.o explode etc. Junkish products..
Train hard and eat clean. Maintain a small deficit but maybe a surplus one day a week to keep metabolism in check?
Sounds good.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I have stretch marks under and around my armpits, one that looks like a scar on my mid-section, i think it's all from when i jumped from 15 to 16, i went from 5'9 to 6'0, and 190 something to like 210-215.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have stretch marks under and around my armpits, one that looks like a scar on my mid-section, i think it's all from when i jumped from 15 to 16, i went from 5'9 to 6'0, and 190 something to like 210-215.
That's a growth spurt

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
pnut143

pnut143

Awards
Have you considered any topical products like genomyx eviscerate? It looks like you are at a pretty low body fat as it is, I think by antagonizing the stubborn alpha-2 receptors in that stomach flab, fat will be utilized very quickly and you will have great results.

Also, you say you are an avid runner? I love jogging myself, and despite being able to run 10-15 miles without a problem, I ALWAYS had a very pudgy belly and it was frustrating because while I was in great shape, it never showed. I strongly suggest looking into products that contain alpha-yohimbine (rauwolscine hcl) because you don't get any negative stim effects as with normal yohimbine and it actually allows for stubborn fat to be incinerated during exercise. Because insulin completely negates alpha-yohimbines effects, it has to be taken on an empty stomach for fasted cardio (I suggest right when you wake up).

The best value I found was Alpha Burn from Genomyx, or Alpha T-2 from PES (if you want the extra thyroid support). Just take 10-20 mg worth of alpha-yohimbine before jogging and you should get some great results. Let me know if you have any questions.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Have you considered any topical products like genomyx eviscerate? It looks like you are at a pretty low body fat as it is, I think by antagonizing the stubborn alpha-2 receptors in that stomach flab, fat will be utilized very quickly and you will have great results.

Also, you say you are an avid runner? I love jogging myself, and despite being able to run 10-15 miles without a problem, I ALWAYS had a very pudgy belly and it was frustrating because while I was in great shape, it never showed. I strongly suggest looking into products that contain alpha-yohimbine (rauwolscine hcl) because you don't get any negative stim effects as with normal yohimbine and it actually allows for stubborn fat to be incinerated during exercise. Because insulin completely negates alpha-yohimbines effects, it has to be taken on an empty stomach for fasted cardio (I suggest right when you wake up).

The best value I found was Alpha Burn from Genomyx, or Alpha T-2 from PES (if you want the extra thyroid support). Just take 10-20 mg worth of alpha-yohimbine before jogging and you should get some great results. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks man...what I'm starting tomorrow but need to get some more alpha t2 and alphaburn...poor as right now