2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Do you think the 148lber who benched 440 looked big? Do you think the 105lb college girls that can bench 275 look big? no, they sure don't.

this girl benches 225+at 105lbs, does she look big?
    i wouldnt say she couldnt.... ive seen girls/guys that small hit numbers like that.... but never someone built like the OPs original pic hitting 400+.... i have been a personal trainer for a few years, and ive been wrestling/training all my life and have also got into powerlifting .... im pretty sure i have a good grasp on being able to tell who is strong and who isnt ... i do sh*t like this for a living..

and for you to say body composition has nothing to do with strength, i havent seen a 148lber lift 440, but odds are, i can describe to a T what his body would look like (and i bet hes not 6'0 tall 148lbs)

148lbs w/short arms, long thick torso, bulky for his height is MUCH more suited to lift 400+ than someone at 511 200lbs, thin with long arms (simmilar to OP)

look at how the top powerlifters are built in each weight class.... they have a substantial amount of muscle on their frame for their height which in turn = bigger lifts

think about it man... dont wanna fight, you know im right

.... btw....did you see her quads? that girl is in VERY good shape, and probably has bigger quads at 105 than most men do at 150-160.... i think i would be more impressed by her squat #s than her bench
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

That woman is absolutely Athletic with the capital 'A'. You are right about about the proportions part. I don't power lift, but with my height and proportions, I find it hard to increase my bench press. Then again, I don't know what kind of form everyone else is using, but I use a 4:1 eccentric/concentric tempo and barely graze my chest, avoiding any impact or 'bounce' effect.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.79%

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFox View Post
    Wow that was really nice man, did it make you feel good?Anyway I'm guessing 12-13% mate =)
    I agree. 12%.. I know I was 13.4% before I started cutting and I didn't look much different as far as definition but I was also much stockier since I'm only 5'5"..
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.79%

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFox View Post
    Wow that was really nice man, did it make you feel good?Anyway I'm guessing 12-13% mate =)
    I agree. 12%.. I know I was 13.4% before I started cutting and I didn't look much different as far as definition but I was also much stockier since I'm only 5'5"..
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    i wouldnt say she couldnt.... ive seen girls/guys that small hit numbers like that.... but never someone built like the OPs original pic hitting 400+.... i have been a personal trainer for a few years, and ive been wrestling/training all my life and have also got into powerlifting .... im pretty sure i have a good grasp on being able to tell who is strong and who isnt ... i do sh*t like this for a living..

and for you to say body composition has nothing to do with strength, i havent seen a 148lber lift 440, but odds are, i can describe to a T what his body would look like (and i bet hes not 6'0 tall 148lbs)

148lbs w/short arms, long thick torso, bulky for his height is MUCH more suited to lift 400+ than someone at 511 200lbs, thin with long arms (simmilar to OP)

look at how the top powerlifters are built in each weight class.... they have a substantial amount of muscle on their frame for their height which in turn = bigger lifts

.... btw....did you see her quads? that girl is in VERY good shape, and probably has bigger quads at 105 than most men do at 150-160.... i think i would be more impressed by her squat #s than her bench
    I see what you are saying. And I haven't watched any of the junior powerlifting competitions in person just via youtube. And you know what the quality is like, so I don't know what any of them looked like shirtless, and you are right the 148lber with the 440 bench is probably 5'1".

I know though i've sort of got the reverse going on. If you look at my chest, quads, etc. you'd expect I can lift a good bit more than I actually can. I got the size but zip on strength. Which is fine by me, being an old ****er i'd rather not injure myself anyhow.

In the end though unless we were having an anabolic minds online powerlifting competition, I don't really care too much about what someone says they can lift, and even in logs I just look for progression, the absolute numbers don't mean much
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I know though i've sort of got the reverse going on. If you look at my chest, quads, etc. you'd expect I can lift a good bit more than I actually can. I got the size but zip on strength. Which is fine by me, being an old ****er i'd rather not injure myself anyhow.

In the end though unless we were having an anabolic minds online powerlifting competition, I don't really care too much about what someone says they can lift, and even in logs I just look for progression, the absolute numbers don't mean much
    youre right, numbers dont mean much to the bodybuilder type, but for me... im hell bent on getting as strong as possible before im an old f*ck..

most likely if youve got the size, and the body comp, you probably just need to correct some form, and address lagging areas to get those #s up......

glad we see things the same
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This song is dedicated to the Douchebags out there....enjoy.

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.02%

ok, just got back from the gym. current weight:198.7 i attempted 405, however, only got it up about halfway. i was only able to get 365 for 2. when i was 230, i also ate everything in sight and didn't care about eating clean. i'm much more comfortable with my current lifestyle change then i ever was when i was at 230. so congrats guys, i cannot currently hit 405 after a 35 lb cut. y'all win. this will just be motivation for my next bulk.
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Nah, just train powerlifting style for a while where you are, you can add that 40lbs in 3-6 months
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%

Quote Originally Posted by mball52 View Post
    ok, just got back from the gym. current weight:198.7 i attempted 405, however, only got it up about halfway. i was only able to get 365 for 2. when i was 230, i also ate everything in sight and didn't care about eating clean. i'm much more comfortable with my current lifestyle change then i ever was when i was at 230. so congrats guys, i cannot currently hit 405 after a 35 lb cut. y'all win. this will just be motivation for my next bulk.
    its ok

im not mad at you.

cutting weight always cuts strength a little.... just keep training hard youll get it back

(ps. post vid of 365x2 or it didnt happen)
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

No big deal Just eat more cals! Eat more, lift more!
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.02%

its ok

im not mad at you.

cutting weight always cuts strength a little.... just keep training hard youll get it back

(ps. post vid of 365x2 or it didnt happen)
    you're killin me man. lol i just took a vid of a failed 405 that i deleted. i'll post one on saturday if it means so much to ya. haha
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just keep lifting, eating, slepping and you'll be at 400 before you know it.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.02%

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Yea bruh, we were just busting your balls, i could give a **** wether u could bench 400 or not, just keep on eating good, lifting hard, and you'll hit 400 before you know it.
    i figured, but either way, its all motivation. like i said, i'm in a lifestyle change. nothin but clean food from here on out. takes some time to get used to though. especially doing a low carb diet.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'mma get em' when i get em', i loved em' and i fed em', live in peace i aint' gone' let em', when i see em' imma' wet em'.
    -Jim Morrison
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.6%

Wheres the Saturday video?
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.84%

Video!!!
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.45%

I have to agree with swollen that body composition is a huge indicator. i know that i mentioned my dad was 135lbs, but, he had little to no fat. he looked like a monster at 135lbs. he still has more muscle than me and hes 68! dont know what that makes me lol. and i dont want to know either, for you aspiring a-holes!
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.64%

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    I have to agree with swollen that body composition is a huge indicator. i know that i mentioned my dad was 135lbs, but, he had little to no fat. he looked like a monster at 135lbs. he still has more muscle than me and hes 68! dont know what that makes me lol. and i dont want to know either, for you aspiring a-holes!
    Wait, are you agreeing with me AND calling me an ahole at the same time
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

I don't think it's to you in specific... I think in a joking manner, to the rest of us a-holes in general :P lol
    Also, you aren't obligated to post a video, pic or anything... If you just say that youaren't posting one we can probaby close this thread! lol
  22. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87
    I don't think that's the first time you've had that happen.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I don't think it's to you in specific... I think in a joking manner, to the rest of us a-holes in general :P lol
    Also, you aren't obligated to post a video, pic or anything... If you just say that youaren't posting one we can probaby close this thread! lol
    i didnt even realize this thread was still going on. when i mentioned the saturday video, i said "if it really means that much then ill post one". nobody told me to do it so i havent done it.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by mball52 View Post
    i didnt even realize this thread was still going on. when i mentioned the saturday video, i said "if it really means that much then ill post one". nobody told me to do it so i havent done it.
    Don't fuel the fire to have you post up a video! lol. It's all good brotha. Just keep eatin' good and training hard.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Losing Weight Without Losing Muscle
    By SimplyDraven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 04:07 AM
  2. Need help losing weight!
    By Noroxas in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
  3. need help losing weight
    By paint2100 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5