Cardio durin lunch break??

rcarey02

rcarey02

Awards
Sup guys, instead of doing my cardio after weights when i hit the gym after work, I am considering doing it on my lunch break (12-1:15)

Also I wouldnt it the weight till about 5pm

Cardio consists of 20-40min on stepmill, elliptical, or incline treadmill with some HIIT

Pros and cons? which method would be more beneficial to burn up some bf?

ps Morning cardio prior to work sux haha

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as your getting your cardio in then your doing good. I know a lot of people that use lunchtime cardio and have great success. A calorie burned is a calorie earned.

crystaljonesy

crystaljonesy

Awards
Actually, you can do cardio anytime that suits you, as long as you don't over do it or go beyond your body's limit.

Fat Ass 101

Fat Ass 101

Awards
It shouldn't matter when you do cardio, but the fact that you are going on lunch break instead of shoving a big mac down your throat, I would say that the benefit of lunch break cardio could be two-fold.

AC18

AC18

Awards
i think it would be beneficial. you will be kicking your metabolism into gear at 2 different points of the day so will keep it fairly high right through. there are arguments for both sides of it but as long as you are getting the cardio in and are achieving a calorie deficit in your diet then you will see results.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think it would be beneficial. you will be kicking your metabolism into gear at 2 different points of the day so will keep it fairly high right through. there are arguments for both sides of it but as long as you are getting the cardio in and are achieving a calorie deficit in your diet then you will see results.
This.

And if you can do it, I'd do it over lunch, for sure. You'll probably have more drive to push harder at each session, rather than coming up with an excuse to stop cardio 5 minutes early if you had a hard weight session.

rcarey02

rcarey02

Awards
cardio durin my lunch break has been goin great! Love the feelin of the metabolism boost to push through the rest of the afternoon at work and ive def notice the effects on my body composition. highly recommended!

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
you will lose much more bodyfat. Keep protein high, workouts 35-50min each max

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use to run a mile or two on my 15 minute breaks then go to the gym on my one hour lunch break. Honestly I say doing cardio on your lunch is awesome but I would still follow up with cardio after weights. I only say that because from my reading its really healthy for your body to perform cardio after a weight session.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I was training with kick boxers about 1 year ago in my lunch break doing hill sprints, parachute sprints, harness runs, lunges and a whole bunch of HIIT. We'd train for 45 mins each lunch with most of us doing wiehgts in the evening. I have never shredded up faster....i lost inches of my waist in weeks! Only problem was that i could hardly work once i got back. It would take me another hour to recover-but these guys were intence.