TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established

mball52

Awards
  • Established
you dont have much muscle mass there-

its really hard to tell from a pic bro, but i would recomend bulking
on my chest? thats probably the first time i've ever heard that as i can bench over 400 lbs. maybe it is just the way the picture is taken.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
on my chest? thats probably the first time i've ever heard that as i can bench over 400 lbs. maybe it is just the way the picture is taken.
:bsflag: Bro, im not even hitting the big 400 yet, im soooo much more bigger than you, you benching 400 is not possible.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
It's a bad angle to judge, but I sorta have to agree with meatus. No possible way someone that size is benching 400 pounds unless your spotter is doing some massive work.

As for BF% I'm not really that good at judging, but you can start to see some abdominal definition. Keep up the hard work!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
1. you dont bench 400lbs

2. you have kinda fat nipples

mball52

Awards
  • Established
1. you dont bench 400lbs

i guess ill have to post a video on the next chest day then. but thanks for all yalls help. yall were very helpful in doing nothing but talk sh!t. i guess people can't come on here and answer an honest question without demeaning someone every chance they get.

mball52

Awards
  • Established
:bsflag: Bro, im not even hitting the big 400 yet, im soooo much more bigger than you, you benching 400 is not possible.
i was benching around 350 in high school (5 years ago) and was a football player and powerlifter. yall need to remember that just because you are big does not mean you are strong. and just because you are small doesn't mean you aren't. i have always had a strong chest. and you are 12 lbs heavier than me, not soooooo much bigger. and as i said in the post before, i will post a video of it when i do my next chest day.

here is a flexed pic. though yall will probably still think what you want

Attachments

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I would say you're at about 10% body fat. If you want an accurate measurement just buy some fat calipers they are quite cheap.

Are you still 205 pounds? or was that what you were before you dropped weight? maybee take a few different angles.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
I'd say your in the 11-13% range and it's hard to tell what you are exactly because some people are gynoids (meaning they hold more fat in their lower body area "Pear Shaped.") Don't worry about these people hating on you man, it's really pathetic that you asked a simple question and they are saying ignorant things. Post that vid, shut them up. It would suck not to be able to bench 400 lbs BTW poor souls. Keep up the work bro!

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
it is hard to believe you could bench 400lbs at your size.

but, strength doesn't always equate to size. btw, i'd say 12% BF

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
1. you dont bench 400lbs

Wow that was really nice man, did it make you feel good?

Anyway I'm guessing 12-13% mate =)

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Wow that was really nice man, did it make you feel good?

Anyway I'm guessing 12-13% mate =)
it made me feel good actually, yes... to the op, id say your between 13-15% bf

and post up that video of you benching over 400lbs ...... i would love to see it

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
it made me feel good actually, yes... to the op, id say your between 13-15% bf

and post up that video of you benching over 400lbs ...... i would love to see it
I am sure it did there playboy

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't trying to be negative in my comments and it is hard to judge off a picture. Judging solely from the first picture I was going to guess your bodyweight at around 185. Someone weighing 185 and benching 400 is very impressive and not something a lot of people can do. Hell weighing 205 (if that's what you weigh now) and benching 400 is something very few people can do. It's not impossible by any means, but the vast majority of trainers aren't putting up 2X their bodyweight on bench.

mball52

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't trying to be negative in my comments and it is hard to judge off a picture. Judging solely from the first picture I was going to guess your bodyweight at around 185. Someone weighing 185 and benching 400 is very impressive and not something a lot of people can do. Hell weighing 205 (if that's what you weigh now) and benching 400 is something very few people can do. It's not impossible by any means, but the vast majority of trainers aren't putting up 2X their bodyweight on bench.
yeah i am currently at around 200. i was almost 230. since my junior year of high school, ive always been told that i was stronger than i looked. due to the cut, im probably only benching around 385. but i'm very content with that. and thanks to all of yall that were giving me honest and very helpful answers. reps for all of yall.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
yeah i am currently at around 200. i was almost 230. since my junior year of high school, ive always been told that i was stronger than i looked. due to the cut, im probably only benching around 385. but i'm very content with that. and thanks to all of yall that were giving me honest and very helpful answers. reps for all of yall.
as a side note : my dad was 135lbs in college and benched over 350.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
you're nuts bro. he's got very little fat even on his lower abs. he just doesn't have a ton of muscle so it looks soft
If he's flexing his abs at all in the original picture he's right around 15% in my opinion.

mball52

Awards
  • Established
as a side note : my dad was 135lbs in college and benched over 350.
exactly. people always assume you have to be a 290 lb monster to bench an ass-load of weight. some people are just naturally strong. but here is a pic of my 2nd rep in a bench press competition in november 2010 at my college until i can put the video up. its not 400, but its 365. much more than most of these guys would ever believe i can lift.

Attachments

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
To Swollen87: Obviously it has a different meaning in Jersey then it does in Pa, but let's just say "you think your good, but yeah, your not."

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
^ thats not 400lbs...

this whole arguement was about OP not being able to bench 400lbs *(i believe he said OVER 400)

365 is a whole lot more believable than 400 for someone with as little muscle mass as him

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
To Swollen87: Obviously it has a different meaning in Jersey then it does in Pa, but let's just say "you think your good, but yeah, your not."
you wouldnt say that to my face....

and i dont think im good, i KNOW im good.... but i dont claim to be MORE than i actually am

OP clearly stated he benches 400lbs... and he doesnt... im not over here saying im better... just saying he doesnt do it

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is hard to believe you could bench 400lbs at your size.

but, strength doesn't always equate to size. btw, i'd say 12% BF
I agree on all 3 points. The men's collegiate 148lb weight category record for powerlifting is 440lbs, so size doesn't define strength 100%

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
i was benching around 350 in high school (5 years ago) and was a football player and powerlifter. yall need to remember that just because you are big does not mean you are strong. and just because you are small doesn't mean you aren't. i have always had a strong chest. and you are 12 lbs heavier than me, not soooooo much bigger. and as i said in the post before, i will post a video of it when i do my next chest day.

here is a flexed pic. though yall will probably still think what you want
Nobody here has the intention to "bash you" or talk ****, its just when you post a picture (the first one) and your chest dont look like ****, then you talk about benching 400 pounds, dont have a vid posted OF you doing it.....yeah people are gonna talk **** to you, post that vid up and ill be impressed. And believe me, i've been lifting ever since i was 15, been taught by the best, dont sit here and tell me "yall need to remember that just because you are big does not mean you are strong. and just because you are small doesn't mean you aren't", I KNOW THIS ALREADY DAMN'T.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I agree on all 3 points. The men's collegiate 148lb weight category record for powerlifting is 440lbs, so size doesn't define strength 100%
but body composition plays a large part in strength... and in short, OP doesnt hav it

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
An answer to the simple question of what bodyfat do I (or whoever else answers) think you are at: I think you are around 13-14%. You look like you have a good framework and that you are an avid weightlifter. I personally don't care if you say you can bench 1,000lbs. I am not going to hoorang you for a video or a picture of you benching and then another one with you in the same outfit holding up a picture of your driver's license to prove anything. I wish you the best with your strength training and your training progress and think you will continue to lean out. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
An answer to the simple question of what bodyfat do I (or whoever else answers) think you are at: I think you are around 13-14%. You look like you have a good framework and that you are an avid weightlifter. I personally don't care if you say you can bench 1,000lbs. I am not going to hoorang you for a video or a picture of you benching and then another one with you in the same outfit holding up a picture of your driver's license to prove anything. I wish you the best with your strength training and your training progress and think you will continue to lean out. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It's the media that gives some all the Jersey people a bad name ;) Some of us aren't that bad :D

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
It's the media that gives some all the Jersey people a bad name ;) Some of us aren't that bad :D
im not bad at all... i may speak my mind a little too often, but that has nothing to do with being from nj...

thats more of a personal "flaw"

asbury pk stand up lol

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
im not bad at all... i may speak my mind a little too often, but that has nothing to do with being from nj...

thats more of a personal "flaw"

asbury pk stand up lol
Haha. What's good Swollen? I'm actually in Tampa now, but I just got back on the forums. I have to update that.

mball52

Awards
  • Established
^ thats not 400lbs...

this whole arguement was about OP not being able to bench 400lbs *(i believe he said OVER 400)

365 is a whole lot more believable than 400 for someone with as little muscle mass as him
correct. i know its not. i said i'd put that up because i am not doing a chest workout for a couple days. and just so ya know, sometimes pictures dont tell the whole story man. youve never seen me in REAL life so how can you really judge? there is such a thing as a bad picture ya know. i have plenty of muscle mass, but i CAN agree with yall that the pictures do look like i dont. when i post this video in a few days will you finally get off my case?

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
when i post this video in a few days will you finally get off my case?
YES, we'll get off your case, your box, whatever the **** you want to call it.

mball52

Awards
  • Established
sounds good. ill be in the gym on wednesday. i will post the results, good or bad. no excuses.

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Good post man. I am not really sure why they want this proof of his statement. No one is forcing them to believe him.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
you wouldnt say that to my face....

and i dont think im good, i KNOW im good.... but i dont claim to be MORE than i actually am

OP clearly stated he benches 400lbs... and he doesnt... im not over here saying im better... just saying he doesnt do it
Nothing else to say but one thing "I would say it to you face there buddy ;)"

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
but body composition plays a large part in strength... and in short, OP doesnt hav it
Do you think the 148lber who benched 440 looked big? Do you think the 105lb college girls that can bench 275 look big? no, they sure don't.

this girl benches 225+at 105lbs, does she look big? [video=youtube;XG6d3AeNJUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6d3AeNJUw[/video]

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Do you think the 148lber who benched 440 looked big? Do you think the 105lb college girls that can bench 275 look big? no, they sure don't.

this girl benches 225+at 105lbs, does she look big? [video=youtube;XG6d3AeNJUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG6d3AeNJUw[/video]
i wouldnt say she couldnt.... ive seen girls/guys that small hit numbers like that.... but never someone built like the OPs original pic hitting 400+.... i have been a personal trainer for a few years, and ive been wrestling/training all my life and have also got into powerlifting .... im pretty sure i have a good grasp on being able to tell who is strong and who isnt ... i do sh*t like this for a living..

and for you to say body composition has nothing to do with strength, i havent seen a 148lber lift 440, but odds are, i can describe to a T what his body would look like (and i bet hes not 6'0 tall 148lbs)

148lbs w/short arms, long thick torso, bulky for his height is MUCH more suited to lift 400+ than someone at 511 200lbs, thin with long arms (simmilar to OP)

look at how the top powerlifters are built in each weight class.... they have a substantial amount of muscle on their frame for their height which in turn = bigger lifts

think about it man... dont wanna fight, you know im right :sly:

.... btw....did you see her quads? that girl is in VERY good shape, and probably has bigger quads at 105 than most men do at 150-160.... i think i would be more impressed by her squat #s than her bench

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
That woman is absolutely Athletic with the capital 'A'. ;) You are right about about the proportions part. I don't power lift, but with my height and proportions, I find it hard to increase my bench press. Then again, I don't know what kind of form everyone else is using, but I use a 4:1 eccentric/concentric tempo and barely graze my chest, avoiding any impact or 'bounce' effect.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow that was really nice man, did it make you feel good?Anyway I'm guessing 12-13% mate =)
I agree. 12%.. I know I was 13.4% before I started cutting and I didn't look much different as far as definition but I was also much stockier since I'm only 5'5"..

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow that was really nice man, did it make you feel good?Anyway I'm guessing 12-13% mate =)
I agree. 12%.. I know I was 13.4% before I started cutting and I didn't look much different as far as definition but I was also much stockier since I'm only 5'5"..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wouldnt say she couldnt.... ive seen girls/guys that small hit numbers like that.... but never someone built like the OPs original pic hitting 400+.... i have been a personal trainer for a few years, and ive been wrestling/training all my life and have also got into powerlifting .... im pretty sure i have a good grasp on being able to tell who is strong and who isnt ... i do sh*t like this for a living..

and for you to say body composition has nothing to do with strength, i havent seen a 148lber lift 440, but odds are, i can describe to a T what his body would look like (and i bet hes not 6'0 tall 148lbs)

148lbs w/short arms, long thick torso, bulky for his height is MUCH more suited to lift 400+ than someone at 511 200lbs, thin with long arms (simmilar to OP)

look at how the top powerlifters are built in each weight class.... they have a substantial amount of muscle on their frame for their height which in turn = bigger lifts

think about it man... dont wanna fight, you know im right :sly:

.... btw....did you see her quads? that girl is in VERY good shape, and probably has bigger quads at 105 than most men do at 150-160.... i think i would be more impressed by her squat #s than her bench
I see what you are saying. And I haven't watched any of the junior powerlifting competitions in person just via youtube. And you know what the quality is like, so I don't know what any of them looked like shirtless, and you are right the 148lber with the 440 bench is probably 5'1".

I know though i've sort of got the reverse going on. If you look at my chest, quads, etc. you'd expect I can lift a good bit more than I actually can. I got the size but zip on strength. Which is fine by me, being an old ****er i'd rather not injure myself anyhow.

In the end though unless we were having an anabolic minds online powerlifting competition, I don't really care too much about what someone says they can lift, and even in logs I just look for progression, the absolute numbers don't mean much

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I know though i've sort of got the reverse going on. If you look at my chest, quads, etc. you'd expect I can lift a good bit more than I actually can. I got the size but zip on strength. Which is fine by me, being an old ****er i'd rather not injure myself anyhow.

In the end though unless we were having an anabolic minds online powerlifting competition, I don't really care too much about what someone says they can lift, and even in logs I just look for progression, the absolute numbers don't mean much
youre right, numbers dont mean much to the bodybuilder type, but for me... im hell bent on getting as strong as possible before im an old f*ck..

most likely if youve got the size, and the body comp, you probably just need to correct some form, and address lagging areas to get those #s up......

glad we see things the same

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
This song is dedicated to the Douchebags out there....enjoy.

[video=youtube;Wn9SXe6Mgn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9SXe6Mgn0[/video]

mball52

Awards
  • Established
ok, just got back from the gym. current weight:198.7 i attempted 405, however, only got it up about halfway. i was only able to get 365 for 2. when i was 230, i also ate everything in sight and didn't care about eating clean. i'm much more comfortable with my current lifestyle change then i ever was when i was at 230. so congrats guys, i cannot currently hit 405 after a 35 lb cut. y'all win. this will just be motivation for my next bulk.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah, just train powerlifting style for a while where you are, you can add that 40lbs in 3-6 months